• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Hi Steph, I love the calendar and special "day/night" ideas behind the numbers. I absolutely love love love the tinkerbell dress. It is absolutely adorable. Lillian is so cute. Her and her new friend look like they could be sisters.

As far as viewing spots go, we have not yet found a favorite spot. I can tell you where we didnt like to sit. For spectro we got there 2hrs early and sat right outside of casey's. It got so packed and was so hot we really didnt enjoy it as much. Everyone was getting very pushy and kids where kicking us in the backs. Our butts and legs fell asleep from sitting so long on the curb. I wanted the experience of being on main street but in the end I think somewhere else would have been just fine. Otherwise for the other parades and fireworks we just grabbed spots close to where we had ADR's.

I cant believe your trip is so close. Really enjoy the next month and a half of the anticipation. I think thats what I miss most about our disney vacation. It is so much fun to prepare and have the trip to look forward too. Almost as fun as the trip itself.

Hey Lindsay! Thank you!! I cannot believe how quickly the summer has flown by. We will be on our way in a month and four days!! (Well, we will be well on our way on the first leg of the trip at this time on September 9th.) :goodvibes

I think we are going to try to sit outside of the HoP for the parade--at least one of them. Fireworks, I want to try a couple spots if we are able to get to see HalloWishes and Wishes. Probably once in FL and the other, I am not sure. Perhaps the train station? :confused3

I have had to take reprise from planning, school just got too crazy at the end for me to get here on DIS. I am happy to have some time so I can get back to the excitement! :yay:

I LOVE the dress and the shirts are just too cute (if we go to the party, we aren't dressing up either...I think we are just going to get pirate hats or something).

Of course you have to wear hats!! :rotfl: It will be cute for sure. I just think it is going to be way too hot to want to dress up but perhaps we will be surprised. I love the shirts--I think they are super cute.

to answer your question...

for MK we have only caught the afternoon parade once and that was just by chance...we just found a spot for the twins then 6 to sit on MS in front of a garbage can....:laughing:

but generally I always scope out a spot for Spectro at least 45 minutes ahead and we like to sit in between Liberty Square and Frontierland. Wishes we don't have a fav spot yet...but if I know we want to view the whole show I alwasy want to be in eye shot of Tink coming down...so trying to squeeze in near the hub/MS....

EP for illumination...have not found the perfect spot yet either :confused:

AK for the afternoon parade anywhere is a good spot I believe...

and DHS for their afternoon parade...you want to find a spot semi shading but near a stopping point to see the action

Thank you Julie!! :goodvibes Illuminations is the one I am struggling with the most. I think we might try FL for fireworks, at least one of the times. I am thinking for Main Street Electrical Parade trying in front of HoP.

Vera Bradley got you! :rotfl: :woohoo: I have 2 bags and a wallet!

The dress you made for Lilian is adorable. The countdown came out cute too.

Lets see, parade and fireworks viewing spots. I usually watch the parades in MK in Frontierland, near Pecos Bills. That way when it's over, I can go straight back to two of my favorite rides (Splash and BTMRR) or take the back way over to Tomorrowland since everyone else in that area is waiting for the parade. I always watch the fireworks from the hub area.

Epcot...meh. I'm not crazy about Illuminations and I'm never in AK long enough to see that parade. As for DHS, I saw the Block Party Bash and just found a place near the entrance. I wasn't a big fan of that either!

The VB messenger bag is great! Big enough for my laptop and a few other things, but not nearly as big as my backpack, which is super nice. :goodvibes

Thanks for the feedback on viewing locations!!

45 days! That sounds really soon! I love the countdown calendar, it looks great!

That dress for Lilian looks so cute! I always ooh and ahh over those fabrics, but if I wanted to make one for DD I would have to hem it and cut all the cute stuff off the bottom. Oh well, soon enough.

Cute VB bag! I haven't even ventured over to look at them online. I'm not brave enough to risk temptation.

Really funny that you didn't have any pictures with both of their eyes open. That's rough.

Can't wait to hear about all your fun activities!

Hey Christa! I guess that is what you get when trying to get two four year olds to cooperate at the same time. :rotfl: I will have to do some photoshop magic here when I have time the next few weeks.

It has been fun so far!! We are down to 35 days!!! :eek:

Hi Stephanie!

Your countdown calendar sounds fun and Lilian looks to be enjoying it. :thumbsup2

I LOVE the Tink dress; another great job girl! :banana:

Your shirts are really cute. I'm trying to decide what we are going to do for MNSSHP. I'm thinking Alice In Wonderland....Joe Mad Hatter, Me, Red Queen of Hearts, Lindsey Cheshire Cat or White Queen, Josie as Alice. I'm also considering Toys Story as well. Joe and the girls like the Alice idea best. :goodvibes

As for viewing spots:

MK - afternoon parade we usually sit in the shade right in front of the Emporium. We get there a little early though and expect some last minute crowding. For Spectro we like Liberty Square area on the wall across from the Liberty Tree Tavern. For Wishes, I like the hub so pretty to see the fireworks right over the castle. I have watched them from the bridge to Tomorrowland and it was really neat to watch Tink fly over us. I saw the Summer Nightastic fireworks two weeks ago near Space Mountain...that was really different...not crowded and it seemed like we were surrounded by fireworks-no view of them over the castle though. ;)

AK - Again, there is a nice stone wall (across from the Island Merchantile (where Lilo and Stitch are) that is perfect for adults to sit on while the children sit comfortably in front of you on the ground or in a stroller. I like to watch comfortably....:laughing:

EPCOT - dont' really have a favorite place but do know that you don't want to be near France's bridge...got hit in the face by firework shrapnel in May. :sad2:

DHS - don't like the block party bash but there are plenty of benches along the parade route...maybe scope one of those out. We used to sit on one for the Stars and Motor Cars parade (which was awesome and I wish they would bring it back!!)

So there are my preferences....but there are still plenty of places for me to check out still.

Thank you Leanne!! I remember reading about getting hit with fireworks debris. I will definitely have to avoid France, but I wonder if it depends on the wind?

Hooray for 45 days!!! :cool1: I love Lillian's dress and your countdown calendar reminds me of the one we made last year. We didn't pull down Mickey heads, we actually added them on each day! I still have it down in my basement because I just couldn't bear to throw it away.

Yea for a VB bag!!! :banana: Welcome to the Vera club. :goodvibes It is definately an obsession. We went to a local amusement park today and I almost brough my VB backpack with me, but the hipster won out. I just didn't need that much space for stuff.

Thanks Meghan!!

:mickeyjumDisney....NEXT MONTH!!!:mickeyjum
Cute countdown calendar! I like the idea of adding treats behind the Mickey heads!

Lilian's Tink dress is so cute! You did a great job!!:lovestruc I love the pic with her tongue out! That's so Lilian!;)

The pumpkin tees for MNSSHP are really cute!

Nice VB bag, like you needed a new bag!!! :rotfl:

Hey, we all have our obsessions!! Mine happens to be bags. :rotfl:

Thanks Wendy!!

Wow, I cannot believe how quickly this summer is flying by. There are some of you with children back in school or heading back shortly!! Classes have ended for the summer, I get a whole two weeks (well, really one week so I can start prepping for classes the week before) off before I begin my fall classes.

My countdown says we have 35 days left to go!! Holy smokes!! :lmao: I plan on doing a countdown here on DIS with you all starting on Day 30—stay tuned for it. I hope to finish up the rest of my projects over the next couple weeks. It will be a tall order, but I think I can do it. :thumbsup2

So, I will be back soon with more updates! Thanks for hanging in with me during this down period. I am working on our daily cards, which I would love to get feedback on once I am finished.

I leave you with another question (you know me, I LOVE :love: questions):
I have asked what one thing you would not miss in each park. This next question should be much simpler: what one thing are you not sad if you skip (crowds and lines do not count ;))?

35 days?!? How exciting!!! :cool1:

Let's see, what would I NOT miss if we skipped it? Hmmm... that's a hard one. I'm going to just concentrate on MK since that's the only place we're going this trip (I swear I'm going to get Aaron to let me make a week long trip sometime soon!). I can really only think of one off the top of my head... Stitch's Great Escape. I've never been on it but I haven't really heard of anyone liking it so I'm not too concerned about making time for it! Maybe one day, just to say I tried it, but probably not this trip.

35 days??? Wow! Time is flying!

Skipped/missed ride that I'm not sad about? Definitely agree with the above poster, Stitch's Great Escape. I went on it once, never again! I'm also not a fan of Mission Space or Honey I Shrunk the Audience so I won't lose sleep if I miss out on those either!

Congrats on 35 Days!!! Looking forward to seeing your 30 Day Countdown too!

Summer sure is flying by here too! Really can't believe it is August already - kids to back to school 2 days after we get back from Disney! Cut it a little close but oh well, that's just the way it worked out!

Congrats also on finishing up your summer classes! Too bad you only have a week or so break - hope you enjoy it though!

Karen

Yay! 35 days! Holy cow!!:scared1:

Rides I wouldn't miss if skipped:
MK: Stitch-lame since it became Stitch!
EP: Honey I Shrunk the Audience-saw it once, never need to see it again!
DHS: American Idol-Hate the show, can't imagine the attraction to be any better!
AK: Conservation Station-The train broke down once and we were stranded there for hours and missed an ADR at Yak & Yeti!:headache:

Yay! 35 days! Holy cow!!:scared1:

Rides I wouldn't miss if skipped:
MK: Stitch-lame since it became Stitch!
EP: Honey I Shrunk the Audience-saw it once, never need to see it again!
DHS: American Idol-Hate the show, can't imagine the attraction to be any better!AK: Conservation Station-The train broke down once and we were stranded there for hours and missed an ADR at Yak & Yeti!:headache:

:thumbsup2 Agreed!

Yikes! I may have to avoid that train! I would be freaking out.

35 days????? :yay: That's almost just a month!

Let's see---What things am I not sad about missing at Disney?

MK---Stitch's Escape, Astro Orbiters, Hall of Presidents

EP---Universe of Energy, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

DHS---Lights!Motors!Action!, Backlot Tour

AK---Conservation Station ( I haven't been over there since 2001!) ;)

Well, I've only had that short day a long time ago so I'm practically a first timer which makes your questions difficult for me sometimes. Not this time though- one thing I will NEVER do and will NOT be sad about is Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I have a serious rodent phobia and the thought of it freaks me out. :scared1:

Great updates! You are getting close. Love all the organization tools. I agree with Leanne on the parade watching spots since I use hers :):rotfl2::rolleyes1 As for if I missed it it would not ruin my day
Never seen Stitch-don't want to
ditto with Honey I shrunk and Bugs
Ellen's Universe-unless I am napping-parts scared the girls

I will say we enjoyed the Conservation Station Saw Pocahantus and the cool vet area.

35 days?!? How exciting!!! :cool1:

Let's see, what would I NOT miss if we skipped it? Hmmm... that's a hard one. I'm going to just concentrate on MK since that's the only place we're going this trip (I swear I'm going to get Aaron to let me make a week long trip sometime soon!). I can really only think of one off the top of my head... Stitch's Great Escape. I've never been on it but I haven't really heard of anyone liking it so I'm not too concerned about making time for it! Maybe one day, just to say I tried it, but probably not this trip.

It is so amazing how quickly this trip is coming up!! It does not seem that we have been talking and planning about it for this long already.

Stitch is a definite no for us too! Well, if others want to go on it fine, but Lilian and I will not be. We will go do something else. :thumbsup2

35 days??? Wow! Time is flying!

Skipped/missed ride that I'm not sad about? Definitely agree with the above poster, Stitch's Great Escape. I went on it once, never again! I'm also not a fan of Mission Space or Honey I Shrunk the Audience so I won't lose sleep if I miss out on those either!

I know!! Your trip is coming up very quickly as well!!

Stitch is a definite no for myself and Lilian. I don't want to traumatize her!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter