1 day trip in Oct

momtoccc

DIS Veteran
Hi all

DD (age 11) and I will be flying to Orlando to catch a weekend cruise for weekend of Oct 9-11. She has off school on Thurs, Oct 8 so we were thinking we could fly to Orlando the evening of the 7th and perhaps do Universal (she has never been and I haven't been in years)

After reading the boards some, I realize this is likely to coincide with the Halloween nights which we have no interest in doing.. We are not Harry Potter fans (I know.. blasphemy) so we could skip that area completely. She is most interested in riding some of the roller coasters.

I was originally just going to pick a single park and do that, but there are rides in each park she would like to do.

Do you think it would be possible to do the park-to-park pass and hit the highlights in both parks in one day? I'm thinking we would start with the studios and do Minions, Mummy, Men In Black and then transition over to IOA for the rest of the day (we could use the Hogwarts train if we are back by Men In Black). I'm willing to pay for the Express Pass if that will help us out. Any other Must-sees in Studios before we go over to IOA? (only ride I don't think I'm up for is the Rip Rockit)

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help :)

the 3 day weekend for columbus day, will bring in crowds to the parks.

but, i think if you are planning to hit the coasters and the few others you listed, you could get them all in especially if you went that thursday.

use the single rider lines, where available, to avoid long line waits.

you can always buy the ep's in the park the day you are there if line waits are excessively long.

DE usually has waits, mib use srl and you won't have much of a wait at all.
i stay on site and get the free ep but only do srl for mib...

are you planning to stay off site or on?
if you go with Cbay, you do get the early entry but no ep.

Thanks for the input.. still learning the Universal Studio lingo.. what is DE? I would be fine using SRL but not sure DD will want to be separated from me. Haven't figured out where to stay. Early entry doesn't matter to since we aren't Harry Potter fans. I'll have to see if the EP is worth the extra cost for hotel.. I was looking at Cabana bay until I realized you don't get the EP with that one.. still might consider it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter