09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for so many questions! I know I have to get through on the 2nd first! But I am keeping positive.:thumbsup2

We usually fly in the day before. Leaving out of O’Hare one never knows what could happen and I don’t want to miss the cruise. Last couple of times we stayed at the Hyatt airport. Don’t want to do that this time to expensive. Is there some place else any one would suggest.

WDWLVR Thanks for the info on the weather.

Thanks
Flo
:surfweb:

Sorry for so many questions! I know I have to get through on the 2nd first! But I am keeping positive.:thumbsup2

We usually fly in the day before. Leaving out of O’Hare one never knows what could happen and I don’t want to miss the cruise. Last couple of times we stayed at the Hyatt airport. Don’t want to do that this time to expensive. Is there some place else any one would suggest.

WDWLVR Thanks for the info on the weather.

Thanks
Flo

No such thing as too many questions especially if you are new to this. That's what this thread is all about. Getting to know each other and getting any questions answered.

We are in the Chicago area as well but we've taken to driving down for the Member Cruises as it helps getting the gifts home :)

As for the night before - for the first member cruise we got in a day early and stayed at the port at the Radisson.

For the '05 cruise DVC announced a bon voyage party the night before so we stayed at WDW. They haven't had that since but we've taken to doing two DIS meets now. One on board the ship and another the day before for anyone staying at WDW. We usually have it at the Beach Club so that is where we stayed last year before the cruise. We had a nice turn out but some prefer to head over to the port area. There are lots of hotels at the port area. We've stayed at the Hampton Inn the last two times we've stayed there. Nice ocean view rooms, a short walk (via private walk) to the beach and breakfast is included.

Hope this helps.

If anyone has any questions ask away!

WDWLVR:

Do you park at the port? What is the cost? We have never done that. I was reading what you said to my Dh and he goes see we should drive. It would cost about the same to fly!

flo

Current parking fees at Port Canaveral:
$15/day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length
$8/half day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length
$26/day for vehicles over 20 feet
The total fee for the time the vehicle will be parked is due on entry. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Traveler’s Checks issued in U.S. dollars.

Looking at things I don't think we will be able to make the member cruise this year - at least on dial in day.

If it came to later maybe we could be put on a waiting list but I am thinking 2009 we will have to pass :(

WDWLVR:

Do you park at the port? What is the cost? We have never done that. I was reading what you said to my Dh and he goes see we should drive. It would cost about the same to fly!

flo

Yep we park at the port. As JaxFlBear says it is $15 a day. WE drive for a number of reasons. The gifts is one but we also enjoy a good road trip and we have family in TN that we visit on the way home.

If you do decide to drive look into going via I-57. It is a slightly longer route but we find it a lot nicer than going down I-65.

Another thing to consider is that some of the hotels in the port area offer packages that let you keep your car with them. I know the Radisson is one.

Current parking fees at Port Canaveral:
$15/day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length
$8/half day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length
$26/day for vehicles over 20 feet
The total fee for the time the vehicle will be parked is due on entry. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard and Traveler’s Checks issued in U.S. dollars.

What we do is pull up to the luggage drop off and I get out. The porter will take our luggage and I top them. Then DH drives over to the parking lot and pays then parks the car. We meet up and head into to terminal. Nice and easy.

Looking at things I don't think we will be able to make the member cruise this year - at least on dial in day.

If it came to later maybe we could be put on a waiting list but I am thinking 2009 we will have to pass :(

Sorry to hear that Mandy but totally understand. If things change by all means get on the waitlist. I've known a number of people who have gotten on the waitlist and were able to get on.

Does anyone know what the single supplement will be? I am considering doing this cruise but it will probably just be me.

Does anyone know what the single supplement will be? I am considering doing this cruise but it will probably just be me.

Sorry no I don't. I think your best bet would be to call Member Services before booking day to find out for sure. I think it is something like 1.75% of the per person double occupancy rate but I could be wrong.

WDWLVR: Thanks for the tip on driving. I will also take are garmin with us. I love that thing.;) I also looked into renting a car. I think if we drive that is what we will do. With the air fare the way it is I think we will drive. I don't want to put the miles on my car or my DH's car. I also forgot that if we drive there will be no restrictions on bringing bottles or snow globes. Also, like you said the gifts. :)
I remember this years thred and there were plenty of them.

flo

36347ssmc2009G.gif

Good morning everyone!
The 2009 Member Cruise sails in 46 weeks!

36347dial1.jpg

Call in day is one week from today -
get your dialing fingers ready!

For the past number of cruises I've done a weekly countdown to sailing day. Hope you like it and it helps the excitement build as we get closer and closer!

36347ssmc2009G.gif

Good morning everyone!

36347dial1.jpg

For the past number of cruises I've done a weekly countdown to sailing day. Hope you like it and it helps the excitement build as we get closer and closer!

I love it!:thumbsup2 I am getting so excited!:woohoo: :yay: I have printed out the decks and have the phone number all ready to start to dile net week. :) I am even going to set my alarm. Just in case by some chance i decide to sleep. ;)

flo

Everyone remember that next weekend we change the clocks back. So we actually get an extra hour of sleep before calling in.

What Category is everyone going to try for?

We're trying for a Cat 7 - it is our favorite!

Everyone remember that next weekend we change the clocks back. So we actually get an extra hour of sleep before calling in.

What Category is everyone going to try for?

We're trying for a Cat 7 - it is our favorite!

This is so funny!:rotfl: I just said to my DH don't we have to change are clock back.:)

We would like a Cat 6. I have to have a veranda. I just loveto sit on it. I don't sleep much. But I would take any one of them. if at Cat 6 is not available. :)

flo

I looked at the Radisson's web site and they have for 139.00 for the night beofre and you could leave your car there. I did not think this was a bad deal.

flo

Sorry no I don't. I think your best bet would be to call Member Services before booking day to find out for sure. I think it is something like 1.75% of the per person double occupancy rate but I could be wrong.

Well you were right. I just called MS and the single person cost is about 1.7x the base cost. Hmmm, maybe I should offer to pay for one of my sisters since I would be paying almost the cost for 2 people anyways.

Well you were right. I just called MS and the single person cost is about 1.7x the base cost. Hmmm, maybe I should offer to pay for one of my sisters since I would be paying almost the cost for 2 people anyways.

Your sister would be one lucky person.:) I agree you at least get something for the money you are spending.:)

flo

36347ssmc2009G.gif

Good morning everyone!

36347dial1.jpg

:wave2: Hi Mary
The countdown you did for the last Members Cruise was great.....we loved it and glad you are doing the countdown again. This is getting very exciting.
Take care......Monika:flower3:

36347ssmc2009G.gif

Good morning everyone!

36347dial1.jpg

:thumbsup2 I knew I could expect a count down from you today! I have my DVC Countdown Clock that opens when I start my computer :surfweb: every day. It is great to see the time tick away! :lmao:

We like Category 7 too but were thinking about possibly going with a Category 8 this time since we upgraded to this on the cruise Tom won from DCL/DCL House Party and didn't mind the window. We've got a week to make up our minds though. :rolleyes1

Annmarie

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is? I was on the member website but couldn't find it.

Also, on the DVC member website, they mention that there may be a fee for any changes to the reservation. Does anyone know how much the fee is and when it is invoked?

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is? I was on the member website but couldn't find it.

Also, on the DVC member website, they mention that there may be a fee for any changes to the reservation. Does anyone know how much the fee is and when it is invoked?

I can tell you the fee for a change is 95.00.

flo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter