• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1/17/09 Magic anyone???

Just to let you know there is no real buffet for dinner. Topsider's has a sit down casual meal but it is served to you. The only part of it that is buffet is the salad bar.

I have never seen anyone turned away from the dining room and please don't let dress keep you from enjoying the dining room experience. It is wonderful but not stuffy at all. We did the Topsider's dinner once and I did not like it at all. I love having dinner with our server's as they can become quite attached!!!
Now why did I think Topsider's was a buffet? Oh well. Good to know. Thanks.

My DH has funny eating habits and likes to eat late at night (think midnight) so he may be ordering from room service a lot. DD and I like to eat any time at all!!!
Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to go.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Now why did I think Topsider's was a buffet? Oh well. Good to know. Thanks.

My DH has funny eating habits and likes to eat late at night (think midnight) so he may be ordering from room service a lot. DD and I like to eat any time at all!!!
Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to go.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Topsiders is a buffet for breakfast and lunch but not dinner!! Room service is the best!!!

MJ

LAST DAY AT WORK, LAST DAY AT WORK!!! It's going to be tough to concentrate today because I'll only be thinking of getting on that plane tomorrow, but I must get out 1099's or at least have them done, because that's the last thing really that needs to be done (eventhough they're not due until 1/31), but one last thing to think about when I get back!

So, will someone please let me know if they put together a meet and greet? I'm sure I'll be checking the boards on my phone when we're in WDW, but they're so slow. An e-mail would be so much easier. Thanks in advance guys!

georjisue22@yahoo.com

Funny...you just reminded me that I have to get the 1099's out as well before we leave!!!

One more thing to do at work today!!1

MJ

Mmouse - Can I ask you one more question since you are the ultimate cruise veteran?

I know there is an early morning customs call at St. Thomas. What exactly do we do? I know we stay on the ship but what happens and where do we go? Thanks for any advice. My DH was stressing over this until I told him he didn't have to get off the ship. That settled him a little bit but I want to give him more advice. The poor man has never been out of the country and stresses a bit over some things. I figure that the more he knows the better he will be.
Now if he would just read these boards...

Just thought I'd throw these in so if anyone recognizes us on the ship or in the port, please say hello. I'd love to meet all of you since I've had such a great time sharing info with you all. Excuse them for big so big but I don't know how to make them smaller...

111605P8170226-med.JPG

This is me (Christal) and Prince Charming

111605P8170223-med.JPG

Mu hubby and my real Prince Charming (Scott) and Cinderella

111605P8160178.JPG

Our girls Chasity and Ashlyn

Christal - Your family is beautiful. How old are your girls? My DD will be turning 9 on the boat and is always looking for friends.

Christal - Your family is beautiful. How old are your girls? My DD will be turning 9 on the boat and is always looking for friends.

Thank you !! Chasity is 15 and she's been emailing another 15 yr old from the dis boards. :disrocks: They can't wait to meet up on the cruise. Ashlyn is 9 and she loves to meet new friends too. We're going to be celebtating her birthday too. She will turn 10 the day after we get off the ship. We could try to schedule a meet if you want. I feel sure we'll be at the Mickey pool most of the first day.

Thank you !! Chasity is 15 and she's been emailing another 15 yr old from the dis boards. :disrocks: They can't wait to meet up on the cruise. Ashlyn is 9 and she loves to meet new friends too. We're going to be celebtating her birthday too. She will turn 10 the day after we get off the ship. We could try to schedule a meet if you want. I feel sure we'll be at the Mickey pool most of the first day.
We'll be at the Mickey pool too! You will know us because DH has an electric scooter.
We'll look for you around the pool. There is no way I'm getting pictures up before we go. Our computer crashed at home and I have no pictures uploaded on to the new one.

Mmouse - Can I ask you one more question since you are the ultimate cruise veteran?

I know there is an early morning customs call at St. Thomas. What exactly do we do? I know we stay on the ship but what happens and where do we go? Thanks for any advice. My DH was stressing over this until I told him he didn't have to get off the ship. That settled him a little bit but I want to give him more advice. The poor man has never been out of the country and stresses a bit over some things. I figure that the more he knows the better he will be.
Now if he would just read these boards...

Of course...it really is very simple. If I can remember we get a notice in the cabin the night before that will explain everything but, you just go to the Walt Disney Theatre with your ID....passports and/or BC's for everyone in your party (everyone in your group MUST show up, even kids and infants) and the DCL CM's will seat you. They then call rows and you file down the aisle towards the stage and see the Gov official near the stage....it takes all of 2 sec for them to look at you and the I.D.'s and then you are led out of the theatre and you can go about your day. Very painless and kids can certainly go in their PJ's. They usually have pastry and coffee/juice set up outside the theatre. I don't know the exact time but it is early....as I said I think we get a paper in our cabin the night before and it should be listed in the daily Navigator as well.

When we did the Eastern this past Oct we never made it to St. Thomas because of Hurricane Omar so it has been several years since I had to get up for St. Thomas but I expect the routine is the same.

MJ

We'll be at the Mickey pool too! You will know us because DH has an electric scooter.
We'll look for you around the pool. There is no way I'm getting pictures up before we go. Our computer crashed at home and I have no pictures uploaded on to the new one.

Great !! :banana: We'll see you there. I'm so excited !!! Only a few more days. :woohoo:

Hi all...I haven't read any posts in umteen weeks...but I thought I'd say this is my least prepared cruise. :) I haven't packed, I haven't planned, and I have made reservations for anything (except hotels). Here's hoping the tux still fits! We're driving down after work on Thursday, overnighting in south NC then off to Orlando Friday AM. We'll spend the night in WDW on Friday and drive to the port on Saturday AM.

Looks like it will be cool on Saturday (low 60s). It always warms right up once we over the gulf stream. Can't wait!

Hi all...I haven't read any posts in umteen weeks...but I thought I'd say this is my least prepared cruise. :) I haven't packed, I haven't planned, and I have made reservations for anything (except hotels). Here's hoping the tux still fits! We're driving down after work on Thursday, overnighting in south NC then off to Orlando Friday AM. We'll spend the night in WDW on Friday and drive to the port on Saturday AM.

Looks like it will be cool on Saturday (low 60s). It always warms right up once we over the gulf stream. Can't wait!

Were you on the Maiden Voyage of the Magic as well......I seem to remember you possibly were.....but my memory is foggy lately!!!

MJ

January 17th - Forecast for Port Canaveral = Scattered Showers, 64 degrees
January 20th - Forecast for St. Maarten = Partly Cloudy, 80 degrees
January 21st - Forecast for St. Thomas = Showers, 83 degrees

Not sure how I feel about this forecast so far lol.

Well, the weather for St. Maarten/St. Thomas doesn't change much. Over the last month this is how it has looked pretty much every day.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that things warm up at the port and at Castaway Cay!

Jim

Excuse me (as a male) for jumping in on matters of dress, but IMHO, good looking jeans on a good looking person of any size or persuasion are never something to regret, and always welcome. :banana:

My DW and I are approaching this from a very particular direction: to us, this is an opportunity to dress up and show off. We both view clothes as costumes, like Pirate Night, but every night. I wear a lot of suits for my work, but will be dressing for fun rather than to impress. If we can have a laugh, or give one to someone else, that's the point! :lmao: I mean, let's face it, folks, the WAIT STAFF will all be dressed better than we are!

Let's have some FUN!!!! :laughing:

See you REAL SOON!!

Richard

Richard - thanks for that! :hug: I like your approach and appreciate the sentiment! I even reconsidered, but then thought that pirate night would be a good night for jeans...I mean my kids will be pirates so they can protect me, right!! pirate: pirate: :lmao:

ONLY 4 more days until we are OUT THE DOOR!!!!

...."I'm too excited to sleep!!" :cloud9:

Yeah, I just assumed that pretty much every day had some showers in the Eastern Carribean, right? 80 and showers are better than 30 and windy any day!! :rotfl:

But I will think twice about the mickey pool on Saturday!! :lmao:

Well, the weather for St. Maarten/St. Thomas doesn't change much. Over the last month this is how it has looked pretty much every day.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that things warm up at the port and at Castaway Cay!

Jim

Warm up?

It's in the 20's here now and will be in the low teens when we leave on Saturday.

Low 60's is shorts weather for me :banana:

Georji....looks like you guys are the first to head out to Florida....have a great time in WDW and hope to meet you on the cruise....safe journeys!!! Hope your flights are ontime tomorrow!!!

MJ

Georji....looks like you guys are the first to head out to Florida....have a great time in WDW and hope to meet you on the cruise....safe journeys!!! Hope your flights are ontime tomorrow!!!

MJ

Seriously MJ, I feel like I'm on crack (not that I'd actually know what that felt like, I can only imagine this is how it feels) ... I have everything packed, most the suitcases are in the car, and I'm freaking READY! YAY!! The weather when we're in the park doesn't sound like it will be awesome, but I'm assuming there's no snow on the ground so I'm certainly not complaining! I wore flip flops through the snow today (a girl has to show off her pedicure), so I'm assuming our time in the parks won't be like that! :banana:

My favorite line of the day was from my son (who couldn't sleep last night because he was so excited and was very tired and cranky this morning) ... he was having a hard time getting his shoes on and frustrated because he left his snow boots at school on Friday so he just throws up his hands and says "I just wish this freaking day was OVER" I helped him with his shoes and said "son, we all wish this day was over"! I love that boy!

Anyone else ready to go?? I'm sure none of you are excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter