• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'09 Dining Plan

joey8544

Earning My Ears
I remember seeing somewhere that the dining plan was changing for 2009. Does anyone know what is going to be different next year?
Thanks!

There will be no table service:scared1: Only 2 counter services pp per day, 2 snacks a day and refillable mug from the resort. The price I think is a $1 less then the plan as it is now.

There was an email from allears.net who did the math and it would cost more to use the DP then to buy it out of pocket.

There will be no table service:scared1: Only 2 counter services pp per day, 2 snacks a day and refillable mug from the resort. The price I think is a $1 less then the plan as it is now.

There was an email from allears.net who did the math and it would cost more to use the DP then to buy it out of pocket.

Sorry but that information is not correct. Next year there are 3 dining plans available.

1) Quick service plan (NEW) - includes 2 quick service meals, 2 snacks per day plus 1 refillable mug per trip - adult = $28.99 child = $8.99

2: Disney Dining Plan - includes 1 TS meal, 1 QS meal and 1 snack - adults - $39.99 child = $10.99

3) Deluxe Disney Dining Plan - includes 3 meals (TS or QS) and 2 snacks per day plus 1 refillable mug - adult = $69.99 child = $19.99

we are going to finally use our points in jan and stay at the beach club villas. we are debating on the meal plan. we like to have a sit down dinner and go out for breakfast. we are not much of the hamburger and run people. i'm looking for some opinions on the meal plan. i searched the topic but there is so much to go through

we are going to finally use our points in jan and stay at the beach club villas. we are debating on the meal plan. we like to have a sit down dinner and go out for breakfast. we are not much of the hamburger and run people. i'm looking for some opinions on the meal plan. i searched the topic but there is so much to go through

I think you would find lots of info in the dining section of this forum, the dining plan actually has its own sub forum

thanks for that info. i have a question about this free dining plan. i have a disney visa and didnt here anything about it. do dvc members qualify for this, since i read you have to pay for ur room. am i missing something?

thanks for that info. i have a question about this free dining plan. i have a disney visa and didnt here anything about it. do dvc members qualify for this, since i read you have to pay for ur room. am i missing something?

Free dining is not available with a DVC points stay. You have to buy a package through CRO.

Does anyone know if all of the dining plan options will be offered to DVC members next year? I haven't seen anything on the member website yet.

Does anyone know if all of the dining plan options will be offered to DVC members next year? I haven't seen anything on the member website yet.

For 2009 there are 3 plans available to DVCers.

The Deluxe Plan

The Standard Plan and

The Quick Service (Counter sservice) plan.

If I understand this, the dining plans are not available to people exchanging into DVC thru II -- is that correct?

Thanks

(Are there other things that are availabe to members, that are not available to exchangers?)

If I understand this, the dining plans are not available to people exchanging into DVC thru II -- is that correct?

Thanks

(Are there other things that are availabe to members, that are not available to exchangers?)

II traders will have their choice of the 3 plans. Everyone in the room must be on the same plan for the entire length of the reservation. When you receive your II confirmations, there should be a contact number for DVC Member Services. You'll need to call them to link the plan into your reservation.

II traders do not get free internet, pool hopping or Discounted Annual Passes. They also do not receive DVC member dining/shopping discounts or free valet parking at the DVC resorts that offer it.

They will receive the normal onsite perks that all WDW guests receive: bus transportation, Magical Express (airport shuttle), room charging, resort delivery of park purchases, free theme park parking, etc.

Please note that the dining plan allotments are not per day. They are per NIGHT of your resort stay.

Two guests staying four nights on the regular dining plan receive upon checkin 8 TS, 8 CS and 8 snack credits to use over the length of the stay. There are a few TS restaurants where a meal will cost 2 credits per person (known as "signature" restaurants).

The regular and deluxe plans do not include gratuities for table service meals. A table service meal for age 10 and over on the regular plan consists of one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. On the deluxe plan it consists of one appetizer, one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. (Breakfast doesn't include appetizers or dessert but will include an extra beverage.) Full menu is available on both plans for buffets and all-you-can-eat fixed menu meals. Children 3-9 must order off the children's menu.

The only real changes for 2009 are: the addition of the counter-service only plan, and a slight increase in the prices for the regular and deluxe plans. No other changes.

We have bought the basic dining plan for the last 3 years. This is how we use our credits.

We use our counter service for breakfast usually at the resort. Our snack credit for a snack at lunch and our table service is used at dinner time. We usually eat the dinner around 4 or 5 so that we have time to digest that meal before bed. It also gives us time to work some of it off too.
We have yet to go hungry with this plan.

Chuck and Nala, and everyone -- thank you so much for this info. We're "old hands" at WDW but this will be our first DVC resort stay, and even tho we use the kitchen a lot and often pack a lunch, this time I'm tempted by the DDP, esp. the new QS version. It seems to apply to our faves for counter service -- not easy to find the list on the WDW site -- I've never understood why their site is so limited and hard to navigate. Thank goodness for DIS!

Quick question, do DVC or people that rent points from a DVC member qualify for free dining if it is offered during their stay?

Quick question, do DVC or people that rent points from a DVC member qualify for free dining if it is offered during their stay?

No. DVC is not a full price rack rate room. That is a requirement for free dining.

Disney Resorts really have no financial interest in whether a DVC resort room is filled with members, or not. The DVC memberships are prepaid. The cash rooms are "new money."

The dining plan is a dollar more. For about $10 less you can get the quick service plan and not have a table service each day. The regular plan is still the best deal.

Sorry but that information is not correct. Next year there are 3 dining plans available.

1) Quick service plan (NEW) - includes 2 quick service meals, 2 snacks per day plus 1 refillable mug per trip - adult = $28.99 child = $8.99

2: Disney Dining Plan - includes 1 TS meal, 1 QS meal and 1 snack - adults - $39.99 child = $10.99

3) Deluxe Disney Dining Plan - includes 3 meals (TS or QS) and 2 snacks per day plus 1 refillable mug - adult = $69.99 child = $19.99

Just wanted to correct pricing information for above as the 2009 Deluxe Plan has gone up to: $71.99/adult and $20.99/child.

Happy eating, Tiger :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter