• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Bedroom OKW

Karen2952

Earning My Ears
I have a chance to get a 1 bedroom OKW in Jan. But there are 3 adults and 1 child who is 11 years old. I am worried about the sleeping arrangements. I really would prefer a 2 bedroom.
Thanks

I have a chance to get a 1 bedroom OKW in Jan. But there are 3 adults and 1 child who is 11 years old. I am worried about the sleeping arrangements. I really would prefer a 2 bedroom.

There is one king and one pullout, there is enough room on the floor for something to sleep one, but there is only one bathroom.

For us, if its just me, DW, and DD, one bedroom, anything more, two bedroom for sure. For your group, I would definitely go with the two bedroom...maybe you can invite a friend for the kid.

We had 4 adults in a BCV 1BR last year, and the one bathroom worked fine. We just took turns showering, and no one styaed in the bathroom for 3 hours rpimping...but none of us sre the primping kind.

I'd say f the kid is related to one of the adults and they wouldn't mind sharing the pullout couch(ie-mother and daughter)then a 1BR would be fine for your group...maybe not perfectly ideal but certainly workable, especially if you're getting a good deal on it.

Worst case scenario, the kid sleeps in a sleeping bag or a blow up mattress on the floor. OKW is the best DVC proerty for that scenario, as the common room(livingroom/kitchen are)has the most floor spac, so there'd be the least likelihood of the kid getting stepped on during the night.

Thanks for the great advice I think the 2 bedroom would be better I am shooting for Jan 10 to Jan 17

I have to agree the 2 bedroom might be better for your party, but I did want to point out that the 1 bedrooms at OKW have very nice bathroom set up... There are two sinks at OKw in the 1 bedrooms.. One in the actual 'bathroom' and another in the other part of the bathroom where the Jacuzzi is.. It does make it slightly easier to get ready as you can have one in the shower, and another 'primping' at the other sink. But I do have agree with 3 adults it would definately be easier in a 2 bedroom.

The one bedrooms are quite spacious at OKW. The master bedroom has a king size bed and there is a queen pull-out sleeper sofa, just in case you aren't familiar with how large the one bedroom accommodations are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter