• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

09/08/07 Early Check in September 8, 2007 Western

Screen Name/Birth name/Relationship/Dining rotation/Deck/room #/Celebration
Bareacuda Ann early 5130 Triple Play

Donna2105 DW
DH
DS (11)
DS (7)
DD (4)

drclaws DW
DH

Got3grlz DW
DH
DD (8)
DD (4)
DD (2)

Got Disney"

Grandma4ever Lois Early 2060 20th anniversary
Janet Early 2060

JLSE50

ladyemmaann Ann 5132 2nd Anniversary
Mary 5 years together

MCourtney DW 10th anniversary
DH 1st time on Magic
DD (4)

McDuck

Michellepooh DW
DH
DS (3) Birthday

MommaluvsDis

Nacho 1337 Steven B2B

PrettyInTink Cyndi DW
Kevin DH
Amber DD (20)
Billy Jo DD's Boyfriend
Alex DS (17)
Patsy DMIL
Jack DGrand parents
Mary DGrand parents

ReAnSt Becky B2B

Shoes99 Michele DW late 30th anniversary DH Birthday 5th cruise

Sgtslovack Chris DH
Janet DW
Lynn Friend

S.S. Oceanlover

Stina (30) DH
hannacanna (31) DW

Swimteacher DW Travel w/ Stina &
DH hanacanna

Tamin DW 7/07 20th anniversary
DH
DS (13)

Tinkerbelltris DW early 6560 10th anniversary
DH 7/26
DS (8)
Twinprincesses Debbie Mom Early 2058
Cheree DD (9) Early 2058
Desiree DD (9) Early 2058

XABearX DH
gdulaney Ginny DW

Zane_Anthony

I went ahead and posted this even though I can not get it to fomat correctly. This is the information I am attempting to collect for us. I do not have a lot of details on many of us cruising. If you are comfortable please PM me this information. When we get closer I can e-mail the file to those who desire a copy. That means I will need e-mail addresses. These will NOT be posted as that can cause problems. Let me know if you want this information and most importantly please PM me if you do not want to be included in this list. I want to respect everyones wishes. So far it is just what each of us has posted.

Really looking forward to meeting each of you and having a wonderful cruise. A while back we had a post with some ideas for get togethers. Anyone find any of them interesting. If we don't get to some of the planning we just might run out of time to make the needed arrangments. I don't know how to make any of these arrangments so if I am to arrang any thing I need to start last month. I only have 144 days before my vacation since we are going to WDW before. I would like to at least see us decide on a place and time to meet on board that first day. What does everyone else want to do? Lois

Hi all! Stina- I know what ya mean. Cruisin' will break the bank sometimes. But as we know its all worth it in the end. Like Lois said, free dining in September might just be the incentive you need to talk you in to staying at WDW. We are staying at SSR on DVC points so we can't get the free dining. I wish we could! We are doing the dining plan that you pay for. (boos and hisses) Its going to just be me, dh, and my MIL (who I adore) from the 1-7. Everyone lse is coming in Friday night. We have lots of things planned for MIL including a trip to the SSR spa and a night out at the Dixie Stampede! She loves Dolly Parton and we know she'll love it there (we have been to every DS in the country).
Should be a blast!

Welcome Spocky! Our first cruise was a disney cruise and we have been hooked ever since! Let us know if you need any info or tips. The people here are very informative. You'll love it, it truly is magical....

On another note, my grandparents are so excited they can hardly stand it. My PaPa says that he's going to try everything! He's a bit of a daredevil so we are thinking about booking parasailing for him. He has done it before (with me in panama city beach one year) and loved it. A few years ago my uncle (pilot) surprised him with a ride in a stunt plane. He said it was the greatest thrill of his life. If all goes well (re: moneywise) we will be sending dh, dd, ds, and dpapa up to parasail on CC. I am trying to keep this a surprise from everyone. I'm no good with secrets so we'll see. Have a great day all!

Since i am new to cruising i have a few questions. I hope there is someone out here that can answer them.

Is there an ATM on board of the ship?
What kind of clothing do you take with you? For instance what kind of clothes do we wear when we go for dinning at Palo, and what kind of clothes do you wear in the other restaurants? What's formal, semi formal and cruise casual?

I'm not used to type english so sorry if it's not so good.

YUP... Bill... that's the one!
I thought I would hate it since it's IN the airport! I really do like it. We haven't eatten there, we ran out to the food court and picked up something there, and came back to the lobby and caught the bus to the port.:cool1:

Ann

Thanks Ann,

Just got my confirmation this morning. We have early seating.

Now how did you guys book the Hyatt? Use Hotwire, Priceline, or just book it directly??

Reviews are great on Tripadvisor.com

I imagine you are taking the Disney bus to and from the port? How much is that pp?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome Spocky. You'll love Disney and the Radisson at the port is nice to. Just make sure you get the suite. It's well worth the extra $20 or $30. Very nice pool area.

Bill

Spocky, welcome again. I'll see if I can help on the dress code. Palo requires no shorts, tank tops or jeans, no swimsuits. In other words,a dress, skirt or slacks for women. I have also seen women wearing nice capri pants and a dressy top. As for men my dh wears a nice pair of dress pants and shirt and tie with a dinner jacket. Sometimes he wears a tux. The rules in the dining rooms are pretty much the same. I have seen women wear sundresses and sandals at night and men with khaki pants and a nice shirt. Formal night can be as formal as you would like. DCL has tux rental available for you if you call them. My dh wears a tux sometimes, a suit sometimes. For your wife, a nice dress or pants suit is fine. You will see people dressed up, and dressed down. It really is personal preference. Our rule of thumb is don't wear anything you wouldn't wear out to a business dinner with your boss. Stick with that and you'll be ok. Happy planning!

Since i am new to cruising i have a few questions. I hope there is someone out here that can answer them.

Is there an ATM on board of the ship?
What kind of clothing do you take with you? For instance what kind of clothes do we wear when we go for dinning at Palo, and what kind of clothes do you wear in the other restaurants? What's formal, semi formal and cruise casual?

I'm not used to type english so sorry if it's not so good.

Please do not worry about your English. I think it is amazing when anyone can speak more than one language, Now for your questions:
1) I do not believe there is an ATM on board but do believe that you can get cash from guess services. Especially if you have travelers checks that need to be cashed.

2) I bring shorts and light weight tops. It is very warm and humid this time of year. At dinner it is expected that you dress up just a little bit more and wear polo or button down shrits with slacks. Women can wear slacks or dresses. They prefer that tank tops not be worn at the evening meal. There is one formal night when you can choose to dress up in a tux or formal dress. Then a semi formal night where you can dress up as well. For Palos you are expected to be dressy with men wearing a jackie and woman in a dress or nice pant suit. Now these guide lines are not set in stone and you can go to Palos in a button down or Polo shrit and nice slacks and no one will give you a second look.

3) Formal is dressing up like going out to the high school prom or some other very dressy activity (Bridal Party at a wedding). Semi Formal would be like what you might wear to attend a wedding. Causal is what you would wear at a day in the park. I really haven't explained this very well. Anyone else out do a better job?

Hope this helps. Lois

Spocky, welcome again. I'll see if I can help on the dress code. Palo requires no shorts, tank tops or jeans, no swimsuits. In other words,a dress, skirt or slacks for women. I have also seen women wearing nice capri pants and a dressy top. As for men my dh wears a nice pair of dress pants and shirt and tie with a dinner jacket. Sometimes he wears a tux. The rules in the dining rooms are pretty much the same. I have seen women wear sundresses and sandals at night and men with khaki pants and a nice shirt. Formal night can be as formal as you would like. DCL has tux rental available for you if you call them. My dh wears a tux sometimes, a suit sometimes. For your wife, a nice dress or pants suit is fine. You will see people dressed up, and dressed down. It really is personal preference. Our rule of thumb is don't wear anything you wouldn't wear out to a business dinner with your boss. Stick with that and you'll be ok. Happy planning!

Thanks PrettyInThink and Grandma4ever. It's all clear to me now. :yay: I'm getting more and more excited to go on the cruise.

Thanks PrettyInThink and Grandma4ever. It's all clear to me now. :yay: I'm getting more and more excited to go on the cruise.

We are all right there with you. Please ask if you have any other questions. There will be sombody who can answer the question. The more you know the more enjoyable your cruise. I have enjoyed each one I take more than the last because I know more about what I want and how to get it. Wish I had found the Dis years ago. Less than 6 months to go. It will be here before we know. Lois

Grandma4ever,

I just sent you a PM with some info for the list. Thanks for doing all this work!

Also ordered my wifes pillowcase!:cool1:

Bill

Grandma4ever,

I just sent you a PM with some info for the list. Thanks for doing all this work!

Also ordered my wifes pillowcase!:cool1:

Bill

Your Welcome. However, I am not doing pillowcases so who ever is doing that please order Bill's wife some pillow cases. I know that some folks bring pillow cases on board and ask guest services to have the charaters to sign them. Til later Lois

Your Welcome. However, I am not doing pillowcases so who ever is doing that please order Bill's wife some pillow cases. I know that some folks bring pillow cases on board and ask guest services to have the charaters to sign them. Til later Lois

LOL! I don't need anyone to order a pillowcase. Just mentioning that I ordered her one.

Bill

Lois, you explained it much better than me! You are much more well spoken than I am.
I re read my post and it looks a little like jibberish. :lmao:

Spocky, you will LOVE the cruise. I get so excited before I cruise. I just walk around in a constant state of happiness :love:

And don't worry about your english! I've been speaking it all my life and still don't get it right sometimes :lmao: I am also in awe of people who speak more than one language.

Lois, you explained it much better than me! You are much more well spoken than I am.

Spocky, you will LOVE the cruise. I get so excited before I cruise. I just walk around in a constant state of happiness :love:

And don't worry about your english! I've been speaking it all my life and still don't get it right sometimes :lmao: I am also in awe of people who speak more than one language.

Me and my wife talk about it all day, everyday. We talk about the excursions we want to do. We talk about the things to do aboard. We talk about the food. When i'm not working i'm surfing the internet looking for things about DCL. It's becoming addictive.

Most people in the Netherlands speak two foreign languages. I speak English, German and a little bit of French

Maybe I wrote a more detailed answer than you this time But...

LOL! I don't need anyone to order a pillowcase. Just mentioning that I ordered her one.

Bill

I apparently don't read english real well. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

stina...
Dh and I are coming in on the 7th and are staying at the Hyatt.
Perhaps the non-WDW people can have our meet at the airport?
I have no idea what time we will be coming in at.. it's usually by 7pm... (WestCoaster here)

Ann
:cool1: We are coming in Friday also and staying at the Hyatt. At this time it looks like we might be about 10pm ish.. Saturday breakfast, Mary and I could do..I have not yet made airline tickets yet. but will soon.
:thumbsup2

:woohoo:
Way to go on saving money on Disney Dinning.
If by any chance We fly in early Friday might find a way to come on Property for the meet. BUT.. If not How about we meet outside Parite Cay or Rock bar?
Those that are staying at the Hyatt could meet Saturday Morning before the bus. Any one intereste?

Thanks Ann,

Just got my confirmation this morning. We have early seating.

Now how did you guys book the Hyatt? Use Hotwire, Priceline, or just book it directly??

Reviews are great on Tripadvisor.com

I imagine you are taking the Disney bus to and from the port? How much is that pp?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome Spocky. You'll love Disney and the Radisson at the port is nice to. Just make sure you get the suite. It's well worth the extra $20 or $30. Very nice pool area.

Bill

Hi...
I guess Im the kind of person who will do "all in one" all inclusive package. I booked everything thru DCL. Flight/Hotel/Port/Cruise. Everything is booked... all but our excurtions, and that starts on 10 June for us !:cool1:
Im not sure what the price of transfers are... someone here might know.:idea:

:welcome: SPOCKY

Ask all the questions you have, someone here can help you all along the way. And again... welcome to our group!

Ann

I've read that alcoholic beverages are not included. I love to drink a beer in the evening, can anyone tell me the prices of alcohilic beverages on board?

I've read that alcoholic beverages are not included. I love to drink a beer in the evening, can anyone tell me the prices of alcohilic beverages on board?

Sorry I do not drink but from what I remember the drinks offered at Dinner were not any more costly then you might find in a local bar in the US.

I don't remember what the beer ran oversea though. Just know I really enjoyed the younger drinking age when my dad was stationed with NATO in Brussles back in the early 1970s. Lois

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter