09/29/2005 SEPTEMBER 29th I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!

Just thougth I would share a little tidbit...

I had been thinking our ship wouldnt be too full.... but I went to check for a cabin for a friend (who we are thinking about bringing with us, to help with the kids) and there are only Cat 4-6 availible! No inside... No Ocean view... just verandas! Of course this is via the Disney site.

I wonder if this is good news for those who booked Cat 9-12... posible upgrades..

Shoot... we would love to bring a freind but not for 1400 for 1 person to have a Catagory 6

I started making door signs last night. I thought, even if the kids dont help (since the trip is a surprise) it would be helpful in locating our cabin! LOL

I have been trying for three days to post a picture of Greg as a pirate on here. How did you post one? :confused3

Just booked yesterday -- our 4th Disney Cruise!!

It will be just me and DD10. Husband is spending a "guys weekend" with friend with cancer. :-(

Hope too meet you all there. Let me know if I can answer any questions since I've cruised DCL before.

One big piece of advice - if you aren't dining at Palo's ask your server in one of your restaurants to bring you the Chocolate Souffle from Palo's for dessert. It's to die for.

Kathy and Rachel

Grandma D said:
I have been trying for three days to post a picture of Greg as a pirate on here. How did you post one? :confused3

You have to upload the photo to a hotlink site (shutterfly, imagestation, places like that) then right click on the photo to get it properties... copy and paste them into the image window in the reply box and presto!

Or you could just link us to the picture and we can click on it

driver said:
Just booked yesterday -- our 4th Disney Cruise!!

It will be just me and DD10. Husband is spending a "guys weekend" with friend with cancer. :-(

Hope too meet you all there. Let me know if I can answer any questions since I've cruised DCL before.

Kathy and Rachel
Welcome aboard! The more the merrier!

Sorry to read about your DH's friend... good thoughts headed his way.

The only question I have is.......... will the boy (my 2yo) go into flounders without a fight?? I would apreciate a responce to that questions ASAP! Thank you!

My daughter was too old for Flounders all the times we have cruised but it looked really cute when we peeked in.

Our daughter never wanted to leave the kids clubs when we cruised. The cast members are so great with the kids so I would imagine that your 2 year old will have a good time too. Just keep talking about how much fun he will have in Flounders to ease the separation. Maybe someone can give you an idea of the activities in Flounders.

If your 2 year old is potty trained and close to 3 years old perhaps he can move up to the older age group.

Welcome Driver. I am sure my DS ( will turn 10 right before we sail) will see your DD in the kids club! It is nice to hear that there will be somemore from the DIS on the cruise!

Here is my newest rambling post:

We have already registered for our excursions (and spa for me). We are doing the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure and the Banana Boat Ride at Castaway Cay.

We are on deck 6 (our favorite deck) and we unfortunately have second seating. Since food is available 24/7 we'll just eat a late lunch to hold us over until dinner. We aren't too bummed - we'll manage especially since I don't have to cook it or clean up afterwards.

No Palo's this time but look at my post above about the not-to-be-missed Chocolate Souffle. Last cruise I had it every night for dessert - it's that good!!!

We printed out the most recent Navigators, menus, etc. from **********************. Also on www.allearsnet.com there is a great DCL cruise guide that was just updated. Lots of tips in that too.

If you don't know about this website there is a wealth of information here. These folks have cruised DCL over 40 times.

PrincessH: Based on the Navigators for the 10-year-olds' group my DD has decided to go to Aloft on Friday morning (we refuse to do Nassau again except to run in and grab a few bottles of coconut rum), the Animation Cell Making session and the Flubber session. On Castaway Cay day the only thing she is planning to do is the Celebrate the Journey. She may try the Nautical Mystery Challenge if it isn't "too lame" (her words).

Everyone - Please make sure your kids/grandkids/relatives/friends participate in the Celebrate the Journey on Castaway Cay day. It's a really quick show the kids participate in on stage in the bid theatre where all the live shows are shown and all the kids get a free t-shirt (FINALLY SOMETHING FOR FREE!!!!) :-) It's also a great photo opportunity and it will bring a tear to your eye.

If you talk with your host(ess) at the start of the cruise they will make really cute towel animals for you while you are out of your room. I always tip just a little extra. They don't service your room once a day. They are constantly in there. We always laughed because even if we were gone an hour they had tidied up while we were gone. On one cruise our host even saw us walking around while we in port in St. Maarten and hung out with us for a while. He had some time off that day.

That's all for now.

5 weeks from today we will be sailing the ocean blue!! :cool1:

I gotta say... the whole stateroom attendant thing.... Not sure if it is for us. I dont like anyone mucking with my stuff.... I dont like leaving something somewhere, and come back and it is somewhere else... dont like it... nope not one bit.

We dont even get housekeeping at hotels...

I know a lot of people gush over the room stewards... but I am not sold on it yet.

The thing that gets me.... even if we dont use them, we are expected to tip them....

Your host(ess) will introduce themselves as soon as they see you so you can let them know your concerns, etc. They don't mess too much with your stuff they just make sure you have enough towels, toiletries, ice, etc. They do turndown service with chocolates and a little note and the towel animals, etc. I'm sure they would be ok with you not wanting this much service.

Hey everyone... On another thread I posted there are a couple of more DISers going on the cruise.... I invited them over here, so we will see what happens.

AND someone on the Sept. 17th cruise GOT their DOCS!!! That's when ya know it is getting close. I booked Via dreams unlimited so I dont expect our docs until right before we cruise (since DCL sends the docs to everyone, including TA's, at the same time, then the TA's have to send it to us) But still I cant contain my giddiness!! LOL

Just edited the first post to reflex everyone who has signed up on this thread.

:-)

Well, add me, too! I will be there with my wide and two daughters, 5 and 3. I am in the midst of overplanning... :banana:

Bender said:
I will be there with my wide and two daughters, 5 and 3. :banana:

Awesome! I will update the list a bit later! Welcome!!

I would also like to standardise the list.... and add cabin and dining info, if you all want to share!

Woo hoo We are up to 8 familes!!! I "wonder" if we can make it to 12 before cruising!!

Count the Smith's IN!!! :wave: Jim, Leann & Kristen DD5 We are on deck 7. This will be our 1st Cruise Ever!! :cool1: I am sooooo excited!! Looking forward to a wonderful time!!!!! (Did I mention that I'm excited???)

mrsavee8r said:
Count the Smith's IN!!! :wave: Jim, Leann & Kristen DD5 We are on deck 7. This will be our 1st Cruise Ever!! :cool1: I am sooooo excited!! Looking forward to a wonderful time!!!!! (Did I mention that I'm excited???)

WELCOME!!!! WOO HOOOOO!!!

THis is our first cruise too... and I am sooo excited about it. This is a surprise for our kids... they have no clue! Part of me is starting to break down... and I want to tell them.... but then again I dont! The hardest part will be packing without them noticing. My 6yo is a smart and sneaky girl herself and it is hard to pull one over on. lol

Welcome the Smith and the Bender family! This is our first cruise as well! I can not wait only 33 days!!!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Laurabearz--Don't tell!!! You can do it!! LOL :flower: My 5yo is already asking when we are going. I may have to start marking off days on the calender.

Edited to add:
Princessh---I believe you said that you will be celebrating your 10th Wedding Anniversary?. We will be celebrating our 11th on Saturday (Oct 1st) of the cruise.

mrsavee8r said:
Princessh---I believe you said that you will be celebrating your 10th Wedding Anniversary?. We will be celebrating our 11th on Saturday (Oct 1st) of the cruise.

We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary the day we set sail! Congrats on your 11th! Are you doing anything special for your anniversary while on board? I am having a massage, and we will be putting the kids in the kids club and flounders the night of our anniversary. We will also be requesting a cake that night at dinner as well. I don't think we will be doing palo. Since there is limited space in Flounders, we really don't have the time. Tim, DH, also wants to experience each of the different restaurants. We have the historic city tour booked for Nassau. I am not sure if we want to do this or not. I just want to look around the straw market and get back to enjoy the ship. We have the glass bottom boat tour at Castaway cay, but I am not sure if Jacob,2, will enjoy or not. That's pretty much it. I just want to relax and enjoy! I can not wait! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Oh Cindy (aka Oscar) How is that sweet new grandbaby of yours? I was thinking about your DD they day she was induced. I hope all went smoothly.

Post an update when you can!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter