1 Bedroom at BWV

Kristmay

Mouseketeer
Is a 1 bedroom at BWV worth $85 more a night than a standard room at BWI? I have a chance to upgrade, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra cost. It's for me and my boyfriend, and we don't plan on being commando in the parks, so we will be spending some time in the room for an afternoon break.

What are your priorities?

The 1BR will have a full kitchen and a Washer-Dryer, but will have only one real bed.

We don't plan on cooking in the room, and the idea of having a washer/dryer sounds wonderful! I'm fine with only 1 bed, since it will be just me an my boyfriend.

We don't plan on cooking in the room, and the idea of having a washer/dryer sounds wonderful! I'm fine with only 1 bed, since it will be just me an my boyfriend.
I would go with the 1BR if you can afford it. It's so nice to have the full fridge for snacks, drinks, leftovers and (especially) ICE!...Even if you don't intend on cooking. Plus 2 rooms work so much better if one of you wants an afternoon nap and the other wants to catch up on the computer or watch TV. And I always use the washer and dryer - I don't like having a pile of dirty clothes to wash when I get back from vacation...

I probably would analyze your budget and think about what you might want to alternatively spend the $85 on per night, it really becomes more with tax versus getting a 1 BR for two people. Perhaps you might choose to spend the $85 per night plus tax toward food or say adding on special ticket events, etc, perhaps shopping purchases, etc. Having a 1BR is nice certainly with washer/dryer, but if you are not planning on even cooking breakfast, for two people you can certainly be comfortable in a regular resort room or studio. When my DH and I travel without our sons, we for example, prefer to stay in a studio and save the points. We feel for the two of us a studio is more than adequate room. ENJOY your trip!:goodvibes::yes::

The $85/night does include tax, but you're right, and that's what I've been leaning towards - keeping the standard room at the BWI. Besides the washer/dryer, we really wouldn't be taking advantage of the other amenities in the 1 bedroom, and we certainly don't need the extra space. I think I'd be happier putting that money towards the Star Wars dessert party and some adult beverages.

The $85/night does include tax, but you're right, and that's what I've been leaning towards - keeping the standard room at the BWI. Besides the washer/dryer, we really wouldn't be taking advantage of the other amenities in the 1 bedroom, and we certainly don't need the extra space. I think I'd be happier putting that money towards the Star Wars dessert party and some adult beverages.
I really like staying in a villa but we just can't justify the extra cost when it is just the two of us. A regular resort room is fine for us. :)

If you are not prone to cooking, you can easily do laundry at the resort for under $85/night if you need to.

I'd stick with a regular room.

I would totally go with the one bedroom! I would love to have the living room to relax, and the washer/dryer.

If one wakes earlier and wants to make coffee, it would be nice to do that.

Last time I stayed at the BWI in a regular room, it was just me and my daughter. It really didn't overwhelm me, and I've stayed there and the BWV many times. I would have preferred the villa! I get up a couple hours before her, and it was chilly to have my coffee on the balcony, so sipping coffee in the bathroom - not worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter