1 BDRM Snobs here

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
Okay here we are have the OKW studio booked for our trip to Disney in April and after talking about it today with my DD(on the way to school) & DH , I was on the phone with MS today to upgrade to a 1bdrm.

My DD was stunned that she wasn't going to have a living room???? So I figured while using the points, might as well waitlist for the Boardwalk too.

Too Funny, when we bought DVC we were thinking we would never use that many points on anything bigger than a studio. Why would we there's just the 3 of us & DD's friend...:eek:

Here's hoping,
Lisa

I can relate, Lisa.

My DH took a new job in January, so we won't be getting vacation until next year.

I've tried to book all the 3-day weekends I can - but limited myself to studios, due to the point-expense.

It's just killing me to not have that living room.

... And it's just the two of us.... :)

I have stayed in a studio only once at OKW when I brought my dad and his wife on a week long trip. Since then I have stayed only in 1 bedrooms. I bought points at VWL specifically for this purpose so I would ALWAYS have a 1 bedroom!! Even if it's just me on a solo trip. I love the soaking tub, the kitchen, the living room, etc. . . :tongue:

SimbaCub

1 BR? After staying in a two bedroom last year, I don't know if I can go back to a 1 BR. LOL. Actually, I have booked my first ever studio for me and the wife for our anniversary at SSR this Sept.

I hope I can survive roughing it.:teeth:

We've always stayed in studios. This May trip, however, we booked the 1 bdrm since we are now 4 instead of 3. I am so looking forward to that big tub and the washing machine! Babies should come with warning labels- do not travel without washing machine access.

We are also only three in the family, but we stayed in a 1BR in December and we're hooked! Having two TVs was great, the jacuzzi tub was so relaxing, and the washer and dryer came in very handy...no dirty clothes to take home!

Our first DVC stay is this May (Member Homecoming at SSR! w00t!) and we deliberately picked a studio, because we know that, once we go 1BR, we'll never go back!

We are going to BWV in October (our anniversary and the food and wine festival) and we booked a 1br for the 2 of us. My wife likes the tub and we both enjoy the extra room..We have a 2 br booked at HH in April (our son wants a friend to come along). I wonder we will ever go back to 1br’s after that

This is too funny, as DH and I were just talking about this very subject!

Our two boys are starting to get too old to be sleeping in the sofa bed together in the 1Bdrm, so we were calculating what the difference is in point cost between the 1bed and 2bedrm.

Don't know if we will ever go back to a studio!

Since we have no "children" at home (Empty Nesters), using points for anything more than a studio never crossed our mind before we bought. BUT on our 3rd trip, we tried a 1 BR for a few nights (Why, Oh Why-didn't we know what would happen?) and now, sure enough, even with only 2 of us, we'll never go back to a studio. And sheryl0521, when our 2 DS's came with us last year, we had a 2 BR, and couldn't imagine anything smaller.

We have a teen and usually take another guest teen with us, which makes four. We think the 2 bedroom is a must. Not only for the extra sleeping capacity convenience, but for the washer and dryer. Sometimes the teens need to be in separate rooms, so one sleeps in the extra bedroom and one on the sleeper sofa in the living room. I don't know how easily we could return to a studio, but hope to return to a one bedroom once it is just the two of us. We like having the king size bed rather than the queen in the studio because we are tall...plus I love packing so little because we can wash and rewear our favorites!

2BR here also. Spring Break is 40 points for a 2BR or 30 for a 1BR. For 10 points you get 2 more queen beds (another room), another bathroom, TV and Bar area. We often invite friends or family since its such a good deal.

One would think that it was wasteful to get a one-bedroom for just a solo vacation. Wrong ! I did two loads of laundry, and I enjoyed that hot tub every night to soak my weary body. I used rented points because I'm not a DVC owner.

OK........Now I'm spoiled !

LOL! We stayed in a studio our 2nd DVC stay when it was just the two of us. NEVER AGAIN! We missed the whirlpool and washer/dryer TOO much! We now usually book a 2 bedroom and just assume we will find someone to go with. Often it is just one or two other people, so we usually have 3 or 4 in a 2 bedroom, but we love the extra space.

You'll love being able to turn your lights off at a different time than the kids' lights go off! It makes for a lovely evening when the two groups are separated by a wall, even if the kids are young enough that you keep the door open.

Count me in! Even when it's just my mom and I we get a 1 bedroom. We did an "extra" trip for MNSSHP last October, stayed at CBR, my mom pouted, she didn't like the "1 room" setup.

LOL -- we get so spoiled don't we?! :teeth:

We're staying in a 1bdrm too - surprise surprise (except on the weekend anyway).

Well, you know how it all starts -- with the old stand by warning "once you stay at DVC you won't want to go back to just a regular room". Same goes for each larger unit -- once you stay in a 1bdrm you won't want to go back to a studio. ;) Boy was it hard to go down to anything smaller after staying in the GV!!:eek: But we survived it -- can't wait to do that again though LOL:hyper: :tongue:

We have yet to stay in anything but a 2br or Beach Cottage.... we have never traveled with more than four people total.
This April we will also be in a 2br, and a BC with four people.

Our first ressie for a 1br is scheduled for October '04, when it will be just my wife and me. We actually contemplated a 2br for that, as having a second bathroom is a gem. :cool:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter