• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering too, why all the secrecy. On the dvcmembercruise website they have under "theme" that the 2008 theme is Disney Inspirations. Do they mean 2009, or are they telling us about last year? Anyone out there go last year, or know someone who did? I haven't seen any docs yet, either. I'm hoping I see them soon. Really looking forward to the cruise. It will be our second time on DCL, but we haven't cruised on Disney since 1998 on the Magic. See you all in a month! Woo hoo!

That theme is from last years cruise

HI everyone!
Just wanted to post a quick note-getting so excited about the cruise!!!
We leave for WDW on Sep 4th for a week at Kidani-we originally planned on checking out on sat 12th and spending the night before the cruise at Hampton Inn (I think) in Port Canaveral-but just decided to spend the last night at All Star Sports-although we are debating if we should just stay one more night at Kidani and not have to switch hotels.....any thoughts?

We've rented a car-and we're returning it by the Port on Sunday before the cruise....

I am SO excited to get going already! Is it Sep 4th yet!? :banana::dance3:

WE ARE LEAVING SEPT 4TH FOR A 7 DAY CRUISE ON THE MAGIC. THEY ARE JUST STARTING TO GET THERE DOCUMENTS. i HAVE NOT GOTTEN MINE. I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE UNDER 30 DAYS

I went to check on my boys tonight- they share a room, and I found that my two year old had thrown up all over the place- poor thing :sick: and he didn't even get up to come and get me or Ryan. So... I just cleaned the carpet again- for the second time this week (the first time was just because it needed it!) It also figures that I washed all of the bedding today too- and will be doing that again tomorrow! :sad2:

I was planning on working on my FE's tonight! :mad:

I'm sorry to hear about your little boy being sick....the poor thing :sad2: How is he doing? I hope he is feeling much better. Take care:flower3:

Just checking in.
I can not believe that we are only 30 Days out!!! Can not wait to meet everyone.

Hi Wendy...time is moving along. Before you know it...we will be on the Wonder!!!! Looking forward to meeting you and Cathy. Take care.:flower3:

THANKS FOR THE FE LIST!!!!!:banana::banana:

I second that!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:Thank you for the list Flo

Happy Thursday Everyone!!!!!

I was cracking up last night when I got back on to read the posts after the battle for the princess and pirate. I had jumped on real quick before logging off the computer to read through the posts and then jumped back off to run out the door. Had errands to run before I went to class.

Monika and Sue - I just made it to class in time. About 10 minutes after I got in the building it was a downpour.

After last night's class, I am down to two remaining. Woo Hoo! :cool1:

Now to get working on my final assignment. Finished with all the quizzes. :thumbsup2

Have a nice evening! Not sure if I will be back on later today. I am hoping to get the FE gifts finished tonight. At least what I can get done until I get back to Cape May to get more items. I may just have to send my dad over to pick up the stuff and drop it off to me. I may have to beg. :worship:

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Hi Lisa...glad you made it in safely before the rain started. We had some rain after the downpour but nothing major. My daughter had a bunch of friends over...the rain didn't spoil their fun. You were in Wilmington....is that where you go to school? You mentioned Cape May...we live about 5 minutes from the Cape May/ Lewes Ferry ( the Delaware side). Looking forward to meeting you. Good luck on your quizzes. Take care :flower3:

I have been wondering too, why all the secrecy. On the dvcmembercruise website they have under "theme" that the 2008 theme is Disney Inspirations. Do they mean 2009, or are they telling us about last year? Anyone out there go last year, or know someone who did? I haven't seen any docs yet, either. I'm hoping I see them soon. Really looking forward to the cruise. It will be our second time on DCL, but we haven't cruised on Disney since 1998 on the Magic. See you all in a month! Woo hoo!
Hi....that was the theme to last years members cruise. My husband and I were there and we had so much fun. That was our first members cruise. I sure wish they would give us a hint...just a little one. Looking forward to meeting you. Take care:flower3:

HI everyone!
Just wanted to post a quick note-getting so excited about the cruise!!!
We leave for WDW on Sep 4th for a week at Kidani-we originally planned on checking out on sat 12th and spending the night before the cruise at Hampton Inn (I think) in Port Canaveral-but just decided to spend the last night at All Star Sports-although we are debating if we should just stay one more night at Kidani and not have to switch hotels.....any thoughts?

We've rented a car-and we're returning it by the Port on Sunday before the cruise....

I am SO excited to get going already! Is it Sep 4th yet!? :dance3:

Hi Perdie...Oh how I wish it was September 12...that's when my husband and I arrive in Orlando. We will be staying at the Boardwalk the night before the cruise. After the cruise we will be staying at Bay Lake Towers for a couple of days. I am looking forward to meeting you. Take care:flower3:

It's Thursday evening, I hope everyone had a great day.

Have a good evening and take care.....Monika :flower3:

Monika-
I would LOVE to stay at Bay Lake!! hope to very soon!!!
We're staying at Boardwalk DVC after the cruise for a few days!!!

Can't WAIT for Labor Day to get here already!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you too!!!

-Becca:yay:

Thanks Flo for the FE list, I'm almost done with the gifts, it may be something everyone already has, but I hope you will all like.
It's so top secret, I can't tell you without being fired (wink, wink):rolleyes1

Can hardly wait

I just sent out the Fish Extender list to the below People since it is now closed. If you would still like one please PM me your e mail address of send me and e mail and I would be more then happy to send you one.

Got my List Flo;) It looks great.

Thanks Flo for the FE list, I'm almost done with the gifts, it may be something everyone already has, but I hope you will all like.
It's so top secret, I can't tell you without being fired (wink, wink):rolleyes1

Can hardly wait

I just sent out the Fish Extender list to the below People since it is now closed. If you would still like one please PM me your e mail address of send me and e mail and I would be more then happy to send you one.

Got my List Flo;) It looks great.

Thanks guys it was a pleasure doing it.

take care
flo
:surfweb:

Yea!! DSIL and DB, along with DBFF were all over tonight and we got all of the FE gifts for the kids all sorted out. The ones for the little guys are really cute - hope they like them.

Still working on the ones for the adults, but if they come out like we plan, I think everyone will like them.

We were concerned when we read that you couldn't send candy down to the ship prior to sailing. But then my DH had the bright light-bulb-going-on moment and said, well we're going to the resort first - let's just ship everything there and then we can just carry it on board the ship! Problem solved!!

I also completed the online check-in a few days ago and am very glad that I don't have to worry about that later!

Gosh, if I didn't know better, I'd say I was getting organized - and before the night before the cruise!!! :lmao:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my little pukey-guy. He was better today- not a tummy problem to be seen... the only thing that was left was a whiney problem, but that seems to go along with two and a half year old territory!

I am officially half way through making all of my FE gifts... yeah! :cool1: Maybe I will have them ready in time!!

I also did the online check in the other day... glad that is done!!

Washing LOTS of clothes that will be going into the suitcases... I am on a roll!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Woo HOO!!

Good morning everyone - happy Friday!

I am so glad to have found Thread #3!!!! It is great to know there are so many folks excited about our cruise.

They sure are keeping a tight wrap on what is going to happen on this cruise...any thoughts? Or maybe it was already discussed here and I missed it. If that is the case, just tell me gently!!!!

Less than 30 days and I can't even stand it because I am so excited....:banana:

I don't think anyone other than DVC Marketing knows why they are keeping such a tight wrap on things. I hope it is because what they have planned is extra grand, but deep down I'm just not sure. I would think they would already be working on all the printing etc. so they must know the theme. :confused3

Has anyone received there package from the ship.

As others have said the packets usually come about 2 weeks before the cruise. If you have done the online check in all you really need are the luggage tags.

To me it is just laziness on DVC's part. That is the 2008 theme and has been up since before last years cruise. If they didn't want to give us a theme this year they should have just gotten rid of that button. :confused3

Hi! Well I completed the on-line checkin for the cruise tonight! :banana::banana:
Way to go Robbie. I love the online check-in. Makes it so much easier at the port.

Thanks Flo. Got the email for the FE list - it was great! :thumbsup2

Sue,

Not a problem.

About shipping your box to the hotel. Just remember you are going to have to carry it with you till you can get into your room on the ship. That means to lucnch, pool, etc. Just a thought.:)

Take care
flo

Happy Friday Everyone!

Hope you all have a great weekend?

Any Plans?

We will be off to the Door way of Dreams on Sunday morning that is about it. Also, getting things together for the cruise. If any one is going I will have my crocks on. The are gray with mickey heads. They also give name tags out.

take care
flo

Happy Friday Everyone!

Hope you all have a great weekend?

Any Plans?

We will be off to the Door way of Dreams on Sunday morning that is about it. Also, getting things together for the cruise. If any one is going I will have my crocks on. The are gray with mickey heads. They also give name tags out.

take care
flo

Have fun, and fill me in later:dance3:

Good Morning! :)

Flo - wish I lived close enough to go to the Doorway of Dreams event. It sounds like it would be fun.

Tomorrow we have to run our errands and regular shopping like Wal-Mart and the grocery store. Yippee! :yay: Exciting stuff there. Then Sunday we are talking about maybe going to the Iowa State Fair. We haven't been there for a couple years and thought it may be fun. We are just going to play it by ear for now.

Monika - how exciting to stay at BLT after the cruise. We want to stay there some time soon.

Have a great day! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter