• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 day tickets

Colleen1011

Mouseketeer
We are planning on traveling to WDW in August 2013 as well as Christmas 2013. My son and I are Vacation Club members. My 2 sisters who live with me are traveling with us on both trips. The four of us purchased the special PAP through DVC. My question comes in at my parents are traveling with us at Christmas and we might stay on property at POP Century with the dining plan. I looked up and there have been Annual Pass discounts released in the past up to 12/24. If that happens we would take that discount and my parents would buy tickets when we arrive. My question is if that is not possible and we do decide to get the dining package with tickets and we all get 1 day tickets, will we be able to combine all the 1 day tickets value towards a 7 day ticket for them . I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help!

We are planning on traveling to WDW in August 2013 as well as Christmas 2013. My son and I are Vacation Club members. My 2 sisters who live with me are traveling with us on both trips. The four of us purchased the special PAP through DVC. My question comes in at my parents are traveling with us at Christmas and we might stay on property at POP Century with the dining plan. I looked up and there have been Annual Pass discounts released in the past up to 12/24. If that happens we would take that discount and my parents would buy tickets when we arrive.

My question is if that is not possible and we do decide to get the dining package with tickets and we all get 1 day tickets,

will we be able to combine all the 1 day tickets value towards a 7 day ticket for them . I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help!

No. Sorry.

There can be no combining of multiple tickets for the purpose of upgrading.
Upgrades can only be done on a one-to-one basis.

You can just KEEP any unused tickets and upgrade each on a later trip.
(Or, use their value, one-at-a-time to help pay for AP's.)

As I understand it, though, you don't need an AP discount to get a ticketless package with dining. You just can't use a different discount. But if you're paying rack rate, you don't need to buy tickets for AP package.

decide to get the dining package with tickets

You can do an AP ticketless package (room + paid dining plan) at any time. It can be booked online through the AP site or you can call. Your room rate will be either rack rate or an AP rate if there's a promo available.

Everyone, including AP holders, has to buy tickets if taking advantage of a free dining offer. However, as Robo said, you can't combine the tickets, but you can save unused tickets for a future trip or towards an AP renewal (again, 1 ticket per AP renewal).

That is correct...you don't need to decide on the AP discounted room vs. paying rack rate as an AP holder if you want the paid dining plan either way. You can get the dining plan on any room-only reservation since you have an AP. The one restriction I can think of is that if you need to book more than one room, I think an AP holder needs to be on the reservation for each room...

If you are choosing vs. a Free Dining offer, THEN you need to get a package with tickets and no discount on the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter