1 day planning help—Rise, MMRR & Remmy

glvsav37

DIS Veteran
I'm heading to WDW of a conference this weekend. I land Friday at 9:30 am, only carry-on bags. I figure I can get to the hotel (uber), drop bags and I can be in the park by 11/11:30. Not staying at a WDW Resort, its one by Disney Springs.

I'll have a 1-day hopper and figure on doing Studios and then Epcot. My goal is to do Rise, MM Railway, and then Remmy over at Epcot later in the day.

I've never used Genie+, boarding passes or any of the paid attraction LL access.
It'll be just me, so I'll def pony up the $$ for G+ and LL Access if it helps

Any tips on how to accomplish this? I'll pay for the in-flight wifi if I have to in order to log on to G+ at a certain time in order to try and grab LL, boarding pass or whatever.

Any help is appreciated, it will be my only chance to be in the parks this weekend. I could do standby for any of them, but I'm also trying to maximize my park time if I can for other things.

Edit to add: I've never used the paid LL access, and for this I'm assuming I'll need to. If i'm lucky enough to grab a Rise LL access, can I pick my time? I won't be there until 11ish, so grabbing one but getting it too early won't do me much good. How much control do we have over the time slots?

Last edited:
I'd suggest getting the ILL$ for Rise as soon as you can, someone else will probably have a better idea what time you can do that. You can only book two of them a day, so you could do Rise and MMRR that way and try for a boarding group for Remy at 1pm. MMRR times are not that terrible, it could be 40 minute wait without paying, but of course since you won't be there at park opening, or in HS at closing, that could be a good choice to pay for. You may be able to wait and see on that though, I imagine it doesn't sell out fast like Rise. That one, you will want to get asap (I think 7 AM because you are at a partner hotel... but someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

(I think 7 AM because you are at a partner hotel... but someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

TY....as for this, I'm staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista in Disney Springs, I don't think that qualified for that perk, but I'm open to anyone that knows better.

Is there someone you could give your MDE login info to who would be willing to purchase your ILL for Rise at 7am EST? So long as you already have Genie purchased, I think this would work. They would need to have the app downloaded and be logged in as you. Then you don't need to deal with often crappy airplane wifi. And you don't risk Rise selling out.

You should be ok to purchase MMRR or Remy when you land. I'd buy Remy - you have to be in EPCOT to get the 1pm BG and that may not work out. But since you can only get 2, that means you have to standby MMRR. That line gets to an hour in the afternoon.

Let's say you get to HS at noon - depending on the times you got, you could ride Rise and MMRR, maybe do a few standby rides and see a show. If you hop over to EPCOT around dinner time, you could ride Remy, probably ride whatever you want in Future World and watch the fireworks. Sounds like a great day!!

Is there someone you could give your MDE login info to who would be willing to purchase your ILL for Rise at 7am EST? So long as you already have Genie purchased, I think this would work. They would need to have the app downloaded and be logged in as you. Then you don't need to deal with often crappy airplane wifi. And you don't risk Rise selling out.

You should be ok to purchase MMRR or Remy when you land. I'd buy Remy - you have to be in EPCOT to get the 1pm BG and that may not work out. But since you can only get 2, that means you have to standby MMRR. That line gets to an hour in the afternoon.

Let's say you get to HS at noon - depending on the times you got, you could ride Rise and MMRR, maybe do a few standby rides and see a show. If you hop over to EPCOT around dinner time, you could ride Remy, probably ride whatever you want in Future World and watch the fireworks. Sounds like a great day!!

thanks. I am meeting a friend who will be there already, If we are friends (linked on the app) he can buy Rise for both of us right? And then I'll get him a Blue Milk afterward.

Yes, that sounds like the day plan I had in mind, just wasn't sure what the best order or process would be with the whole new setup.

However, IDK if the hotel I'm at qualifies for the 7 am booking? Trying to find that out

thanks. I am meeting a friend who will be there already, If we are friends (linked on the app) he can buy Rise for both of us right? And then I'll get him a Blue Milk afterward.

Yes, that sounds like the day plan I had in mind, just wasn't sure what the best order or process would be with the whole new setup.

However, IDK if the hotel I'm at qualifies for the 7 am booking? Trying to find that out
Yes, if you are linked, he can buy it for you. I'd have him do that.

The Hilton does not qualify for purchasing Individual Lightning Lane Selections at 7:00.

"When to Select Attractions
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
  • Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.
  • All Other Guests: These Guests can make their first purchase when the park opens."
The above quote comes from this webpage: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/#drawer-card-drawerRecommenderPlus

You cannot purchase Rise, MMRR and Remy in the same day, at least not normally. Of the three, I'd say MMRR is the one to ride standby. It has a shorter wait than Rise, and Remy does not have a standby option. Getting a boarding group for Remy might be very difficult (if not impossible) if you're not entering Epcot until late afternoon or later.

You say you're going to buy Genie+, but haven't said which Genie+ attractions you plan to use it on. If your only priorities are Rise, MMRR and Remy, you won't need Genie+. On the other hand, it may be very useful if you plan to also ride SDD, MFSR, ToT, RnR, TSMM at DHS and/or TT at Epcot, and useful for others.

Last edited:

The Hilton does not qualify for purchasing Individual Lightning Lane Selections at 7:00.

"When to Select Attractions
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
  • Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.
  • All Other Guests: These Guests can make their first purchase when the park opens."
The above quote comes from this webpage: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/#drawer-card-drawerRecommenderPlus

You cannot purchase Rise, MMRR and Remy in the same day, at least not normally. Of the three, I'd say MMRR is the one to ride standby. It has a shorter wait than Rise, and Remy does not have a standby option. Getting a boarding group for Remy might be very difficult (if not impossible) if you're not entering Epcot until late afternoon or later.

You say you're going to buy Genie+, but haven't said which Genie+ attractions you plan to use it on. If your only priorities are Rise, MMRR and Remy, you won't need Genie+. On the other hand, it may be very useful if you plan to also ride SDD, MFSR, ToT, RnR, TSMM at DHS and/or TT at Epcot, and useful for others.

thanks. Yes, I'm still trying to figure out the whole Genie/Genie+ thing. I may buy It just to try it, it's only 1 day and only me.

My #1 list is Rise, MMRR and Remmy. Anything after that is "If I do, I do" I don't need to ride much else. I'd like to get a ride on SSE, Soarin, and maybe RR or TT, but none of them are"have to's". I'm there more for those new rides, the ambiance (missing It after 2 plus years since last trip) and Harmonious and the lights on SSE.

Good to know about remmy not having standby...that could be a huge challenge. In that case, as someone mentioned above, (if it works out) can I purchase LL for Rise and Remmy? Only 2 rides, but in different parks?

Do I need to be in Epcot to buy the Remmy LL or try for the boarding group?

thanks. Yes, I'm still trying to figure out the whole Genie/Genie+ thing. I may buy It just to try it, it's only 1 day and only me.

My #1 list is Rise, MMRR and Remmy. Anything after that is "If I do, I do" I don't need to ride much else. I'd like to get a ride on SSE, Soarin, and maybe RR or TT, but none of them are"have to's". I'm there more for those new rides, the ambiance (missing It after 2 plus years since last trip) and Harmonious and the lights on SSE.

Good to know about remmy not having standby...that could be a huge challenge. In that case, as someone mentioned above, (if it works out) can I purchase LL for Rise and Remmy? Only 2 rides, but in different parks?

Do I need to be in Epcot to buy the Remmy LL or try for the boarding group?
Buying Individual Lightning Lane Selection (ILL$) passes for both Rise and Remy is allowed. It doesn't matter that they are in different parks as long as you have a ticket or annual pass that allows you to park hop that day. You can only buy an ILL$ for the ride at the park that you do not have a park pass reservation for (in this case, Remy at Epcot) for a time after 2:00. You do not have to wait until you've entered Epcot to buy your ILL$ for Remy. You can do it any time after the park has opened, even if you're still on your airplane flight. (If staying onsite, you can do anytime after 7:00, but you're not staying onsite.) You do have to have entered Epcot to try for the 1:00 boarding group for Remy. Obviously, that's a problem if you're starting your day at DHS and can't park hop until after 2:00. IF there are still boarding groups available when you enter Epcot, you can then try to get one. However, that's a big IF, especially if you're not entering Epcot until late afternoon or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter