1 nt enough at AS Sport

Ive stayed at sports and music
I prefer sports.
Im kinda partial to it, it was our first resort, my mom and I came to florida one year with no plans, we looked for an offsite hotel nothing desirable was available.
So I said why dont we try disney, so the first resort we found was all star sports.
Sure its not fancy but to us it was AWESOME all the huge sports stuff and the coke cup the car could fit in:)I was in heaven.

We have even been there during the dreaded pop werner thing, it didnt bother us.

We did our first extended stay at a moderate last november and though I LOVE the pofq I cant say it was totally worth the 1400 dollar price difference.

We actually had a problem with noise at pofq, they were refurbing the rooms all around us, mind shattering pounding is what we woke up to every am for 4 days, until we lost it and demanded to be moved:)
And we were in the pool when a bunch of very loud drunk people got kicked out after 30 minutes of profanity.
I still love pofq im just saying that the all stars can be quieter than a moderate some times.

We rarely eat in the food court too but always go and get drinks and fruit and yogurt in the am and we love a late night pizza snack.
Ive never stayed at pop but when we visited the food court it seemed way more full of people than the all stars.
Im totally for all star sports.

buzzman88 said:
I've asked for a quiet room at AS Sports and am thinking that the Center Court or Touchdown area may be the quietest since they're furthest from the pool.

I'm okay with limited amenities (after all, it's a VALUE resort), but all of us are light sleepers and can be easily woken up by people running around the hall. Again, we have a 4 y.o. and an infant, so it may not be fun to have 2 unhappy toddlers on your vacation.

I just called Disney and they said they have a room at AS Music available and a preferred room (for $100 more for our entire stay) available at Pop Century. I'm also considering to upgrade to a moderate resort, but the cost is a bit prohibitive.

I may just have to "wing it" at least for the first night and see how things go. If it becomes unbearable, then we have to switch.

Again, please let me know how the "crowd/noise" level when you're there. Have a terrific vacation!

Here is a tip; Keep your bathroom door shut at night.
My DH is a builder and he says a lot of sounds travel through the plumbing. I keep the bathroom closed and have not had a problem with noise at the All Stars.
If you want to stay at a quite value resort All Star Music is usually the quietest.

I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel to me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite. It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Calypso building. It is closer to the pool, food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down. All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.

here is a recent thread about All Star Music.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1102767&page=1&pp=15

Have fun at Disney!

LeslieG said:
Spent one night at AS Sport because we were getting in late and didn't want to spend the extra money for WL, which is where we were going to stay the following 3 nts. We had stayed at WL before but never AS Sport.

I have to say I couldn't wait to get out of the place. It's just big and loud and too many high school age kids. Not a relaxing place to be. Not that any kids were rude, but it just was not the atmosphere that I would choose for a relaxing vacation. The food court was like being in a high school cafeteria.

When we got to WL, it was like ahhh, now this is more like it.

Just so people are aware that a lot of school groups book the hotel, and it's definitely a different atmosphere than especially the deluxe hotels.

Ha ha, your post actually made us MORE excited to be staying at the Sports Resort. The more activity the better for our family. Of course we have two teens so we are used to all the activity. Our daughter is a cheerleader and our son plays baseball, so normally we are in a big group anyway. Too much quiet makes me nervous. :cool1:

Well, we're back! We checked in to AS Sports late Saturday night 5/13. The evening before I had faxed a request for a quiet room, and we had already paid for preferred location. It couldn't have worked out better! We had adjoining rooms, 1 for DH (59) and DW (49) (me) and one for DS(15) and his friend (15). We were in 6150 and 6151, which are on the back side of Building 6, about halfway between the end of the building and the intersection of the wings of the building (what I call the "T"). We were on the ground floor facing out to nothing but bushes. In the evening the sounds we heard were:

1. room air conditioner,
2. occasional toilet flushes elsewhere in the building, and
3. crickets.

In the morning the sounds we heard were:

1. room air conditioner,
2. occasional toilet flushes and showers elsewhere in the building, and
3. birds.

We usually came back for a short time midafternoon and it was dead quiet.

I didn't see any school groups at AS Sports that I could identify, but there were several that rode the bus from AS Movies and AS Music. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of people, but no one was particularly rowdy except one guy at the bar Saturday night.

Buzzman88, I would say fax a request for a quiet room, try to pick a spot that people don't walk past on their way to somewhere else, and stay away from rooms facing the pools and bar. Stay away from the intersection of the wings since there are stairs and ice machines here. Have a great trip! Let me know how it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter