1 Year to SAVE!!!

11/14
= $2082

11/15

cashed out both DH and myself so another $23 to add to the fund. Plus we did $12 in jobs today so that will come through paypal in a couple days.

$2082
+$23
= $2105

ETA: 11/16

$2105
+$4 one job paid out
+$50 sold a desk on CL that I was just going to take to goodwill tomorrow! It's picked up and I've got cash in hand! I'm so glad I didn't take it yesterday!
= $2159

Hi Everyone! Glad to know everyone is still saving! I made it back from my early November trip, have suffered through some emotional stuff within the family, but am now on track again saving for my next trip.

The ticker has a date, but as of now, I have NO idea if we will be going. I had planned on taking DD and a friend to celebrate her 16th birthday early, but after pricing the Finding Nemo Suite, I looked a cruises and it would have actually been cheaper to take a mini Disney cruise and a few days at the parks then the whole trip at the new family suite. (ok, I didn't factor in tips on the cruise, but no one knows that) The friend's mom isn't sure she wants her DD going on a cruise, so for now, I am saving for a trip and don't know when it will be.

I returned some items I had purchased as gifts today and since that money was already spent and "gone", I used the cash they gave me to buy $100 in Disney giftcards at Sam's Club. No bonus offers there, but I did save about $3, which I will put in the bank account. I did end up with money left over from the November trip, so I need to total it up and see where I stand. DH didn't take all of the money to pay off the car rental and my DIsney Visa, so I might have $500 already put aside. :thumbsup2

I'm impressed with myself! I've done pretty good the last few weeks. Couple of reimbursement cheques came in and since I wasn't missing the money I just put them in the vacation account. Plus I was offered a part-time job for Christmas and since it won't take away from my regular salaried job I'm using that money for half Christmas and half vacation right now. Plus there's a possibility of some more shifts after the holidays so that will all go to Disney!

Took a jump from $422 a month ago to $764 today! WAHOOOOO :banana::banana:

Now I can start thinking in terms of "Now I have enough money for the tickets....now I need to hotel deposit" :)

Groceries didn't go so well last week. I came only $3 under budget...BUT, I sold another Craigslist item, so I still had $20 to put in the Mickey jar.

Goal: $1000
Former Balance: $688.08
Saved this week: $23.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Left to save: $665.08

Just got another Airmiles gift certificate for $20 in groceries so that's another $20 I can put aside :)

Update:
Former Balance: 830.
Amount needed: 3100.

New savings: I got the $25 small business Saturday gift card and I also registered both DH and my Amex. We will use this for something we'd be buying anyway, so that is $75 savings.

I bought $400 worth of gift cards at our Stop and Shop. They had 10% back in coupons so that is another $40 saved.

I listed five things on Craigs list, but not one sold :( I think I will try to relist with lower prices over the weekend.

I also cashed out $20 in Swagbucks and $50 from Quickrewards. The gift cards haven't come yet, but I think I will count them.

Found $50 Target gift card, which I used to buy $50 in Disney Gift cards.

Still waiting on the $200 Disney Visa Gift card, so won't count that yet.

SO! New Balance: $1065

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

***remember your Disney savings goals tomorrow when you hit those Black Friday sales! :rotfl2:

Grocery shopping went really well for this week...only spent $65 from my $100 budget!!! :cool1:

Former Balance: $665.08
Saved this week: $35.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Left to save: $630.08

Just keep saving!!!! :cheer2:

Lovin' this thread (just subbed :thumbsup2) We are recently returned/yearning to go back as well! I read the whole thread last night and have a little saving tip of my own. At Costco, if you purchase something and that same item goes on sale within a month, they will re-imburse you the difference. They have your shopping history attached to your card, just go to customer service and ask. I got $4.20 back today on a book I bought a month ago! Going into my recently well - sealed Disney change jar! It all adds up :teacher: !!

This is a great thread and has inspired me as well. We want to go back to WDW next year too and are looking for additional creative ways to save a little more cash here and there to make it happen. I can say that the change jar/piggy bank idea worked really well for us for our WDW trip this past August. I agree that it really does all add up! About 9-10 months before our trip we took an empty big plastic pretzel jar, taped it up with duct tape (leaving only a crevice on top to drop money in) and labeled it "Disney trip fund". We even let our children decorate it and put Disney character stickers on it. In addition to loose change, we also stuck dollar bills in there whenever we could. A week before our trip we cashed in the change at one of those Coin Star machines at a local grocery store and put all the money on gift cards and that was our spending money for the trip :thumbsup2

A couple of easy, painless ways to save at the grocery and drug stores. Sign up at Savingstar.com and register your store cards. Then check back regularly and "activate" their digital coupons. When you purchase an item that has one of their coupons and you use a registered loyalty card, you get credited the amount of the coupon. Once you reach $5 in savings, you can cash out for a check or Paypal. I have just under $5 in there right now and with my next planned trip, I should have enough to cash out if I want to.

The other suggestion is to also register your loyalty cards at Upromise. They automatically keep track of when you buy participating products. You can ask for a check from your account when you want to cash out and you don't have to spend it on educational expenses.

Easy money.

Good hint about Costco, didn't know they would adjust prices!!

This week has been filled highs and lows! I found out I won $100 from a blog contest. SO that is another $100 for my Disney fund. :banana:

Then DH told me his job screwed up his paycheck and his next check (or two) will be close to nothing! :mad: I am going today to pull my Disney fund and put it in the house account. :sad1: I'll get it back eventually, I just hate using it. Since the money is really tight, I won't be shopping this week, other than one more Christmas gift. Good thing I have a well stocked freezer and pantry!

Keep on saving everyone, we can do it!! :woohoo:

A year ago today, I was celebrating my daughters 25th birthday with her at the Magic Kingdom. We need to figure out when the next trip is going to be and start SAVING. She is expecting her first baby in February, so we need to decide when we want to take him for his first trip. Any suggestions?

Grocery shopping didn't go so well today. I spent $95 of a $100 budget. :sad1:

Former balance: $630.08
Saved this week: $5.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Left to save: $625.08

*DH and I have our anniversary coming up in two weeks. Not going to do anything for each other this year except for a card. Will put the gift $$$ into the Mickey jar. Just have to talk with him and determine how much that will be. We will also get $$$ for Christmas to add.

Just keep saving!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Update:
Former Balance: 1065.
Amount needed: 3100 BUT I think we have decided to fly. So will up the amount to 3700.

New savings: I finally received my 200 visa gift card.

2 of my Craigslist items sold, so that is $40.

I earned another $20 in Swagbucks and another $25 in Quickrewards. That is $75.

I made another $90 selling things on eBay. I listed a TON more things today, so hopefully more to come there.

I just did the DVC tour for Disney Visa holders. That will be another $40 but I will count that when it arrives.

That brings my new total up to $1440. Yeah!

Update:
Former Balance: 1065.
Amount needed: 3100 BUT I think we have decided to fly. So will up the amount to 3700.

New savings: I finally received my 200 visa gift card.

2 of my Craigslist items sold, so that is $40.

I earned another $20 in Swagbucks and another $25 in Quickrewards. That is $75.

I made another $90 selling things on eBay. I listed a TON more things today, so hopefully more to come there.

I just did the DVC tour for Disney Visa holders. That will be another $40 but I will count that when it arrives.

That brings my new total up to $1440. Yeah!

Congrats to all the good savers on here! We are in the process of saving ourselves. Just had a question though... How long did the Visa DVC tour take and what did it entail? I received one of those offers too. :)

I have decided I will get back to Mickey in 2012 if it's the last thing I do.

Need $1550 (It's just me and DD12 - Airfare, YEStix, PopC, food)
Have $310 in the super secret stash
Have $60 in the change jar (just counted this morning)
Have $20 check from Toluna

That leaves $1160 left to save!

I just need a couple of my toluna points to go through and I should be ready for another check in a day or two. Need to get stuff back up on Craigslist too. Got back from a quick vacation just before Thanksgiving, then my Grandma fell that night, spent a week at the hospital with her and a couple days at the funeral home:sad1: But it's back to reality for me (and maybe refocusing on Mickey will help).

I'm hoping I can talk my daughter into selling some of her American Girl stuff on ebay, that would be a lot of $$$$ right there.

Still hoping for Labor Day 2012! I CAN DO IT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter