1 adult and 2 children.. How??

2forMe

DIS Veteran
So I am contemplating going to the world... but have never gone with just me and the kids. I am just trying to think of how to get us on the rides together. I am pooh sized, my ds (5) is 40 inches and tiny and dd (7) is 52 inches and average sized. Last time we were there dd loved Big Thunder mountain, Test track etc.. ds was too small to ride.. but this time ds is tall enough!!!! But how can we all ride together? Which rides fit 3 people at a time.. if they do not how to I get us all to ride.. dd would be very disappointed not to go on her favorite rides.. but I do not think she is old enough to ride alone or 2 have the both of them ride together and me alone.. suggestions?

So I am contemplating going to the world... but have never gone with just me and the kids. I am just trying to think of how to get us on the rides together. I am pooh sized, my ds (5) is 40 inches and tiny and dd (7) is 52 inches and average sized. Last time we were there dd loved Big Thunder mountain, Test track etc.. ds was too small to ride.. but this time ds is tall enough!!!! But how can we all ride together? Which rides fit 3 people at a time.. if they do not how to I get us all to ride.. dd would be very disappointed not to go on her favorite rides.. but I do not think she is old enough to ride alone or 2 have the both of them ride together and me alone.. suggestions?

I think they could ride in the seats ahead of you & you alone or with someone else in a party of 3. As far as what rides hold how many people, I really should know for the # of times I've been there but I can't think!!! I think you will have a fabulous time-enjoy!!!:goodvibes

Test Track sits 3 across, Big Thunder mtn you could do 2 in one row and 1 in front or behind or all, Splash all 3 across or front and back if it would be more comfortable, Dino 4 across I think, and Everst is 2 and then 1.

Test Track rides 3 people, so you all can ride that together.

For stuff that rides 2-3 people like Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, etc. I would let the kids ride it in one car and then you ride alone in the other OR have your 7 year old ride alone and you ride w/ your 5 year old. You may have to skip the Tomorrowland Speedway.

For most rides your kids could just ride in the car right in front of you, so you would not be separated. And remember there are lots of rides that have 2 seats per car & fit 4 people - Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, Magic Carpets, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White....:thumbsup2

On our last trip I ended up with food poisoning and missed a park day so it was dh and two dds. Two dds rode together and dh rode by himself (or a single rider). They spent the day at DHS, and it was younger dds first time on RnR and TSM (for everyone).

Emily

I used to go with just my kids and I. They were around the same ages as yours. You can fit 3 on:

Magic Kingdom- Haunted Mansion, Buzz Light year, Tea Cups, Pirates of the Caribbean, (might be tight) Splash, Small World, Peter Pan, Pooh and Snow White.

Animal Kingdom- Dinosaur, Safari, Triceratops Spin (not in the same row, but all in one dino car), Kali River Rabbits (that's what my DS calls it)
*If you REALLY want to go on EE you could put both the kids in the row in front of you. That way one of them isn't with a stranger and you can see them when they are exiting the ride.

Hollywood Studios- Great Movie ride, TOT (this was my DS fav when he was 4), Backlot Tour, Star Tours
*Talk to a cast member at Toy Story Mania, they can put you in the car facing the car your kids are in so you can see them. Otherwise you will be back to bak with them and you can't see them.

Epcot- Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space, Livin With the Land, Nemo, Malestrom, Grand Fiesta Tour
*Spaceship Earth has 4 seats to a car, 2 in front 2 in back, but they do not put singles in with your group. I always put the kids in front and me right behind them.

I hope that this helps. Have a GREAT time!

Also remember the single rider. I had a friend go to DW every day while her DH was in conference and she rode single rider line on everything. She said she rode alot with lone kids, where the parent was with one kid and the other sat in front or back of mom or dad. She enjoyed it, without kids of her own she said it was fun to chat with them and be apart of their experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter