1 room vs 2 rooms

Jennytennis

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone---We are planning a trip to Disney in mid-October. There are myself and husband, three kids 3,6 and 9. The question is---should we get two rooms at one of the Value resorts or should we bump up to a moderate resort and just get one room with a pull-out bed or cot for our youngest?

I am counting on you Disney experts to give me the pros and the cons! Of course, I am really hoping that I can get a code for October as well.

I was quoted for Pop Century $109 per room. The two older kids have been to the Value resorts before and have figured it out that there are better ones out there! LOL

Any and all information will be helpful!! Thanks:teeth:

It the moderate catagory, the only resort that will take five in a room is Port Orleans Riverside and that is because the AB section has a small trundle bed. They don't have cots. I think that may be too crowded for ya anyway.

If you watch this board and www.mousesavers.com, you might find that Disney releases discount codes that you may be able to get for a better price on two rooms at a moderate for less than you were quoted for the value resort. You could also get a bigger room at one of the Deluxes or one of the Fort Wilderness cabins that you would be much more comfortable in. Go to that mousesavers website and read up on codes. I don't think the codes are out yet for October yet.

Oh, Welcome to the DISboards!:wave:

I agree with jennymouse. You may be able to get two rooms at a moderate if discounts become available. We are a family of six, so we have been doing two connecting rooms for several years. The first year we decided to stay someplace else besides FW cabins, the whole family looked at pictures on line of the different resorts. The kids fell in love with the serpent slide at POFQ. I told them that we couldn't afford it that year and we would stay at an AS resort. Well, I got a great AP deal on the rooms and upgraded to POFQ but didn't tell the kids. Imagine their surprise when we pulled up in front of POFQ. There were only two problems with keeping it a secret: First, I thought I would burst! Second, now a surprise is expected every time we go and I'm running out of ideas!

Have a great time planning!

P.S. Make sure you ask for connecting rooms. They will guarantee it with three minor children. Adjoining means next to each other, but not necessarily with a door connecting them.

I'd go for one room at POR. Your children are still young. I know I'd at least want the 3 year old in the same room as me. The kids will just love Riverside. The pool and slide are great for them. They can go fishing there plus you have the added convenience of taking the boat to DTD. I think POR would be ideal. :)

We choose to stay at the Value resorts and get two rooms. Two rooms mean two bathrooms and two tvs, which saves our sanity. That way we can put the kids (10, 8 & 3) to sleep in one of the rooms and we can watch TV or prepare for the next day in ours. Also, with our family - five people plus one toilet equals no fun!

You should be able to do better than $109 at Pop or All-Stars in Oct. - just watch for codes.

Thanks for all of the great posts!:Pinkbounc Hopefully I will be able to make a more clear cut decision once the codes come out!

We are a family of 5. I like having two rooms. That means two bathrooms and more importantly, private time for hubby and I! ;)

We have two rooms at POR booked for our trip in October. The CM I booked with through CRO guaranteed us connecting rooms. And our reservation that came in the mail says "Guaranteed Connecting Rooms"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter