1 hour before flight enough time at Sanford?

jsantini

Disney Vet
Hello,

We'll be flying Allegiant from Sanford to our home destination. Our flight leaves at 7:15am and our towncar service scheduled our pickup at CSR for 5:15am. Is that going to then be enough time to check in and get through security comortably at Sanford? I believe we should be in the check-in line at the airport by 6:15am with that pickup time. I'm wondering if I should request an earlier pickup.

I would request an earlier pick up time. Apparently, check in for allegiant flights at Sanford can be very slow.

They usually have 2 or 3 check-in attendants. And it takes a long time. I would suggest 2 hours 45 minutes, because it takes 45 minutes from WDW to get to Sanford.

The only time we've flown Allegiant out of Orlando, the check-in process was very slow. They'll only open the line for certain flights at a time. A couple in line behind us had missed an earlier flight due to the slowness of check in. Instead of letting them immediately check in for their reassigned flight, they had to get out of line and return when that flight's check-in time window opened. They were afraid of missing it again! Our town car service picked us up at the same 3 hours prior to flight time frame that DME uses. Once we got checked in, getting through security was quick.

Maybe leaving that early in the morning you won't have large crowds at check-in. Our flight left around 5pm.

I don't have any experience with Allegiant out of Sanford, however, I do know in St. Pete/Clearwater their checkin is also very slow. My two sons almost missed their flight last March and they were at the airport in the check-in line two hours prior to the flight. Allegiant actually had someone coming thru the line asking which people were on that particular flight and bringing them to the front so they wouldn't miss the flight. I guess there was also an Allegiant flight leaving for one of the islands shortly after their flight and it would appear they did not have nearly enough people working checkin to handle both flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter