1/14/07 Wonder Anyone?

OK all, just signed on so I could let you know about us. I have been lurking these boards for months and thought it was time I joined you all. We will be cruising on the Jan 14th cruise also. We have two rooms and our party consists of my DH, myself, DS 24, DD 22 and her fiance 28. We are going to stay at the Contempory for 2 nights before. We will be leaving our home on the West Coast of Florida that Friday after everyone gets off. We figured that staying at the Contempory would put us 1 1/2 hour closer :) :rotfl: We are very excited as this is our first DISNEY cruise. Have gone on two others. We are in rooms 7602 and 7600. Hope to put faces with names. Oh yes, we did get our Palo ressies too.

BarbP said:
OK all, just signed on so I could let you know about us. I have been lurking these boards for months and thought it was time I joined you all. We will be cruising on the Jan 14th cruise also. We have two rooms and our party consists of my DH, myself, DS 24, DD 22 and her fiance 28. We are going to stay at the Contempory for 2 nights before. We will be leaving our home on the West Coast of Florida that Friday after everyone gets off. We figured that staying at the Contempory would put us 1 1/2 hour closer :) :rotfl: We are very excited as this is our first DISNEY cruise. Have gone on two others. We are in rooms 7602 and 7600. Hope to put faces with names. Oh yes, we did get our Palo ressies too.

Barb welcome..
Lot of first time cruisers onboard.. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We have just been chatting away here.. :teeth:
I think since it is a first time cruise for alot of folks you all will be busy!
With All there is to do, I know we will be with 6 in tow!

So just jump in and chat away :thumbsup2

Did you get the Florida Rate? :thumbsup2
Hope so.

Peter :goodvibes

Bella8286 said:
Does anyone else here think they will end up booking another cruise while on board in January?

I'm almost 100% we will book a 7 night but my question is... if we want to do a cruise in say Sept or Oct 2008 is it smarter to book a "fake ressie" then move it once the dates are released? I'd hate to miss the 10% discount and the shipboard credit b/c unfortunately, I don't forsee them putting those dates out before our cruise in January. I think I've read that if you do that, you will still get the discount and shipboard credit applied to your new cruise date when you move it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

No plans to rebook, since we have another in May :teeth:

But if you want to that is fine! Book the last cruise they have in 08
Or any date :teeth:

Hi BarbP, Welcome...
We are first time cruisers so we have a lot to learn, and boy have I learned a lot on these boards. :thumbsup2
We've requested late seating for dining, but prefer 8pm rather than later, so I hope that's what we get. Our travel agent couldn't confirm, but that's what she asked for.
I hope you got the Florida resident discount, it saved us about $300.

Hey!
I'm still here, but just have not had much time or much to say! We are very excited. I have been planning for Christmas and when I have been online I have been doing that lately. It sounds like everyone is well!
Laura

:teeth:
Bella8286 said:
Where has everyone been? :confused3

Welcome Barb! This is our first cruise and we are so excited... especially to be going on a DISNEY cruise! :banana:

We are around, as another work week comes to an end! :sunny:
Oh and It will be my last week of Work, Im getting laid off!
Tomorrow! :teeth: :happytv:
The nature of the Business..Im in !

We work our selves out of a Job every time! :teeth:
Construction is like that!
Winter is coming! :teeth:

Will be ok :goodvibes Cant wait for January!! :teeth:

Peter... sorry to hear about your job. I hope everything works out for you.

We have been so busy this week as well. Not a lot going on this weekend. I'm just planning on lots of R&R. I've been exhausted lately for some reason!

Bella8286 said:
Peter... sorry to hear about your job. I hope everything works out for you.

We have been so busy this week as well. Not a lot going on this weekend. I'm just planning on lots of R&R. I've been exhausted lately for some reason!

Dont Be, it is what it is! :teeth:

I will just have Jenn work a little harder!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

haha I'm sure Jenn will go for it! :rotfl:

I just received in the mail the ornament from Bronner's. Thanks Shelly for the idea. I will be wrapping this up for Taylor and have her open it first. She will be so confused when I tell her this is her BIGGEST gift of all when in reality it is the smallest. :rotfl2:

I also ordered the pillowcases for the kids. I got Taylor one with Belle and Tucker's has a baby Mickey with a pacifier. So cute! This is going to be a surprise as well.

Hi everyone! Welcome BarbP! Peter - sorry about your job but that means more time to spend on the boards, eh? :rotfl:

I just ordered the cutest pirate-themed hoodies for the kids at Disneyshopping.com for them to wear the night of the pirate party on deck. I am sure it will be chilly (it was cold on deck this past January at night!), and they will still be appropriately attired!! I am debating giving them for Christmas or saving them for a gift when we board. In fact, I am thinking of making my own gift "baskets" for the kids and mailing them to the port and I can send the sweatshirts then too.

Laura, I've been consumed with planning and online shopping for Christmas too. I think I'm about done. I usually love this holiday but now I just want to get it over with and go on our CRUISE!!! :cloud9:

Have a great weekend everybody! I'll be around here and there but no real plans. Like Bella, plan to do some R&R :goodvibes

Bella8286 said:
Okay so when I read about your hoodies I remembered I had seen these... would be so cute with them BUT a little pricey!! :bitelip:

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1681L.jpg

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/1069L.jpg
Very cute!! The sweatshirts were actually very reasonable.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...&productId=1198962&langId=-1&categoryId=11843
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp...&productId=1198854&langId=-1&categoryId=11849

pirate:

I'm glad you like the ornament! I was thinking of ordering one for us, too.

Have any of you ladies had a pedicure on the ship? I just booked one for the first night (5:30) -- figured the sailaway party would be done by then and still have plenty of time before our late dinner. I priced it on the ship vs. at the Grand Floridian spa that morning and the ship, much to my surprise, was cheaper!

I REALLY wanted to book the hot stone massages for both of us, but at $175 a pop they are a real budget buster. Do they ever offer discounts to book on port days? Carnival had a special for services on port days this past year and I think saved about $30 on that tx.

Also, does anyone know how much the daily pass to the rainforest room is? Thanks!

3dog2kidmom said:
Have any of you ladies had a pedicure on the ship? I just booked one for the first night (5:30) -- figured the sailaway party would be done by then and still have plenty of time before our late dinner. I priced it on the ship vs. at the Grand Floridian spa that morning and the ship, much to my surprise, was cheaper!

I REALLY wanted to book the hot stone massages for both of us, but at $175 a pop they are a real budget buster. Do they ever offer discounts to book on port days? Carnival had a special for services on port days this past year and I think saved about $30 on that tx.

Also, does anyone know how much the daily pass to the rainforest room is? Thanks!
Jenn, Had one on the ship and for $50.00 bucks she says, get it done before you go!!! :sunny: lot less money!! From MINDY in town ! :teeth:

3dog2kidmom said:

I thought the pedicure on ship was awful and totally agree with get it done ahead of time!! Better pedicure for less money at home. And, you dont spend precious ship time getting it done.

Dh and I did the hot stone massages last time and they were very nice. Not the best we've had, but nice, and definately in our opinions way overpriced :goodvibes . Sometimes on the Magic (dont know about the wonder) they offer specials on port days if all the appointments arent filled. Once on the Magic they had 15% off special for port day treatments. The specials were listed in the Navigator.

Is anyone thinking about going to Atlantis? Possibly booking rooms so the kids can do the slides, etc.? If so, please keep me posted if you find a decent rate. Right now, I cant get better than 309 which is more than I will pay :confused3 We have booked the Atlantis aquarium excursion through DCL as our fallback, but I know the kids would be thrilled if they could do the slides.

No plans for Atlantis here. In fact I don't know if we'll even get off the ship. Maybe just to walk around a little. Since this is our first cruise I want to take advantage of all the fun things to do on the ship.

grlzmom said:
Is anyone thinking about going to Atlantis? Possibly booking rooms so the kids can do the slides, etc.? If so, please keep me posted if you find a decent rate. Right now, I cant get better than 309 which is more than I will pay :confused3 We have booked the Atlantis aquarium excursion through DCL as our fallback, but I know the kids would be thrilled if they could do the slides.

We are Trying to get this done, thought it would be Kewl for the kids..

Watching for specials now nothing Yet.. :teeth:

If some one has room in there Room so to speak
We need to get it done for 6 :teeth:
4 to a room!

Hygiene99 said:
We are Trying to get this done, thought it would be Kewl for the kids..

Watching for specials now nothing Yet.. :teeth:

If some one has room in there Room so to speak
We need to get it done for 6 :teeth:
4 to a room!

This is our scenario. We have nine, but only need two rooms because the twins are still little and Atlantis policy is four to a room but will accomodate five if one is four years old or less (I called them on this to make sure). So we would fit neatly into two rooms then.

However, my parents are interested (ONLY if it includes the aquarium) and there are two of them, so of course they would be willing to share room/cost if there are two others in the same scenario. Do you know if the aquarium is included with the wrist bands?

So, keep us in mind, as we may be able to work something out :thumbsup2

I really dont want to do it though, unless we can get around 200 a night.

grlzmom said:
This is our scenario. We have nine, but only need two rooms because the twins are still little and Atlantis policy is four to a room but will accomodate five if one is four years old or less (I called them on this to make sure). So we would fit neatly into two rooms then.

However, my parents are interested (ONLY if it includes the aquarium) and there are two of them, so of course they would be willing to share room/cost if there are two others in the same scenario. Do you know if the aquarium is included with the wrist bands?

So, keep us in mind, as we may be able to work something out :thumbsup2

I really dont want to do it though, unless we can get around 200 a night.
Not positive, but will find out! My First thought is Yes!
And get back to ya!
Jenn and I Got in for Free Dont ask me how we just did!
Wondered in and before we knew it We had gained access to the Area With out even knowing !! :lmao:
We did walk thru the aquarium Tunnels Also !
But since it was our first time and we had no idea where we were going , not sure
Sometimes I feel like Evan Baxter :lmao: :rotfl2: :happytv:

Some photo's here

We dont want to do it unless it is around $168.50 per night ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter