• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1/21/12 Western Caribbean Cruise

:banana::banana::banana: getting excited. We will be packing our box to send to the ship this weekend. See everyone there!!

Jan 2012 Magic Western
Nov 2010 Magic Western

:cheer2::cool1::woohoo:

Hello everyone! I just found this thread. I have a DD that is 12 and will be turning 13 on the cruise. I was wondering if anyone else has a DD close to the same age that would be willing to have a meet and greet so she can make a friend up front and have someone to hang with. She can be kind of shy sometimes.:flower3:

Hello everyone! I just found this thread. I have a DD that is 12 and will be turning 13 on the cruise. I was wondering if anyone else has a DD close to the same age that would be willing to have a meet and greet so she can make a friend up front and have someone to hang with. She can be kind of shy sometimes.:flower3:

Welcome & I'm glad you found the facebook group! :cloud9:

I hope everyone is getting really excited. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I know that we are. The packing has begun, clothes to the dry cleaner and shopping list for our arrival in Orlando is taking shape.

I have almost put the final touches on my cruise playlists (I'll post them later if you're interested).

Has everyone decided on excursions and such? Would love to hear your choices.

We arrive in Orlando on Friday the 20th. Have a few "required" visits to make with friends and family. Dinner at Disney's Boardwalk and then off to our music home away from home - JELLYROLLS!!!

Enjoy your Friday.

Happy Friday.

I'm posting here because I don't do facebook. I'm trying to get together our FE gifts. Trying to figure out what we need (who needs a new swim suit, are we taking our fins, etc.) Things like that.

Has everyone decided on excursions and such? Would love to hear your choices.

We're not doing much. Key West - no excursions - we'll just walk around, check out the sites. Grand Caymans - we have reserved a non-disney tour; a priviate boat to enjoy the water. Cozumel - My DH and father are going on Disney's excursion of Tulum Ruins; Us girls are just going to walk about town -do a little shopping. Castaway Cay - just gonna hang out at the beach, no excursion there either.

Anybody else doing any excursions?

OceanLvr - I'd love to see your playlist. I need to start putting some music together myself.

Disclaimer - I have a varied musical taste as you will see...You may also say why are the same artists bunched together? Think "Shuffle"

Anyway, enjoy the list -

Welcome Aboard - Disney
Mexico - James Taylor
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
Summer - War
Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
She's From Boston - Kenny Chesney
Reality - Kenny Chesney
Beer in Mexico - Kenny Chesney
Sentimental Lady - Bob Welch
Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom
Morning Dance - Spyro Gyra
Grand Bar Schemes - Scott Kirby
Welcome Back - John Sebastian
If I Never Knew You - Jon Secada/Shanice
That Girl - Maxi Priest
Summertime, Summertime - Nocera
Smile - Uncle Kracker
Toes - Zac Brown Band
Where The Boat Leaves From - Zac Brown Band
Keep Me In Mind - Zac Brown Band
Rum and Coca-Cola - Andrews Sisters (1944)
One Particular Harbor - Jimmy Buffett
Day-O - Harry Belafonte
Jump In The Line - Harry Belafonte
My Kinda Party - Jason Aldean
Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean
Barefoot Blue Jean Night - Jake Owen
One More Drinkin' Song - Jerrod Niemann
Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
Here Comes The Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
Last Mango In Paris - Jimmy Buffett
Coconut Telegraph - Jimmy Buffett

This is a work in progress - There will be more.

So I tried posting this on the facebook page, but I seem to be having issues, so I'll put it here!!!

So I saw this idea on the Dis where you make a roaming gnome door magnet and it gets passed around during the cruise and gets signed by your fellow cruisers. Hopefully it comes back to your room by the end of the cruise.

I made my own version of it if anyone would like a copy of the file. Let me know!

For excursions, we are doing the Ruins/Discover Mexico tour on Cozumel. We are gonna do parasailing on Castaway Cay, and just explore a bunch.

For Key West, we are just gonna explore for an hour or so and stay mostly on the ship.

Grand Cayman we are gonna take a taxi to a beach and chill out for a few hours, maybe shop.

I just ordered my pins and some shoes on ebay, crossing my fingers they come in time. I got a fantastic deal on some wedge crocs that are very slightly used. They look fancy enough to pass for dress shoes so I don't have to kill my feet! :rotfl:

Beautiful day here in Michigan, 53 degrees. That is very warm for January!

Two weeks from today we will be in Orlando! :) Super excited! :banana:
Hope to go through clothes this weekend to see what fits & what I need to take.

Here's our excursions:
Key West: we will probably take the trolley tour (on our own) then walk around & shop. Have to have Key Lime Pie. ;)
Grand Cayman: Seven Mile Beach Excursion. Shop & back to the boat. :hug:
Cozumel: Beach Break Excursion. Shop & back to the boat. pirate:
Castaway Cay: Husband & Son doing the Bottom Fishing excursion while I lay on the adult beach. :cloud9:

Putting books on my husbands tablet to read on the ship & maybe put music on an ipod.

It's been so warm here too - we're not escaping much! LOL

No excursions planned here, just going to explore and relax.

I got a little worried Joel when I didn't see any Jason Aldean until the end...LOL

Couple questions

Anyone know the mornings that the Parrot Cay breakfast is open?

Second We arrive in Orlando on the 20th at 2:30(hopefully). We staying at the Ramada Suites and wanted to know how far Downtown Disney was located? The Ramada is 2 1/2 miles from the airport. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Mbung - glad I didn't disappoint you with Jason Aldean. My DW and I are big country music fans.

As far as your distance to DTD, if you get onto the 528 and head to I-4, DTD is the first Disney exit headed West on I-4. It should take you about 30 minutes with minimal to moderate traffic. Are you driving or taking a taxi? Perhaps he hotel has a shuttle? But it's not far at all.

My Dw and I arrive Friday at 11:30 and are renting a car. We have a few obligatory family and friend visits while we are back in town. We used to live in Clermont which is about 25 minutes northwest of Disney. We miss it and try to get back often. Anyway, we are staying at All-Star Sports precruise and Disney's Grand Floridian postcruise. Headed to Jellyrolls on Friday night, it's our musical home away from home. A great dueling piano bar...Lots of fun located at Disney's Boardwalk Resort.

My DW, DS and I are all country music fans, especially the DW. We called a couple shuttle services and all the prices ranged from $45 to $60 each way to Downtown Disney.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

I have been to Jellyrolls when I was at the Baseball Winter Meetings last Dec. We had a great time.

Disney Magic Nov 2010 Western
Disney Magic Jan 2012 Western

My DW, DS and I are all country music fans, especially the DW. We called a couple shuttle services and all the prices ranged from $45 to $60 each way to Downtown Disney.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

How about a cheap one day rental. I'm guessing your hotel has a shuttle from the airport to their hotel and back and you'll be taking disney to the port, correct? So instead, get the cheapest rental, just for the day and you'll have freedom to do whatever you guys want that Friday night and then return it Saturday morning when you go back to the airport to catch disney's transportation. Just a thought. I'm guessing a rental would be about $30 or so. maybe cheaper if you find a code or sale.

Mbung - I just checked the rates for Hertz a compact car it's about $30 with tax and fees (which in Orlando are high). Also unlimited miles. May be worth checking out as hoosiercruiser pointed out.

Thanks for the heads up on the rental. I had no idea that they were so reasonable in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter