1 big trip in 2016 or 2 smaller (2015 & 2016)?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
DH and I want to take our boys back to WDW. We took them to WDW in 2013 and DLR in 2014. If we go to WDW, it is more expensive in terms of airfare from Colorado (Florida vs Cali). I was pricing our trip to see what we need to save. Back in 2013 we went with my parents and my brother, so we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at SSR. It was lovely there, and having the kitchen was wonderful. We saved a lot of money by eating in our room for breakfasts and some lunches here and there. It also helped because I have a lot of food allergies and am afraid to eat at the parks. So, we had originally planned on getting a 1 bd villa for just the 4 of us (DH, me, DS 8, DS 5). We were also thinking about doing a couple days at Universal at Harry P. While pricing what that would cost, I noticed the prices at the values. We could possibly do 2 vacations if we go with the values instead of 1 with the villa and cut Universal. I am worried about the double beds in the values since I am a big woman and my DH is tall. But also, we might be able to do a mod with the sale going on now. Would you rather have 1 big vacation where you stay at a nicer room, for a longer vacation, or do 2 smaller vacations at a lesser resort without as many extras? For me, it is such a hard decision. I am not the most patient woman, and don't want to wait until 2016. Grrrr. This is a hard decision. Thanks!

We would much rather be able to take two smaller holidays then wait another year to take a "bigger" holiday
Would pick POR for Resort ( kids love it ) Base Tickets ( extra $200 saved for "next time" ) Leave out Universal ( kids will enjoy it more when a tad older )
As a side note, we travel with family members that have Allergies and Special Diets, Disney is Wonderful at accommodating them, never a problem, always yummy options available and help from the chefs when asked for :)

DH and I want to take our boys back to WDW. We took them to WDW in 2013 and DLR in 2014. If we go to WDW, it is more expensive in terms of airfare from Colorado (Florida vs Cali). I was pricing our trip to see what we need to save. Back in 2013 we went with my parents and my brother, so we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at SSR. It was lovely there, and having the kitchen was wonderful. We saved a lot of money by eating in our room for breakfasts and some lunches here and there. It also helped because I have a lot of food allergies and am afraid to eat at the parks. So, we had originally planned on getting a 1 bd villa for just the 4 of us (DH, me, DS 8, DS 5). We were also thinking about doing a couple days at Universal at Harry P. While pricing what that would cost, I noticed the prices at the values. We could possibly do 2 vacations if we go with the values instead of 1 with the villa and cut Universal. I am worried about the double beds in the values since I am a big woman and my DH is tall. But also, we might be able to do a mod with the sale going on now. Would you rather have 1 big vacation where you stay at a nicer room, for a longer vacation, or do 2 smaller vacations at a lesser resort without as many extras? For me, it is such a hard decision. I am not the most patient woman, and don't want to wait until 2016. Grrrr. This is a hard decision. Thanks!
You are a good candidate to consider staying off-site. There are many great 2-bedroom condo-style resorts around Disneyworld. You can have your space and kitchen, pay the same as a value -- or less -- and have your 2 trips. Look in the Orlando Hotels and Attractions thread.

I would definitely do 2 vacations. The value resorts aren't bad and give you all the Disney perks of staying on-site (EMH, ME, Disney Transportation, etc). PP does have a great point about staying off site. It would be economical and great for cooking in the room. I guess it all depends on what you and your family prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter