09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, Our middle DS's best friend from college is from a town west of Boston (forget the name) but I call him my Boston Son, and he LOVES the Red Sox!

Last time we went to WDW we had DS and Boston Son meet us there. It was the first time he had ever been to Disney!

Dave, Our middle DS's best friend from college is from a town west of Boston (forget the name) but I call him my Boston Son, and he LOVES the Red Sox!

Last time we went to WDW we had DS and Boston Son meet us there. It was the first time he had ever been to Disney!

Thats pretty cool, Red Sox Nation stretches everywhere. On our DCL cruise in 2004 and 2007 we watched the Red Sox on the Jumbotron in the playoffs, it was weird because almost everyone watching were Red Sox fans, not the teams we were playing against. (In 2004 it was the Yankees and we outnumbered them 10-1)

That must have been nice to take someone to Disney for the first time, it makes it a little more special.

Thats pretty cool, Red Sox Nation stretches everywhere. On our DCL cruise in 2004 and 2007 we watched the Red Sox on the Jumbotron in the playoffs, it was weird because almost everyone watching were Red Sox fans, not the teams we were playing against. (In 2004 it was the Yankees and we outnumbered them 10-1)

That must have been nice to take someone to Disney for the first time, it makes it a little more special.

It was really a blast to take him because he was just thrilled to do and see everything!! He really had a great time at the Hoop de do Revue! He even wore a "This is my first trip to Disney" pin!!

hello everyone. again, i have failed at staying up to date with the board. i apologize. it seems that james (ds) keeps me a bit too busy lately.

anyway, thought i would let you all know that we just found out that we will be taking a little one on the trip with us, however he/she will be traveling in my belly!

We just found out the other week that I am pregnant so we are excited but I also had to cancel our couples massage and no fufu drinks for me :( I have also filled out all our forms and just need our luggage tags.

We can't wait!

See you all soon.

Oh, that is fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS!

I totally agree Susie. And I totally love it.

My only thought is that I am on facebook and don't really get on it that much. Maybe once every week, week and a half to two weeks. I would much rather be on here.

:thumbsup2

My husband has gotten so paranoid about all the negative things he's heard about Facebook that he really doesn't want me using it. So I'll be talking to you via the DIS, too.

Me too! But I'll take the boozed up version! :rotfl2:

Well, no duh! Well past the point of being pregnant again - so how about two-handed?? :lmao:

Me, too. Me, too. :woohoo::woohoo:

That's too funny! As I said before, we are sooooo alike! DH and I often get looks for doing silly things - but that's just us being us!! :thumbsup2

DH and I always get looks...he's 6'4" and I'm 5'2". And then we also do silly things, so what can I say?

Chris-I am with you, our kids get a February vacation and then a Spring vacation in April. I don't remember having that when we were in school...but if you ask my oldest we didn't have light bulbs back then either:rotfl2:

I was very impresssed by those Phillies last year WTG:banana:
I can't wait to meet everyone as well, so much fun to be had and memories to be made:thumbsup2

I always preface stories of my younger days with "back in prehistoric times..." :lmao: My DGD6 can't believe there were no computers, no cell phones, no internet, no iPods, etc., etc.

Oh, and I hope you all can find room in your hearts for a couple of Mets fans, especially considering the horrendous year we're having (almost every single one of our starters is on the disabled list). Hey, at least it's not the Yankees!

hello everyone. again, i have failed at staying up to date with the board. i apologize. it seems that james (ds) keeps me a bit too busy lately.

anyway, thought i would let you all know that we just found out that we will be taking a little one on the trip with us, however he/she will be traveling in my belly!

We just found out the other week that I am pregnant so we are excited but I also had to cancel our couples massage and no fufu drinks for me :( I have also filled out all our forms and just need our luggage tags.

We can't wait!

See you all soon.

Congratulations !!!!:goodvibes

Done a couple of weeks ago. In a very strange way, I almost enjoy doing the online check-in, probably because it brings the cruise closer in a way.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: I am not worthy....

Oh, my this made me tired reading it...I admire your tenacity. Some day when it is all over you will look back and think, "How did I ever do it all?" But you will have no regrets because, YOU DID IT ALL!!!!

DH and I had 5 children, and I was always involved with girl scouting. I loved it. I have always worked full time as RN, and when our first went to college, I worked 6a-2p at one job, came home and napped and then went to work 4p to 11p...I did this for a year or so, and when I stopped, I thought OH never again...at 50 I completed my bachelor of science in nursing at Penn State...and let me tell you, going into an ICU at a tertiary hospital was SCAREY STUFF:scared1: I was so afraid I would pull something out that was vital...these people had total boby system failure...and there I was...and then I went on to advance training for my wounds, ostomies and continence certification...I was so old compared to those young girls...but I have never made it to my master's, and always wanted to. So keep it up! I can't go into that kind of debt at my age. You will have so many wonderful memories of all you have done with your children. You are like a "supermom" and I always hated that term...it has a bad connotation, but to me, it is just the desire to "be there" and be a part of your child's life...believe me, they grow up so fast...I cried and cried when my first went off to college, because it is never the same...their lives become independent and that is the goal, but it is tough for a mom.

Ok, I am done with my pep talk...ENJOY HUMP DAY everyone!

PS How do I get one of those banners for the vacation countdown? I tried, but I only got the words printed and not the banner...was going to delete the photos in my siggie ....

SUSAN

Lisa,
I completely know what you mean about it always being the same people. Having been involved in scouts for so long, it is always the same song - oh, I can't drive this weekend, we have plans - or sorry we can't help with that but I'll just give him the money he needs, he doesn't need to do the fundraiser anyway!

I was always my sons' Den Leaders, and it seemed as I finished with one the next one was ready to start. I'm still in it as the Troop's Advancement Chair and DH is the Scoutmaster. As much as we love it, we are now counting the years before littlest DS is finished so that we can stop, but DH says he was there for the two older ones and will be there for the little one until he's done.

I backed out of the school things when little one was done with elementary school, and haven't been involved in any of that since - thank goodness, but "politics" were driving me crazy! If there is one things I can't listen to is a bunch of catty women in one room, all with their claws out!!!! :rotfl2:

I finished my BA but never went for master's - just went right to work. Congratulations on sticking with it! You can do it!!

I have printed them out and put them all my cruise "stuff" but we haven't signed them yet. We will probably sign them some time during the drive down.

Oh my! I am in awe! :worship::worship::worship:

Thanks for the clarifactions! :goodvibes

You are all too funny!!! I am just surprised no one has been brave enough to say ....ARE YOU CRAZY?? I am sticking with the masters at this point primarily because my company reimburses me if I get at least a B. I do want to finish it but it's just taking so long and I am tired of all the school work. I love learning all the new stuff but the busy work is a real downer. :rotfl:
Right after I started the masters program back in 2005 my company offered a project management professional certification program. I was 'encouraged' to pursue the certification. So, that is when I first stopped working on my masters. Stopped for about 1 1/2 years. The PMP was pretty tough. The great thing was the PMP program was paid in full and the only stipulation was that you had to take the certification test. You were not required to pass it. So, that really helped get me through it. Less stress. It was a 4 hour test and it was pretty tough. At least for me. But I was so relieved when I found out that I passed it. Since then I was just taking classes when I could fit them into my schedule. Now I am just doing whatever I can to finish within the next year.

With all this going on, I just swore I would not let any of it interfer with my kids and their activities.

I have to admit there are many days I wish I was not doing any of it. Like those weekends when I am up half the night cleaning under the fridge or stove. :rotfl2:

I guess I should also admit that my house pretty much ALWAYS looks like a hurricane blew through it. It bothers me but again there is always tomorrow to clean. It's not like it is going anywhere. :confused3

Everyone here is very busy with life whether it be work, school, kids, grandkids, health issues, driving 700 miles in a day to take your kids to their grandparents and 700 miles back the next day, getting up early in the morning to take your daughter to work to detassle corn, spending all day supporting your son while he earns his black belt, etc. I actually :worship: all of you for your positive attitudes, perserverence, and kindness. Not sure if you noticed one of my favorite quotes on my avatar. Those who plant kindness gather love! :flower3: :love:

You all are gathering much love in your lives!! :lovestruc

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

You don't have to use your KTTW card to lock your safe. The safes in the room lock when your KTTW card is slid through it. Problem is you need the exact same card to open it. If one partner is up at the pool and the other wants to get something out of the safe you are out of luck. Plus if sadly you misplace your KTTW card then you have to call to have someone come and open it up for you.

Here's the tip of the day. You can use any card with a magnetic strip. Like your grocery discount card! Then if you use that you can put it somewhere else in your room where everyone else in your party can get to it if they want to get in the safe. Of course you don't want to just leave it out on top of the safe (since the safe wouldn't be very secure then) but tucked in a drawer out of sight should be fine.

Thanks to Linda for making sure this tip is still a good one. Once dry dock happens the safes will have a key pad to punch in numbers and you won't need a card.

Mary - Thanks for all the TIPS. Great information! :thumbsup2

I am so bad I did nime at t he 90 day mark.

Flo, we did so also! :thumbsup2 They are in the folder and already to go.[/QUOTE]

I did mine also at the 90 day mark. I was just so excited to be able to do something. I was not able to book ressies at 90 days so I had to do something to make me feel like I was getting stuff ready for the cruise. :rolleyes1

Sue-Sorry to miss your run...LOL I would have joined in but I believe work got in the way again:rotfl2: It also appears I missed you this morning, as I was trying to finalize our Christmas at Disney plans. We had a friend of ours decide they would like to go as well and when I called MS they said they were all booked up. I ended up getting them a room at Coronado on points and they made their airline ressies today!! Looks like our kids will all be surprised to wake up Christmas morning at Disney!

Wow Dave!!! That sounds exciting. I have thought about doing that but I figured I would wait until DD (5) is a little older. Although with her birthday being the week before Christmas and she keeps asking if we can go for her birthday. That would be a fun trip to be there for her birthday and Christmas. Maybe one day. ENJOY!!

We can't wait!

See you all soon.

:cloud9: Congratulations! :cloud9:

Good morning everyone - happy Thursday!

My we have become a chatty bunch. Do you think everyone is excited? :)

I can't believe we start our road trip 3 weeks from today. I feel like there is still so much to do!

It was really a blast to take him because he was just thrilled to do and see everything!! He really had a great time at the Hoop de do Revue! He even wore a "This is my first trip to Disney" pin!!

Sue-I think that is awesome that he was so "into it".

I always preface stories of my younger days with "back in prehistoric times..." :lmao: My DGD6 can't believe there were no computers, no cell phones, no internet, no iPods, etc., etc.

Oh, and I hope you all can find room in your hearts for a couple of Mets fans, especially considering the horrendous year we're having (almost every single one of our starters is on the disabled list). Hey, at least it's not the Yankees!

Joanne-I think everyones kids think the same thing about their parents, no matter how old we are. As for a Mets fan, no problem with the Mets...LOL;)

You are all too funny!!!

Everyone here is very busy with life whether it be work, school, kids, grandkids, health issues, driving 700 miles in a day to take your kids to their grandparents and 700 miles back the next day, getting up early in the morning to take your daughter to work to detassle corn, spending all day supporting your son while he earns his black belt, etc. I actually :worship: all of you for your positive attitudes, perserverence, and kindness. Not sure if you noticed one of my favorite quotes on my avatar. Those who plant kindness gather love! :flower3: :love:

You all are gathering much love in your lives!! :lovestruc

Lisa-I believe "busy" is different to everyone, your busy is just amazing. For a very long time I worked nights and attended classes at a local college during the day then picked up my kids from daycare until my wife came home from work. I look back now and think how could I ever have managed that, but at the time I didn't think anything of it. I think it is incredible you can do all you do and still find time to chat on here with us:worship::worship:

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning all...since we are speaking sports LETS GO CARDINALSThey won again last night again:woohoo::woohoo:A 6 game lead in division.

Ok now that I got that out of my system, everyone have a great day.

Mary, have you had your last treatment yet? How are you doing?

Flo, any job nibbles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter