1:20 am Magic Moving

From a few people/contractors in Cadiz that emailed/Tweeted with Scott, they said they were behind schedule in dry dock. Now, I'm sure weather plays a role in top deck/exterior things, but not 100%.

Overall, I don't care what the reason is because Disney is never going to own it and give us full disclosure. With the compensation package we received, that is good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just got off the fantasy- we were told from crew there were major problems on the magic and a lot of broken glass.

Heard from someone on board that there is a lot of work to be done. New marble not completed, lots of floors not done, toilets not working, etc. and they may have to cancel second scheduled cruise out of Miami. Crossing was no picnic, only drink choices were milk or water.

Agreed. How were they going to paint exterior surfaces in driving rain etc...? The speculation on the DIS is crazy, we aren't going to ever know the real reason so let's just be hopeful for those on the first cruise next week.

I agree! Some of this speculation is just ridiculous. Bad weather could totally effect work being done interior and exterior. If I have someone working inside or outside my home and I want the work to be absolutely perfect, I'm certainly not going to "rock the boat" while they are working. Look at the damage that happened during Sandy. just because it may not have been a named storm doesnt mean seas couldnt have been comparable to what they were then. And going out to sea does NOT nessecarily indicate bad news. All it means to us is simply it went out and came back. We all know what it means to make ASSumptions :)

Heard from someone on board that there is a lot of work to be done. New marble not completed, lots of floors not done, toilets not working, etc. and they may have to cancel second scheduled cruise out of Miami.

Sigh......

The Magic came in Friday at PC at Noon and has not left port. Was moved at 1:20 AM Sat to RCCL dock. This about 100 yds. Lights on in 80% of staterooms all night. Crains have been up all night.

I'm thinking with being at PC, shouldn't they be able to have access to tons more workers, both contractors & CMs? They should be able to flood that ship with workers in order to get er done.

Oh, a CM posted pics on Instagram of them drinking alcohol at a party in Fathoms, so add alcohol to their milk & water drink choices.

When I was at Dining with Imagineer in Sept. He told us the dry dock was behind schedule already.

I think it was behind before they started!

Maybe they should go to Home Depot and start recruiting day laborers!

How long does it take to sail to MIA? 17 - 20 hours depending on how many crew use the AD

That's seems inflated. On cruises where they sail away at 5pm from PC, they are at Key West before noon the next day, ~19 hours. There's no way it takes 17 hrs to slip down the coast. It's 176 nautical miles. I'm sure they'd go pretty steadily. I'd say ~ 10 hours.

See all the tractor trailer coming in the front of the picture on warf. They are food truck bring supplies. They would not be loading ship if they did not anticipate using it in the next 10 days.

See all the tractor trailer coming in the front of the picture on warf. They are food truck bring supplies. They would not be loading ship if they did not anticipate using it in the next 10 days.

Don't they need provisions for the crew tho?

...Oh, a CM posted pics on Instagram of them drinking alcohol at a party in Fathoms, so add alcohol to their milk & water drink choices.

So, they aren't allowed to drink alcohol when off duty? CMs work SOOOO hard for us onboard ship. Of course they have their time to relax and party. Good for them. Not sure why this deserves cynical commentary. How would you feel about your customers commenting about everything you do during off hours?

JMO,
Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter