1 boy, 1 girl, 1 bear take on the world- PTR june 2013

DuffyLover

Earning My Ears
So, with only 4 days to go before we depart to the place 'where dreams come true' I decided to write up a PTR. This is the first time I've planned a disney trip, and honestly, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. My planning began in February, and since then, my view on disney and all it has to offer has changed, massively. With lots of help from dis boards and other disney experts, my perfect disney trip is almost here. In this PTR I hope to take you guys through all the highs lows confusions and excitements of my disney planning...

First things first, lets introduce the cast...
We're just a small cast, only me and my DFi. Oh and not forgetting, my adorable Duffy bear.

So first up there's me, Siobhan, aka DuffyLover. I've been to the world once and DLR once, but I just can't get enough of all things Disney.
Then, there's the DFi, Matthew, aka Hercules (his favourite disney character), he's been to WDW once, and also shares my passion for Disney.
And last but not least, my Duffy bear. I love all things Duffy, and I'm pretty sure most of my spending money will go on exclusive disney parks costumes, and I obviously we'll have to take him to meet Mickey.

So there ya have it, that's the cast, now lets take a trip way back to February 2013, where my Disney world dreams became reality... At first we were planning a quick break to Disneyland Paris, in the hope that it would give me a cheap disney fix to tide me over until we could afford another trip to wdw. However, it seemed that it might be affordable for us to visit the world if we postponed the trip for a few months and saved up. At first, I threw a tantrum shouting 'BUT I WANT TO GO TO DISNEY NOWW!!'. But sure enough Hercules talked me round and we were soon planning our first trip to the world, as a couple, how romantic <3
BOOKING THE ACCOMMODATION Although I've been to Orlando twice, I've never stayed on the property, so I wasn't really aware of what Disney Resorts had to offer. I will admit, I sort of plunged into the booking process a little quick. As we were on a budget, I picked mainly based on price, and ended up with the best value out of the moderates CORONADO SPRINGS. In hindsight my quick decision making seems to have paid off. After reviewing all the resorts in depth after my booking, my favourite was definitely Coronado springs, at least it was my favourite in our price range. When we booked they were offering free dining with the 14 day park tickets (which we were going to buy anyway) which worked out great and saved us a lot of money. Although only a QSDP, it was perfectly suited to our Disney style: cram as much into the days as we can, and eat when we have time. Obviously, we plan on indulging in a few sit down meals, but were looking to spend more time on rides in the parks and watching shows etc.

TRAVEL So with Park tickets,Hotel, and dining crossed of the checklist, it was time to look at the bit I wasn't looking forward to, booking the flights. Being from Manchester, UK, the flights are one of the most costly parts of the trip. However with some helpful googling, we really managed to get the best price on our flights.
TIP: for anyone thinking of flying to Disneyworld, book your flights only 8 weeks in advance and you'll get the best deals. This is advice we got easily off sites like Expedia and trip advisor, and it was really accurate. Sure enough, when that 8 week mark came around, the price dropped by around £100 each, and I've checked since we booked and before, and have never seen a better price that the one we got.

PACKING So with almost everything ticked off, I've been waiting till now to do the last minute preparations. I'm pretty sure I have everything I need, but if anyone knows any random things that might come in handy please leave a post, all advice is welcome. My suitcase is packed and the passports and our Disney travel documents are waiting on the desk, all ready to go. Duffy's in his best travelling gear and now it's just a waiting game, which is probably why I've found so much spare time for DISboards today.

Thanks for reading. Check back in in about 3 weeks when ill be posting all the wonderful adventures we had on our perfect disney trip SEEYAREALSOON hahuh.

Also, I'm new to dis, and this is my first PTR, so if its a little brief, I apologise, I'm still learning the ropes :D

I'm in! I absolutely insist you take a photo of Duffy riding through the X-ray machine at the airport. It'll be his first ride!

Can't wait to hear some more when you're back (not that I'm wishing the time away of course!) :goodvibes DFi and I went to Orlando October last year and stayed at CSR and we loved it! It was lovely and romantic, and not too OTT Disney, but in a good way, if that makes sense! :thumbsup2

Steffi x

I'm in! I absolutely insist you take a photo of Duffy riding through the X-ray machine at the airport. It'll be his first ride!

HaHa, I'll make sure I do that :) most of the Trip report when I get back will be pictures of Duffy, so lots of cuteness to come :D

Can't wait to hear some more when you're back (not that I'm wishing the time away of course!) :goodvibes DFi and I went to Orlando October last year and stayed at CSR and we loved it! It was lovely and romantic, and not too OTT Disney, but in a good way, if that makes sense! :thumbsup2

Steffi x

Awh good, was hoping this would be the case. Looking at the pictures it looks like it has a more grown up disney kinda vibe, but still with all the fun :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter