1/10/2013 4 - Night Bahamian Cruise, Miami FL

dlg210 said:
of course all the basics.
extension cords, power outlets, hampers, coloring books, activities for the kids, ds games etc. alarm clocks, night lites, flashlights, first aid kits (im bringing this) bug spray, duct tape, all size ziploc bags, swiss army knife, this list goes on. is this stuff you bring or would consider bringing from you past experience.

No of the above I only bring first aid kits and ziplocs. I bring a couple garbage bags as hampers.

I tell my kids the cruise is a break from the ds which they are always attached to. There is non stop stuff on cruise to do. I don't feel like lugging it. They bring a little homework with them to do on plane.

I bring passports and birth certs but not extra copies. It might be a good idea but I'm not that organized. Lol.

That's what I thought I'm not bringing any electronics. This might sound crazy but can you suggest a hotel. I'm still trying to find one. I know I'm late

Wow ! A week from tomorrow we will be setting sail! We are very excited, and maybe feeling a tiny bit guilty sailing Disney without my kids. Since this is our honeymoon, they were not invited:) we just sailed on the Fantasy last June with our extended family. Hope we get to meet everyone .

Dlg we are staying at the Marriott villas at doral. Some extended family we are going with are staying there the week before our cruise so we are meeting up with them there. We have never stayed there before but they always do and like it.

The only other time I sailed out of Miami we stayed at a Marriott near the port. Can't think of name right now but I will look it up. It was nice and they had a shuttle to port. That was a long time ago though so not sure if they still do.

There are closer and cheaper hotels to the port I am sure. One thing I have read is if you stay too close make sure they have a shuttle cuz otherwise taxi drivers may not want to pick you up since it would be such a short fare. (Yet too far to walk with all your stuff)

I looked up the name of the one we stayed in last time and it was Marriott biscayne bay. I remember we had a high up room facing the water and could see the ships in port which was cool.

That was back in 2005 though so I don't know how it is now or if it is pricey.

thanks discorner, I found one. the courtyard marriott. it looks nice and had nice reviews. we will see. they do no have a shuttle but, we are driving anyway so we will use our car and then park at the port. I'm so excited :)

Sounds cool. My name is Deb, by the way. I created a Facebook group for this cruise but never was able to find out how to post a link to it.

I know I can add people that are my friends to it because I was able to add my husband.

If anyone wants to chat about this cruise you can friend request me and I'll add you into the group. My Facebook is Deb Scibona Corsner

Would one of the DISers on this cruise please post a trip report (even a short one) that shares your experiences with parking (at the port, at one of the secured private lots near the port, or at a hotel) and with the check in process? We would greatly appreciate it, since sailing from Miami will be a new experience for many of us, your “lessons learned” would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Sir goofy- not a problem. We won't be parking a car but will be being dropped off by DH and he will be returning a rental and then meeting up with us.

I will post how that goes as well as the check in process and embarkation.

sir goofy,
we were going to use them first until I saw how much it would cost us for the shuttle. we are a family of 4. I also read some bad reviews. I was on another website not sure if i can mention it here. I'm sorry if I break any rules. its called cruise critic about the Miami port. People were talking about how shady the other parking places were. do some research and see what you think. I decided on the port because the transport to and from the port were just about the same amount as the port. I will definitely let you know my experience. :)

One more day to wait!!!!:woohoo:

Anyone wanting to meet face to face:
We are planning to meet at the Goofy Pool the day we set sail @ 3:30pm port side. Look for Ann Marie and her bride ears :earsboy:

Hi! We are setting sail on the wonder on the 24th and I was wondering if any of you have posted a trip report or have any Navigators to share? If so, we would be very appreciative! I hope you had a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter