• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Tuesday!!!

I checked the posts last night and had typed up a number of comments and responses and then when I went to preview I lost it. I have no idea what happened but it was gone. :confused3 It was too late at that point to start over. I was also not feeling well :sick:. Then I had to go in the office today to meet with the auditors. It was a tough day. Ran out of there early so I could get home. I was eating Pepto like candy. Got home ate some toast and then took a nap.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the very kind get well wishes for my mom. :flower3: She will also appreciate it when I tell her.

As for the Fish Extender I was not going to stress about it. Thank you for all the suggestions. I was going to just have the kids decide on what they wanted to do. But, as of this morning, I received a very kind offer to make us one. :hug: We will see. I just do not want to put anyone out. We are all busy these days.

I just have to say that everyone here is just so kind. You are all so very supportive. :grouphug:

Wait until you all hear this one.
Last Wednesday at class when I logged onto the online Blackboard, there was an announcement from the professor for my next course that starts on 9/9. We already have an assignment for the first class. Read first 3 chapters. Okay, so this is not a big deal. I always get my book and read the chapters to be prepared for class. Although, most students do not even have their books on the first night of class. :confused3

Well, I then went back into the syllabus and read through it. I almost fell out of my chair. For this next 7 week class, I have 4 quizzes, a midterm exam, a comprehensive final exam, 2 research papers, and a structured external assignment (?? I think this is just a bigger research paper). In addition we have to read 3 chapters each week and complete a number of labs each week. :scared1::headache::upsidedow

My current professor laughed when I read it out loud. He said....this class is not looking so bad now is it. Ugh!!!

I will miss the 2nd week due to the cruise and then I will have a paper due for the 3rd week. So, do not be surprised if you see me at the pool reading my book or working on a paper. So much for a work free vacation. :mad: We will see. Maybe I can work on the paper before I leave. Maybe over the Labor Day weekend.

Okay, DD and I are watching Pete's Dragon (3rd time this week) and she is insisting that I rub her feet. :rotfl: So have a good night everyone.

Happy Anniversary Connie & Chuck

thank you!

I'm confused here. How close is the parking to the terminal?
very close, just across the street. But you can drop off your passengers and the luggage and then go park.

Can't remember if this has been asked, but I'm gonna ask - mainly because DH keeps asking me :confused3 and I'm not sure - but, When do we get our cruise documents? I figured this week or next, right? Please, if you can answer, let me know so I can let DH know. Work for him has been stressful and he needs this trip. Thanks!

SOON,VERY SOON!!!!

Has everyone done their online checkin and printed out their forms? hmmmmm???????

Happy Anniversary Connie & Chuck!!

I also think we missed some birthdays. :mad:

Happy Belated Birthday Dustin!!

And Happy Birthday to anyone else out there we missed.

As for the Fish Extender I was not going to stress about it. Thank you for all the suggestions. I was going to just have the kids decide on what they wanted to do. But, as of this morning, I received a very kind offer to make us one. :hug: We will see. I just do not want to put anyone out. We are all busy these days.

Well, I then went back into the syllabus and read through it. I almost fell out of my chair. For this next 7 week class, I have 4 quizzes, a midterm exam, a comprehensive final exam, 2 research papers, and a structured external assignment (?? I think this is just a bigger research paper). In addition we have to read 3 chapters each week and complete a number of labs each week. :scared1::headache::upsidedow . .

So, you are a MOM, WORK FULLTIME, AND a STUDENT????!!!!!! makes the rest of us look absolutley lazy! :eek:

very close, just across the street. But you can drop off your passengers and the luggage and then go park.

SOON,VERY SOON!!!!

Has everyone done their online checkin and printed out their forms? hmmmmm???????

Yes, as of what I saw on UPS tracking I think I will be getting it soon. Looks like DVC has submitted the package details. Maybe it will be by the end of the week. Maybe.

Online Checkin completed long ago. :banana: Printed and signed forms! :banana:

SOON,VERY SOON!!!!

So, you are a MOM, WORK FULLTIME, AND a STUDENT????!!!!!! makes the rest of us look absolutley lazy! :eek:

Well, if I have to admit it...YES.
And believe it our not I am also the Webelos Den Leader for my sons cub scout den. But this is my last year for that and my scouts have gotten most of their requirements completed already towards earning their Arrow of Light. So, most advancements this year will be extras. My son is working to get all 20 badges.
I used to be the lead for several committees and one of the homeroom moms at my sons elementary school. I had to give those up. I enjoyed it but way too much time. I was using all of my vacation time for school activities and then had no time for myself. I will also admit that I got a little annoyed that it was always the same people volunteering their time. That gets very old. I would always here excuses that they did not have time. HELLO?? It is for your children??? If everyone helped out with just one activity it would only require a little bit of time for everyone. So, now I am not the lead but I volunteer to help out as needed.

I started my masters several years ago. I have had to start and stop several times but I am going to get it all completed over the next 12 months. I basically decided to get it done now or I was just not going to finish it. I am tired of it all. So, 1 this summer, 2 in Fall, 1 in Spring, and then the final BIG fieldwork research paper to finish up the program. My understanding is that it can be a couple hundred pages. I told the head of the program I will just be getting right to the point. Not sugar coating anything. He laughed at me. :rotfl: Maybe because I looked like this when he was explaining the final project :eek:

So, yes I am a little crazy these days. Actually getting on here and putting all the other stuff aside is very nice. I always enjoy reading through the posts. Clears my head some times.

Chris,

I just checked the UPS Tracking site and as of today UPS has the package details.

Based on the previous instructions I saw on this thread (do not recall the source that provided the details), I search by reference number. The reference number is your confirmation number for cruise. Input your zip code and country and then search. It has today as the Shipped/Billed On date.

Lisa

I am going to try that! I wonder if it's UPS that sends it to Canada too..?

Alex.

Thanks for the congratulations...but it was a sleezy win and I feel guilty!! I cheated, ok...but when I left work, I had posted the 93rd I think it was and I figured until I got home, someone would have gotten them...and then until my computer decided to warm up....

I love the Christian...he is so nice and I love to see him come out in that white uniform doing a front walkover...I can't imagine working on a cruise ship. I would go stir crazy I think. Maybe if I were real young I would think it's cool...but seems like a lot of work in cramped quarters.

I can't get my rewards to show, so I guess I will have to change my signature...it's about time anyhow..

Am I correct that we don't tip on this cruise and that it is included in the booking? Do we still tip at Palo's? I don't want to cheat anyone.

Yes the tips are included and yes you still tip for Palo

Can't remember if this has been asked, but I'm gonna ask - mainly because DH keeps asking me :confused3 and I'm not sure - but, When do we get our cruise documents? I figured this week or next, right? Please, if you can answer, let me know so I can let DH know. Work for him has been stressful and he needs this trip. Thanks!

ON DCL web site it says they ship 28 days out. so we will see

Chris,

I just checked the UPS Tracking site and as of today UPS has the package details.

Based on the previous instructions I saw on this thread (do not recall the source that provided the details), I search by reference number. The reference number is your confirmation number for cruise. Input your zip code and country and then search. It has today as the Shipped/Billed On date.

Lisa

Lisa,

How did you put the zipcode in. I did not see that on the UPS sie. Duh! I just figured out. I was determined. Mine not shipped.

Take care
flo

:surfweb:

Has everyone done their online checkin and printed out their forms? hmmmmm???????[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Cathy and I have them done, sign, and printed. :dance3: Forgot to print out the confirmation for our flight:rotfl2:My sister wanted to know how we were going to get there.

SOON,VERY SOON!!!!

Done a couple of weeks ago. In a very strange way, I almost enjoy doing the online check-in, probably because it brings the cruise closer in a way.

Well, if I have to admit it...YES.
And believe it our not I am also the Webelos Den Leader for my sons cub scout den. But this is my last year for that and my scouts have gotten most of their requirements completed already towards earning their Arrow of Light. So, most advancements this year will be extras. My son is working to get all 20 badges.
I used to be the lead for several committees and one of the homeroom moms at my sons elementary school. I had to give those up. I enjoyed it but way too much time. I was using all of my vacation time for school activities and then had no time for myself. I will also admit that I got a little annoyed that it was always the same people volunteering their time. That gets very old. I would always here excuses that they did not have time. HELLO?? It is for your children??? If everyone helped out with just one activity it would only require a little bit of time for everyone. So, now I am not the lead but I volunteer to help out as needed.

I started my masters several years ago. I have had to start and stop several times but I am going to get it all completed over the next 12 months. I basically decided to get it done now or I was just not going to finish it. I am tired of it all. So, 1 this summer, 2 in Fall, 1 in Spring, and then the final BIG fieldwork research paper to finish up the program. My understanding is that it can be a couple hundred pages. I told the head of the program I will just be getting right to the point. Not sugar coating anything. He laughed at me. :rotfl: Maybe because I looked like this when he was explaining the final project :eek:

So, yes I am a little crazy these days. Actually getting on here and putting all the other stuff aside is very nice. I always enjoy reading through the posts. Clears my head some times.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: I am not worthy....

Has everyone done their online checkin and printed out their forms? hmmmmm???????[/CENTER]

Cathy and I have them done, sign, and printed. :dance3: Forgot to print out the confirmation for our flight:rotfl2:My sister wanted to know how we were going to get there.[/QUOTE]

I am so bad I did nime at t he 90 day mark.

Lisa,

You have a busy road a head of you. GOod for you. :thumbsup2

WOW! A 3rd thread...I've missed a lot of posts. :rotfl: Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone's planning was going. It's almost here...less than 30 days. Mace and I keep hoping they'll do another one next year so we can go on that one since we had to opt out of this one this year. I just finished watching video's from SSMC08 (to get in cruise mode for my bday cruise) and thought...hey I haven't popped in on the SSMC09 boards lately.

Well hope everyones doing well!

WOW! A 3rd thread...I've missed a lot of posts. :rotfl: Just thought I'd check in to see how everyone's planning was going. It's almost here...less than 30 days. Mace and I keep hoping they'll do another one next year so we can go on that one since we had to opt out of this one this year. I just finished watching video's from SSMC08 (to get in cruise mode for my bday cruise) and thought...hey I haven't popped in on the SSMC09 boards lately.

Hi!

Glad you stopped in!

take care
flo
:surfweb:

Good morning everyone - trying to catch up on posts I missed. :)

Checking in after months of being away. I am so excited to get on that boat!!! I am in the middle of getting moved from Idaho to Phoenix so I need those days of relaxing on the boat!!!

Nice to see you again. I'm sure you and the other mom's will have a great time.

Thanks for the congratulations...but it was a sleezy win and I feel guilty!! I cheated, ok...but when I left work, I had posted the 93rd I think it was and I figured until I got home, someone would have gotten them...and then until my computer decided to warm up....

I love the Christian...he is so nice and I love to see him come out in that white uniform doing a front walkover...I can't imagine working on a cruise ship. I would go stir crazy I think. Maybe if I were real young I would think it's cool...but seems like a lot of work in cramped quarters.

I can't get my rewards to show, so I guess I will have to change my signature...it's about time anyhow..

Am I correct that we don't tip on this cruise and that it is included in the booking? Do we still tip at Palo's? I don't want to cheat anyone.

Tips are included for the main positions at the suggested amount. If you want to tip more due to exception service (which we always seem to get) than you can add cash or go to guest services and get an additional amount added. You'll get tickets in your room showing the amount tipped and the regular envelopes to put them in.

Palo is not included in this pre-tipping so you should tip there.

SOON,VERY SOON!!!!

Have them filled out and printed for a while now. Got them with the rest of our paperwork. Good reminder.

Nice to see you Timika - wish you were joining us!

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

You don't have to use your KTTW card to lock your safe. The safes in the room lock when your KTTW card is slid through it. Problem is you need the exact same card to open it. If one partner is up at the pool and the other wants to get something out of the safe you are out of luck. Plus if sadly you misplace your KTTW card then you have to call to have someone come and open it up for you.

Here's the tip of the day. You can use any card with a magnetic strip. Like your grocery discount card! Then if you use that you can put it somewhere else in your room where everyone else in your party can get to it if they want to get in the safe. Of course you don't want to just leave it out on top of the safe (since the safe wouldn't be very secure then) but tucked in a drawer out of sight should be fine.

Thanks to Linda for making sure this tip is still a good one. Once dry dock happens the safes will have a key pad to punch in numbers and you won't need a card.

Cathy and I have them done, sign, and printed. :dance3: Forgot to print out the confirmation for our flight:rotfl2:My sister wanted to know how we were going to get there.

I am so bad I did nime at t he 90 day mark.[/QUOTE]

Flo, we did so also! :thumbsup2 They are in the folder and already to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter