09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Knew about this one - just hope it's a clear night!!

They will probibly put it up on the jumbo tron. That would be so great.:thumbsup2

Very nice pic of your son. I bet he has grown allot since then.

Finally got through all the posts. Wow.

Sorry for those who have had a rough time with kids, cancer, drugs etc. We are not without some of those in our family too. And it is hard. Which I hate to say is getting harder every day. Lost my father in law in Jan 2008 to lung cancer, and almost a year to the day we found out my brother in law has brain cancer and now, just this week, my mother in law has colon cancer. So, yeah, sorry, I'm bummed. :sad1:

Sue - so glad you found your daughter. I couldn't even begin to imagine your struggles. Bless you.

Congrats to all the winners of the :bride: and pirate:. Wish I could have been around to participate.

Postage on CC you have to buy while there. And let me tell you, they are definitely on Bahamian time. Last time I mailed a postcard from there it took exactly a month to get to my office. So be sure to take some dollars with you to mail anything from CC and then be prepared to wait on the receiving end. :)

Well, I'm glad I got through all the posts tonight. Hope to be able to get on in the morning.

Night.

OMG, Chris, that is a lot to deal with; I hope everyone does well. Thankfully there's so much more they can do now.

Here is one that is supposed to go up when we are on the cruise.

Date: Sept. 15
Mission: STSS Demonstrators Program - Missile Defense Agency
Launch Vehicle: United Launch Alliance Delta II
Launch Site: Cape Canaveral Air Force Station - Launch Complex 17, Pad B
Launch Window: 8 - 9 p.m. EDT
Description: STSS Demonstrators Program is a midcourse tracking technology demonstrator and is part of an evolving ballistic missile defense system. STSS is capable of tracking objects after boost phase and provides trajectory information to other sensors and interceptors. To be launched by NASA for the Missile Defense Agency.

Flo, you are such a font of information. That's so cool. We did see a launch once from WDW. It was pretty amazing.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARSHA! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Flo, you are such a font of information. That's so cool. We did see a launch once from WDW. It was pretty amazing.

Joanne,

That must have been great to see it. I have never. So I sure hope that it does go off so I could see one.

Wanted to share this photo of DS on CC during the SSMC05. We were talking about DVC stuff and the beach balls - here he is with one. It was a great day on the beach - very breezy though because of the passing hurricane!

IMG_0403.jpg

Hope everyone is dreaming happy thoughts about our cruise - I can't wait!! :cool1:

Sue, great picture. Can't wait til we're there :goodvibes .

I have to ask: Has anybody else been looking at the menus for the cruise? I'm already deciding what I'm going to order (always assuming that the choices haven't changed). Yeah, I know, I've got some issues ;) .

We saw one once, too, several years ago. I remember it so well because we had taken down my DB, SIL and their kids, plus DFBB Gail, along with our three boys. We were staying in a grand villa at OKW. We were all set to make the drive out to KSP to see the launch in person. Then, prior to that, one by one, a bunch of of started coming down with a 24-hour bug! By the time it was launch time, the only ones well enough to go were DH, DB and my nephew. I wasn't sick, but I was playing nurse to the sick kiddies. They got to see it pretty close up, and we watched it from the balconies of our room! It was really fantastic to see!

Oh my heck! How are you guys! Wish you were cruising on the member cruise with us. Do you have any more cruise plans in the future?

Hi guys! Wish you were cruising with us. So close and yet so far away. I still remember the night we had dinner with you and Jim Lewis in the private room at Palo.

We are using our points for the WBTA instead of the Member Cruise. It was a tough choice but how can I say "no" to a 14 DCL vacation?

It's weird not to be doing the Member cruise. Those vacations have been some of the best, mostly because of the people that we have met :)

Sue, great picture. Can't wait til we're there :goodvibes .

I have to ask: Has anybody else been looking at the menus for the cruise? I'm already deciding what I'm going to order (always assuming that the choices haven't changed). Yeah, I know, I've got some issues ;) .

Wow, Joanne - what a relief!! I thought I was the only one doing silly things like that! LOL :rotfl2:

No, I'm probably worst. We are in WDW three days before and are doing the dining plan. We had already made reservations for dinners, but then we started going thru the list of counter service places to decide what we wanted there!!! :lmao:

Joanne and Sue:

That is to funny that the two of you are looking at the menus and picking out what you want to eat.:) I may have to check that out. Were did you both look at them. On the DIS?

We are using our points for the WBTA instead of the Member Cruise. It was a tough choice but how can I say "no" to a 14 DCL vacation?

It's weird not to be doing the Member cruise. Those vacations have been some of the best, mostly because of the people that we have met :)

I will be seeing you again on that WBTA!!

Found this on the discusson part:

New ship takes shape

Today, Disney Cruise Line celebrated the keel laying of the new Disney Dream cruise ship with a special ceremony in Papenburg, Germany. The Disney Dream is the first of two new cruise ships being built by Disney Cruise Line to bring family cruising to more people in more places around the world.

In the maritime industry, the keel laying ceremony marks a momentous occasion when the first block of the ship is lowered into the building dock and a coin is placed under the keel for good fortune. Doing the honors of placing the coin were Disney Cruise Line Captain Tom Forberg and Donald Duck.

The Disney Dream is scheduled to join the Disney Cruise Line fleet in 2011, followed by Disney’s second new ship, the Disney Fantasy in 2012. Together the new ocean liners will more than double the capacity of Disney Cruise Line, each having 1,250 staterooms and a tonnage of 128,000.

Both new ocean liners will call Port Canaveral, Fla., their home, where expansion efforts are underway to accommodate the larger ships and additional guests.

Like her sister ships, the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, the Disney Dream is designed in the grand tradition of classic ocean liners. The Disney Dream will be a “modern classic” blending the grace of early transatlantic ocean liners with contemporary design and technology to create one of the most elegant and spectacular cruise ships afloat.

Delivering a family-fun cruise experience unlike any other at sea, Disney Cruise Line caters to each individual family member’s vacation needs.

Found this on the discusson part:

New ship takes shape

Today, Disney Cruise Line celebrated the keel laying of the new Disney Dream cruise ship with a special ceremony in Papenburg, Germany. The Disney Dream is the first of two new cruise ships being built by Disney Cruise Line to bring family cruising to more people in more places around the world.

In the maritime industry, the keel laying ceremony marks a momentous occasion when the first block of the ship is lowered into the building dock and a coin is placed under the keel for good fortune. Doing the honors of placing the coin were Disney Cruise Line Captain Tom Forberg and Donald Duck.

The Disney Dream is scheduled to join the Disney Cruise Line fleet in 2011, followed by Disney’s second new ship, the Disney Fantasy in 2012. Together the new ocean liners will more than double the capacity of Disney Cruise Line, each having 1,250 staterooms and a tonnage of 128,000.

Both new ocean liners will call Port Canaveral, Fla., their home, where expansion efforts are underway to accommodate the larger ships and additional guests.

Like her sister ships, the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, the Disney Dream is designed in the grand tradition of classic ocean liners. The Disney Dream will be a “modern classic” blending the grace of early transatlantic ocean liners with contemporary design and technology to create one of the most elegant and spectacular cruise ships afloat.

Delivering a family-fun cruise experience unlike any other at sea, Disney Cruise Line caters to each individual family member’s vacation needs.

Here's a couple of pictures.

http://www.disneycruisenews.com/AssetDetail.aspx?AssetId=081e01a8-543c-463d-9d9f-5e31ea2646e2

http://www.disneycruisenews.com/AssetDetail.aspx?AssetId=b53f8a66-2dd0-43ff-92cc-474e61bbb8fa

I was on the magic in june of 2006 and we got down to 1 minute before the shuttle launch before it was stopped. They had it on the jumbo screen and we where so sad it didn;t go off.

I was on the magic in june of 2006 and we got down to 1 minute before the shuttle launch before it was stopped. They had it on the jumbo screen and we where so sad it didn;t go off.

I would be sad to!

I figure one day I will see a launch and it is such a bummer when they cancel them but they need to be safe and that is what is important

Lets hope it is the one on Sept 15th. Then we will both get to see one.:woohoo:

Gee, it figures. The one afternoon that my plans have changed and I can sit here and chat, no one is around! Anybody out there!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter