• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Single Stroller, 2 Single Strollers, or Double Strollers?

Which stroller(s) should I take to WDW for 5 yo Twins in October?

• 1 Single Stroller

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 2 Single Strollers

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Double Stroller

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

DisneyFan1992A

Earning My Ears
Have 5 year old twins, going to Disney in October 2016.

Debating on which stroller(s) to take. We are driving, so space is not a problem.

We have 2 single City Mini Micro strollers and a City Mini Double Stroller already, so don't have to buy any.

Not sure what to bring with us. Thinking 2 single strollers give us the most flexibility.

Thoughts? Pros - Cons?

are you using Disney transportation or your own car to get to parks? if using buses esp 2 singles can be a pain to load as each of you will have a stroller and a child. where as with the double one can help the kids and one deal with stroller. also with the double you can trade off pushing stroller.

Hi Betty. Great question. Had not thought about transportation to/from park. Hmm - We will probably be using Disney buses.

I am planning to rent a city mini double for my 5 and 3 year olds. Then my Dh can take the stroller on the bus and I can take the kids. I am a little worried if they fall asleep in the stroller at night and need to be carried on the bus, but hopefully we manage!

We took our twins in June 2015. We used a double stroller. I would have the kids while my husband took the stroller to strolley parking or folded it for a bus. We brought our single strollers too but never used them.

I would use the double. Just one less thing to keep track of

We will have a 5 year old and 15 month old on our next trip and I think I might buy or rent a double stroller.

I would bring the double stroller. Unless the two kids have completely different interests and you think you will spend a lot of time separated. But if there's any chance one adult will have both kids alone for any amount of time, you will definitely want the double. 1 single is definitely a bad idea because they are guaranteed to want to ride at the same time.

Sometimes the stroller fairies move the stroller while you're in a remote location...say, Philharmagic. Having one double stroller minimizes the frustration while you search for your ride! Also, if one child decides to walk or go off with another adult, you'll have a place to stash stuff.

Hi Betty. Great question. Had not thought about transportation to/from park. Hmm - We will probably be using Disney buses.
with that answer I would go with the double so each parent does not have a stroller and a twin to get to bus. plus at 5 years old one could walk a short distance if you would split up

Another vote for double. I agree with PP that Disney buses will be much easier with one stroller and two parents. Generally, my hubby would deal with the stroller while I had each of our two kids (3 and 5) by the hand and got them on the bus and (hopefully) seated. If we had to stand or gave up our seat to someone who needed it more, then after boarding, it was much easier to prop the one stroller on his leg rather than us both trying to balance a stroller AND kid for the turns, etc. He could handle both and stroller and kid - me, not so much.

Same thing for stroller parking. Easier to hunt down one stroller, rather than two.

We generally didn't find it difficult to navigate a double through the crowds, and we never use one at home. But we were there in January, so that may vary with other times of year. And with 2 five year olds, you may end up parking it for extended periods of time and walking to nearby attractions, then retrieving it and moving on to the next section. We did this a lot in MK and DHS.

How about renting a double at the parks as needed so you don't have to take it on the bus? The only park we ever needed a stroller for a five year old was at EPCOT.

We have always done 2 singles for one main reason....it keeps the kids from bickering. My girls are great kids, but being together all day in such close quarters would more than likely lead to them picking at one another...... With 2 strollers, we were able to keep the girls separated enough so there was no bickering! We had a perfect trip!

That might not be an issue wth your kiddos, but just wanted to throw my experiences out there! I'm sure it is very dependent on the kids! For us it was completely worth 2 strollers for a more peaceful vacation ;)

I also say -double. And I loved the city mini we rented. I will say, my 2 and 4 year old lived in the stroll and my 7 year old even rode in it one day when she got sleepy.
We are returning in September hopefully and we plan on getting another double for the 4 and 6 year old because that was a lot of walking.

In the past we have done both. we started with a citi mini GT double when we had our second child (3 years apart, so a little different than twins in a stroller), and then bought 2 $20 umbrella strollers for one trip. While we were there on that trip we felt so smug watching other families with double strollers have to look for a monorail car with room for it, and felt so suave as we dodged through crowds and stores instead of having to fit the big double stroller through. Then, for all of our trips since then we went back to the citi mini GT double :rotfl:. As nice as it was to be more mobile and be able to split up (which didn't really end up to matter that much for us and the way we travel so far) I really missed being able to carry things on the stroller - with umbrella strollers you can't hang much at all on them. Now in your case I guess your single strollers are big enough you will still be able to carry things on them, so that won't be as much as a consideration, but also since they are bigger they will be more of a pain than the umbrella strollers to fold up and carry while also carrying the stuff you piled on it and keeping track of a mobile child. So while both hae advantages, i still voted for the double.

I also wanted to add that we also take one of the umbrella strollers for times we only need one for our younger (we check the double and let DME get it, and use the single in the airport also) , like when we went to splittsville or just walked around our resort or went mini golfing, etc I'm not sure if that will help you, though, since with twins you don't have a younger one who might need the stroller more than the older one. Just another thought.

We're taking our 5 year old twins in June (they turn 6 at the end of June). We're taking a double stroller for them. I just think about how at home they're always too tired to walk. Half the time they want to even ride in the basket in the buggy just for grocery shopping. So, we're taking a stroller. They haven't ridden in one since they were 3!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter