• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 day away from my cruise and the weather isn't looking good

aggiegirl1234

Mouseketeer
A day ago, the forecast for Nassau on Monday was sunny. This evening it changed to scattered showers, and now it's saying there is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms :worried:

We've booked the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion for Monday, so what happens now? Will they cancel if there are actually thunderstorms? If it is raining, would the excursion still be worthwhile (I'm already anticipating possibly chilly water, but rainy and chilly doesn't sound like too much fun)? If I did want to cancel, wouldn't I have to do so two days in advance? Anyone else been in this boat before? :confused3

It says 'showers/clear'. That's better than "partly cloudy" or "showers/cloudy". Maybe it means it will drizzle in the morning and will clear up. Don't stress! If they shut down everytime there were showers...well, I don't know much about that. Just have a great cruise and focus on the CLEAR! ;)

Here's some pizzie dust for ya! pixiedust:

Don't sweat it - if the weather is bad enough they will cancel. On our Nassau day the forcast the morning of was for showers / clouds - it ended up being sunny and 75.

On that cruise they did end up canceling many of the Castaway activities due to rough seas though...

Don't worry about what might happen. As above, if the weather is too bad, they will cancel and refund the excursion and add more on board activities. But there is a very reasonable chance that the weather will be fine!

Even if it says 50% chance of storms...that's a 50% chance of no storms, and even better if you consider that the storms could last 1 hour and that not be a port hour!

They will cancel for storms but even if the weather is just cool and rainy I read that the pools are heated so you can still have a great day. Just be prepared with warm clothing and rain gear when you are out of the pool. Kids love to play in the rain!;)

Here's some pizzie dust for ya! pixiedust:

Thank you, that's sweet :goodvibes

On our Nassau day the forcast the morning of was for showers / clouds - it ended up being sunny and 75.

I'm hoping this will be the case for us too!

Even if it says 50% chance of storms...that's a 50% chance of no storms, and even better if you consider that the storms could last 1 hour and that not be a port hour!

So true, I really need to calm down :rotfl:

They will cancel for storms but even if the weather is just cool and rainy I read that the pools are heated so you can still have a great day.

I didn't know that the pools were heated, that makes me feel better!

Thanks everybody!

I'm doing B2B cruises strting tomorrow on the Dream. I wouldn't worry about weather as it changes fast.
This is my 25th DCL and we've missed Castaway Cay 4 times because of weather and we mostly cruise during hurricane season so we have a good track record.
Don't worry about the rain youre going to get wet anyways.

Scott

I'm doing B2B cruises strting tomorrow on the Dream. I wouldn't worry about weather as it changes fast.
This is my 25th DCL and we've missed Castaway Cay 4 times because of weather and we mostly cruise during hurricane season so we have a good track record.
Don't worry about the rain youre going to get wet anyways.

Scott

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope y'all have a great cruise (I'll be on the same one :yay:)!

The day I did the Aquaventure it rained like crazy. And it was awesome because there were only like 15 people in the river. Everyone else got out, I didn't understand, cause we were wet anyway! I just floated around in the rain, thinking of how lucky I was to be in a Caribbean rainstorm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter