1-bedroom with 2 bathrooms?

ElenaJane

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am looking into renting DVC points for a stay in September. I would like a place with two bathrooms. I am a little confused though as some resorts offer a 1-bedroom with 2 bathrooms, but others only have 1-bathroom. And even more confusing...at the AKL, it seems that 1-bedroom in Jambo house only have 1 bathroom, but in Kidani there are 2 bathrooms in a 1-bedroom. So confusing! Is it possible to rent to Studios and have them be connecting? I don't really need the kitchen.

Any DVC wisdom is appreciated!

AKV Kidani and BLT 1 bedrooms only have 2 bathrooms.

No connecting studios except at the Poly.

The only resort with connecting studios is the Poly. it's a request, and not guaranteed. When renting, the rentals may be through two separate owners, making it more challenging.

The only resort with connecting studios is the Poly. it's a request, and not guaranteed. When renting, the rentals may be through two separate owners, making it more challenging.
It is too bad Poly doesn't offer 1-bedrooms! I don't think I would want to risk being separated if it can't be guaranteed!

It is too bad Poly doesn't offer 1-bedrooms! I don't think I would want to risk being separated if it can't be guaranteed!

I can't think of a single report yet where it hasn't been granted though even if it's not guaranteed. All but 2 rooms at Poly connect to another room so they do have a lot of flexibility to be able to fill that request.

AKV and BLT started a change from the previously used Villa layout for BCV, BWV, VWL and SSR. OKW only has 1 bathroom in a 1BR but it was a different layout than the other four I list.

Well that certainly narrows it down! Thank you! I wonder why just those two places....

Actually, in the timeshare industry it is exceedingly rare for a 1 bdrm villa to have 2 bathrooms (or a 2 bdrm to have 3 bathrooms). The main exceptions I know of are former hotel properties that were repurposed into TS villas.

The good news is that all of DVC's villas 1 bdrm and larger have compartmented bathrooms with separated areas for toilet/shower and tub. I think this helps a lot.

I can't think of a single report yet where it hasn't been granted though even if it's not guaranteed. All but 2 rooms at Poly connect to another room so they do have a lot of flexibility to be able to fill that request.

I agree with Kat4Disney. I cannot imagine the Poly not being able to accommodate connecting studios. As Kat says virtually all the studios are connecting. Personally, I would not let the extremely rare chance of not having connecting rooms at the Poly keep me from booking and I'm not a risk taker.

Actually, in the timeshare industry it is exceedingly rare for a 1 bdrm villa to have 2 bathrooms (or a 2 bdrm to have 3 bathrooms). The main exceptions I know of are former hotel properties that were repurposed into TS villas.

The good news is that all of DVC's villas 1 bdrm and larger have compartmented bathrooms with separated areas for toilet/shower and tub. I think this helps a lot.

And 2 sinks in the different areas.

AKV and BLT started a change from the previously used Villa layout for BCV, BWV, VWL and SSR. OKW only has 1 bathroom in a 1BR but it was a different layout than the other four I list.
Where I think the connecting studios could be a challenge is if the studios each came via a different owner -- very possible when renting points. Then you have to get requests through both owners, and have them try to get both reservations noted as traveling together, etc.

It's the rental piece that concerns me. Logistics change renting.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone! You DVC guys are a friendly and helpful bunch. Now if you could just convince my DH to join DVC....:thumbsup2

Where I think the connecting studios could be a challenge is if the studios each came via a different owner -- very possible when renting points. Then you have to get requests through both owners, and have them try to get both reservations noted as traveling together, etc.

Good point (pun intended!), Auroraborealis. Here's how I would handle this:

ElenaJane, once you have both rez numbers, I would of course make sure as Aurora says, to request that both members ask that the reservations be cross-referenced (they will need both rez numbers), and when you get a couple of weeks out, I would call the resort and let them know you have 2 rez's and really need connecting Studios. Get the name of the person you speak with just in case. If you get comments on BOTH rez's stating you have a concurrent rez and make sure that BOTH reservations are in the exact same name, you should be just fine.

You could wind up at the Polynesian with two studios that share a wall, but not a door between them. That would be a bummer.

As to the difference in Jambo House and Kidani Village. Jambo was retrofitted from existing hotel rooms into DVC studios and villas. Kidani was a new build from the ground up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter