• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

08 was so Great at the Poly...TR-NEW 2/3 Time to say Good-bye (final post) / pics

thanks, for the :grouphug: and well wishes! We moved out the sandbags on Sat from my parents, and 2 of the neighbors homes. We think we probably moved almost 1500 bags. Can you say sore?

anyhow thanks for understanding and I did hear about the flooding in Carol Stream too JBurke, glad you're ok and hope your basement is drying out Amy.

I made out my to do list today and wrote toward the bottom "?post Disboards?" so we'll see....trying to get caught up on things in my house this week, plus my nerves will be shot almost all week till after Friday. Friday is our meeting w/ the school team for Michael to discuss his accomadation plan for this school year. One of my biggest things is trying to get a better written and implemented plan for his social needs....

keep me in your thoughts this week and I hope to be back and up and running with the Dis again next week for sure!

Thanks,
J-

Glad to hear things are improving for your parents. Good Luck with your school meeting - I know how those can effect the nerves! One thing we have told the school special ed people right from the beginning is that we don't sign the IEP on the day of the meeting. That way we don't have the pressure of signing on the spot - we take a little time to discuss and absorb the meeting. They make you feel like you have to sign it right then and there - but you don't. PM me after the meeting - I'd love to hear some of the details if you don't want to get too specific here.

Hope you find some time to DIS soon. :goodvibes

:lovestruc I just love reading about your trip! popcorn::

We leave in less than three weeks, and I am super excited!! Although I still have so much planning to do.........

Hi! Hope you guys are doing OK & you aren't too deep into the post-Disney blues. Miss you. :hug:

Talked to Julie today and she is alive & well - just busy. She promised to be back soon with Day 3!

:lovestruc I just love reading about your trip! popcorn::

We leave in less than three weeks, and I am super excited!! Although I still have so much planning to do.........

:wave2:

How did your meeting go with Michael's school?

Yes.....hurry back to us! I leave in 18 days :scared1:

Talked to Julie today and she is alive & well - just busy. She promised to be back soon with Day 3!

Thanks Amy for letting everyone know I'm here! sorry to keep you hanging for so long!

*Michael's school meet went well, a few things make me iffy and I did state I did not want to sign till we had a better social plan in place, so just this week I met again w/ his classroom teacher and the school social worker to chat and go over concerns about Michael in re to social difficulties because of his Aspergers. I feel over all the meet was good and Michael came in at the end and we chatted a few minutes about a "coping plan" if and when he may get upset at school and about reaching out to more children with trying to make some more friend connections. It really is hard to know at some level your child is struggeling and you just can't quite pull the pieces together to help him. It's hard when you know it really isn't something that can be "fixed" His teacher hit me with some hard thoughts about my role, I don't think she was undermining me as his Mom, but it was rough (I started crying). Maybe a good rough, but still something for me to work thru and how am I helping Michael and comunicating and working w/ his teacher.....sorry for this major off tanget from my TR. Life has been a bit rocky these last 3+weeks.

*My parents place is somewhat back to normal, they bought some new furniture w/ my help last weekend to replace a few items lost by water damage. Their lower level is still pretty much in disaray, but getting there slowly. Most of all the damaged things have been cleared out and dumped. So things certaintly are on the up & up for them.

*I hope to get back into a groove and get caught up w/ my other PTR's and such not to mention my scrapbook! but thanks Disers for your love, patience and kindness!

Need to make lunch for Mae and Margaret now before I need to get Mae to school. I have all the pic's downloaded and all of Day 3) finished for posting (as Amy said) so keep your fingers crossed I find those minutes to put it all -togehter and post for you.

Thanks!:goodvibes

J-

Hello Disers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I haven’t lost anyone in my loooonnnnngggggg absence, so thank you for bearing with me. Even my scrapbook table was abandoned; I last logged scrapping the Friday before “the FLOOD” (that was almost 3+ weeks ago). And then last week my eyes, ears, and mental state was tied to my love-hate relationship with my Chicago CUBBIES (I figure a good Dis binge will snap me out of my Cubbie-blues)….And now that I’m ready to begin the Scraptastic Adventure of scrapping the ’08 trip I had better get back to this TR before any more time passes…… (I actually did the Title page and am printing pictures as I post, some major Disney multi-tasking going on here :thumbsup2 )

With the sounds of Briar Rose singing in the background and the aroma of my latest burnt bagel in the air (or yes I’m still burning those bagels)...

Let’s take a trip back in time thru my wonderful trip at WDW!

We last left off with the kids, DH, and Grandma taking a spin on the Tea CupsMargaret & I taking a break and then everyone having some Yummy! Fruit smoothies.

Now we’re off to Tomorrowland for some futuristic fun!

First we fought off Zurg and his robot army in BLAB, as usual DH out shot us all and this was my DMom’s first time riding this fun ride if you can believe that…..I even think Margaret liked it! all the fun lights, sounds and pictures.

On the way out we visited Zurg in jail:

100_1799.jpg

100_1800.jpg

Then we had some good laughs at :magnify: :sulley:

100_1802.jpg

(that's DMom and girls walking toward the building down in front)

100_1801.jpg

Michael had a little trouble waiting thru the 2 areas, but at least there was the short video before the actual show. And the kids and my DMom really liked the show! (DH & I saw one already the other night) They do mix it up a bit and it was funny yet again. And know it is now one of Michael’s new favorites! And I think they liked when Mike didn’t know Roz was there and he was making fun of her……

After that DMom, Aldine & I headed over to SMt for a trip, while DH and the kids went on the TT or what we like to call it “The We-way People Mover” It was really a good thing that DH ran and got those FP’s for us because the standby line was now 60 minutes long….and of course people are in it. Aldine was a bit nervous and at first I wasn’t sure she’d go on, but I assured her it would be fine and reminded her she has been on this ride before. Unfortunately she was scared for a portion of the ride, which in turn made me nervous because she was pulling her head forward and almost hyper-ventilating w/ nerves. (Yes I felt like a bad MOM) but she did calm down and semi-enjoyed her self.

After the ride as we were walking out, we saw a pre-teen girl w/ her parents off to the side in the boarding area and we stopped to talk as they were curious if Aldine was scared etc…we talked a few minutes and hope we helped ease some nerves as none of them had been on it before…I suggested swapping out and having 1 parent ride alone to get a feel for it….hope they had a good time whether they rode or not.

So according to my notes it was now around 1:00 pm….yikes! a lot later than I had anticipated being in the park today. We began to head out and first we had these taken:

image022-1.jpg

image027-1.jpg

100_1804.jpg

I took this one...wouldn't you like to have this outside your house to greet friends?

then we stopped in the Main Street Bakery and grabbed some lunch like snacks from our snack credits on the DDP…still have 26 to use!

We then walked over to the Barbershop to check on the wait and there was NO LINE and hardly a wait w/ only 2 other guests inside. So we got Margaret’s First Haircut! (We waited 5 minutes if that) A CM named Diane form NY cut her hair and Margaret did great! I wasn’t too sure w/ it being the end of the day and all, but she sat up in that chair like an angel and got her little hairs trimmed all pretty, no crying or fussing at all. At the end I received a precious bundle of her hair w/ some Mickey-pixie dust wrapped in a tissue, plus a certificate and she got her “First Haircut” Mickey Ears too.

100_1805.jpg

100_1807.jpg

100_1808.jpg

100_1810.jpg

100_1812.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1815.jpg

100_0427.jpg

The certificate says:
“Be it known that ‘Margaret’ has been awarded this Certificate for Bravely and Cheerfully submitting to our Clippers and Shears; receiving their First Haircut at the Walt Disney World Harmony Barber Shop Main Street, U.S.A.”

After that we took the monorail back to the Poly and our room for an afternoon rest. The kids sort of rested, some colored, some read, etc. Margaret laid in her crib with a blanket over her, but I don’t think she slept….DMom journaled in her book I made her with Mae for a little bit and DH downloaded over 300 pictures off the camera’s card (and that is only 2 ½ days worth…boy that is a lot of scrappin ahead! :rolleyes1 )

It is now 3:15 pm and the kids are restless to get back to some fun! :woohoo: So we prepare to head back out and over to Epcot for a few things.

Up Next EPCOT:

*our legacy:goodvibes

*Soarin for 1 hour +:scared:

*schedule change…..:confused3

*fun w/ Figment :figment:

Thanks for reading, :thanks:

J-

So if you remember back to my planning days…..I think back and say to myself: “Duh! Girl what were you thinking? :confused3 ”

Anyhoot the plan was our 1st half of the day at MK not the whole day because 1) it was a Sat and 2) wasn’t sure how the whole “gay Days at MK” would be like, BTW no big deal, yes there were many seas of red shirts around and we got asked a few questions like “why are those men carrying those china umbrella’s?” but really it made no effect on our TP at all.

But yes we got out of MK a bit late, and our afternoon rest was not a huge success in terms of rest…but still good to get out of the parks for a little while and the HEAT too!!!! :thumbsup2

We probably hence then left our room a little later then we should have with not really calculating in travel time from the Poly to the Monorail and then to Epcot…but if I have not mentioned before taking the Monorail was a breeze!!! No unloading the stroller, no traffic, no real heavy lines or waiting…it was awesome! And the ride back and forth from Epcot is great!:thumbsup2

OK so now back to Day 3) we have left our room, went to Epcot and headed in….

100_1819.jpg

1st stop was to check out the “Leave a Legacy Tiles” On our very last day on our last trip in 2005, we did this with the Twins to commemorate their 6th Birthday trip…and this was our 1st time back to see it. Of course I had realized then that I forgot to jot down their location before we left home...but DH went over to the guest service area and found our location. While we waited, I took the older kids over to a Photopass photographer to get some pictures…Michael was not too thrilled to participate, but we did get one good one. (I later regret not pulling Margaret from her stroller to attempt a group shot)

image064.jpg

image072.jpg

Then DH got back and directed the kids to the general location to find their tiles. Here is Michael and Mae looking for them:

100_1821.jpg

100_1822.jpg

100_1823.jpg

So that took some time and we were finally on our way into the park…and this is when the great TP for Epcot began to fail…….

Crowds
Time –delays
ETC.

SSE’s line looked too long and Michael did not want to wait and with no apparent “line-help” we skipped it for now. So we headed onward toward SOARIN…once by the pavilion I headed in alone to investigate some ride help for Michael and Margaret. I don’t want to list any details, but a nice CM helped me out and we were able to ride and baby swap w/ Margaret. However it did take quite sometime! After asking and confirming we could do what I hoped I went back out, found everyone, parked Margaret’s stroller w/ the gazillion others and headed back in all together. 1st Grandma waited w/ the baby while the rest of us went on the ride. It wasn’t the shortest wait even in the FP side…I can’t imagine how long it’d be in the stand-by. But we all enjoyed it, Aldine the most. The pictures and graphics were amazing including the smells. I couldn’t quite concentrate fully as I kept looking over at Mae and Michael hoping they were fine. After we got off, which we all agree the very last part was our favorite :mickeyjum we met up w/ Mom and the baby and switched. For the 2nd ride, DH went again with Aldine and my Mom. Michael, Mae and Margaret stayed with me. We found a KidKot area and hanged out there for a while making and coloring shapes, Michael read the signs for a bit and watched the garden restaurant next to us turn, at first he didn’t believe me that the floor was turning. But it was a long wait :hourglass and Margaret was getting quite antsy which in turn made the other two antsy and then of course me. I almost thought this would be the end of the day for Michael if they didn’t get back soon. But luckily Margaret’s antics amused a lovely CM named Dora and that kept her and Mae a bit occupied while I tried to keep Michael calm…wish I had brought in a real book for him…(duh!) But finally after a good 30+ minutes they were back…DH said they waited even longer the 2nd time (and still in the FP line).

So despite the 1 hour + length of time we spent here at least we all did ride SOARIN which was a huge one on our lists and TOP 5’s…but in thinking back I should have known it would still take a long time despite out “help card” and maybe during the 2nd ride, I should have taken the kids to the LK show inside or something…oh well. Learn and revise for the next time, right?;)

But now the schedule on the TP really needed to be tweaked! I don’t have a time written down in my notes but it had to be well after 5:00 pm and we knew no way we had time to make it up into the countries, have dinner look around and get back out again to get back to MK for Spectro…..

We ended up going to The Electric Umbrella for dinner, which turned out ok, with tons of indoor seating we found two nice tables in a back corner and DH went first and ordered for him and the kids and then once they were situated I got my food. We all had our own meals w/ sharing w/ Margaret I can’t remember what everyone had, but I’m pretty sure I had a double bacon cheeseburger and fires or something. Oh yeah pack on the poundage. But I tell you w/out the DDP no way could we have eaten like that and it was good, because we never really had lunch that day just the snacks and such from MSB earlier in the day. We had some good full tummies, but again used up more touring time and we realized we only had roughly a ½ hour of time left….
We went over to the KODAK labs and played around, it was basically empty in there, which was nice. Margaret and Mae really liked the musical carpet squares:

100_1824.jpg

100_1826.jpg

100_1827.jpg

And Michael and Aldine liked the photo changing stations. They messed around with those for a bit and then switched and played on the squares too. (side-note Michael did get a bit agitated when he couldn’t quite get the square to sound like how he thought it should)

100_1829.jpg

100_1835.jpg

Everyone also played by the Figment Conductor boxes

100_1833.jpg

Here is DH getting ready to do a photo morph:

100_1837.jpg

more to come!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that we headed back to the Monorail to the TTC then onto MK. On the Monorail heading into MK we head some delay on the track for a few minutes and then we had to fight our way thru the crowds already lining up for the Spectromagic Parade on MS. I was walking fast and had 2 kids with me while DH had the stroller and one other, Mom held up the rear…I felt a little bad walking super fast and Mom had a little trouble keeping up, but I knew where I wanted to sit and wanted to find a good spot for Mom to sit as well, since on the pavement would be a bit uncomfortable for her.

But we made it into LS and arrived about 7:50 pm ish. We parked ourselves in front of HOP and Mom had a bench in the back. Then DH took the twins over to the HM for a quick ride and waiting distraction, which was great for Michael. We hoped Mae would go too, but she was content to sit with me. So I laid a towel out on the pavement and w/ Mom in the background headed into a couple gift shops. I went in the Christmas Shop and 1 other Americana style ….sorry the names are alluding me. But I bought a 4th of July MM car topper (which DH was a little embarrassed by come the Holiday for me to drive around w/ it on and then I was afraid what if someone stole in….so now it sits downstairs w/ my Disney travel books and a few other souvenirs) plus a 4th of July MM pen and a book on Abe Lincoln for Michael (which he later read that night while waiting for the parade to start).

100_0434.jpg

In the Christmas shop I bought two tin star ornaments w/ MM heads cut of them and a MM reindeer car topper. (sorry those are already w/ the Christmas things have to show you them later)

When I was done, Mom took a quick turn in the shops too, while I had Mae hold her bench spot. By then DH got back with the twins and it started to get dark and fill up even more. I unpacked the glow-bracelets I had brought from home and we began to crack them and then Aldine and Mae passed out several to various kids around us and across from us. One little girl who may have been French? Didn’t quite understand and her Dad had to explain it was a gift, she could keep it. And then a nice CM stopped by and gave us a FREE BOX OF POPCORN! For helping to spread a little MAGIC! pixiedust: Very cool huh?:cool1:

100_1838.jpg

Oh and you know Isaved the box and brought it home!

100_1841.jpg

here are the kids w/ their MMglow-up head wands from 05...smart Mom to bring those again!

And the Parade began:

100_1845.jpg

100_1846.jpg

100_1848.jpg

100_1849.jpg

Margaret really enjoying the show!

100_1850.jpg

100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

100_1858.jpg

100_1863.jpg

100_1868.jpg

100_1871.jpg

100_1874.jpg

100_1881.jpg

100_1882.jpg

100_1885.jpg

I know she’s turned around but there is Mary Poppins (this is for you Heidi)

100_1886-1.jpg

And here is Peter Pan crowing back to my DH!

100_1888.jpg

After the parade, we opted not to stay for Wishes in the park as everyone was getting pretty tired and we were concerned it would be hard for Michael (he’s not a huge fan of fireworks because of the noise) We got out as quick as we could and managed to get back to the Poly as Wishes was just beginning. We made our way down to the beach and finished watching the show from there.

It was very cool; my pictures do not do it justice. But you could hear the music perfectly as they pipe it thru the speakers and even though it’s not as impressive as standing in front of the castle you could still see it all. And not mention when the show was over it was a short, quiet walk back to our resort room.

100_1891.jpg

100_1897.jpg

100_1898-1.jpg

And then after a quick clean up, we all went to bed. So that’s it, the end of Day 3)

Promise to be back w/ more Disney fun soon with the Start of Day 4) at DHS and SWW! May the Force be with you!

That was a long one :thumbsup2 I took notes so I could respond.

I can't wait to go to Laugh Floor again. We were in a test show in 2007 and gave Disney feedback so I can't wait to see what was changed and what stayed.

Thanks for the first hair cut pictures. I've been planning to have Liam's first hair cut there later this month so it was nice to be able to show DH what it's all about.

Love, love, Love that 4th of July car topper. I am so getting one!

I hadn't given much thought to seeing the Spectro parade this trip but if Margaret liked it maybe Liam would enjoy it too. Thanks for my Mary Poppins picture:lovestruc

That was a long one :thumbsup2 I took notes so I could respond.

I can't wait to go to Laugh Floor again. We were in a test show in 2007 and gave Disney feedback so I can't wait to see what was changed and what stayed.

Thanks for the first hair cut pictures. I've been planning to have Liam's first hair cut there later this month so it was nice to be able to show DH what it's all about.

Love, love, Love that 4th of July car topper. I am so getting one!

I hadn't given much thought to seeing the Spectro parade this trip but if Margaret liked it maybe Liam would enjoy it too. Thanks for my Mary Poppins picture:lovestruc

Yes it did take along time to post it all, I think between copying & pasting adding in more thoughts and pictures and trying to make lunch, take Mae to school, etc it was an hour of time....but good time spent!

I can't wait to see Liam's first cut! Hope you luck out like us w/ no wait! Or and you should definetly see the Spectromagic Parade! She watched the whole thing and clapped and oohed and ahhed when people did. It always is a highlight.

I plan to start writing Day 4) over the weekend. so hopefully I can get some more in before you leave.

:hug: Scrappie

GREAT UPDATES!! :thumbsup2

I have never considered going to Laugh Floor... anything we have to sit around for is a problem for Alex. But I think we'll give it a try this time. We'll just mix it in with action rides on either side.

A note about the GAC - Alex could probably deal with a few lines if we planned FPs appropriately, but if you mix in the waiting you have to do for pre-shows and food lines, etc. it would just be way too much. I'm so glad to have that card - it's really what keeps us coming back for more. However, with that said, now that he is getting older he can tolerate a little more so hopefully we'll be able to do more shows this time around. Part of it will depend on his current favorite way to pass time - last October it was DVDs - not something easily accessible in the parks. But now he is really into games and that could work in our favor - if that obsession sticks around for a while. ;)

I love Margaret's first haircut! I wish we had been at WDW when my boys needed theirs.

I don't know if you remembered from my TR from last October, but we encountered a LONG boring wait for Soarin in the FP line too. :confused3

I'm going to add the Kodak Lab to our list of things to do at Epcot - it looks like something my boys would love.

I hope we get to see Spectro (I've never seen it :eek:) - we aren't big parade people - mostly because of Alex - he can't stand the wait. Hopefully he'll be big into card games still and we'll have something easy and portable to keep him occupied. We barely made it through the MNSSHP parade - which was great - but one was enough for that trip. I wish I'd seen Spectro when I went with my mom. :sad2: I guess it will depend on whether we go to a P&PP or not... we'll probably only plan on one parade for the trip. The boys like fireworks though so we may try to see Wishes - again, probably depends if we go to a P&PP or not. I love that you got to watch Wishes from the Poly beach and then just walk to your room.

You guys definitely had a very long day - but you got a lot done too.

Can't wait for more!

PS - We were at WDW last year at this time - it was a week earlier last year, but we were there for Columbus Day weekend.

GREAT UPDATES!! :thumbsup2

I have never considered going to Laugh Floor... anything we have to sit around for is a problem for Alex. But I think we'll give it a try this time. We'll just mix it in with action rides on either side. see the PM I sent you!!!

A note about the GAC - Alex could probably deal with a few lines if we planned FPs appropriately, but if you mix in the waiting you have to do for pre-shows and food lines, etc. it would just be way too much. I'm so glad to have that card - it's really what keeps us coming back for more. However, with that said, now that he is getting older he can tolerate a little more so hopefully we'll be able to do more shows this time around. Part of it will depend on his current favorite way to pass time - last October it was DVDs - not something easily accessible in the parks. But now he is really into games and that could work in our favor - if that obsession sticks around for a while. ;) YES I agree, it could be done w/out but way to HARD! for a child you really has a hard time waiting, I know it is hard for poeple to understnad, when you can't help but think "waiting and lines" when you think WDW, but you know and I know as well as others....I'm glad Disney does such a great job in helping kids and families out like ours!

I'm lucky that Michael likes to READ! and that can save us in many situations.

I love Margaret's first haircut! I wish we had been at WDW when my boys needed theirs. THANKS! I was so happy it worked out!

I don't know if you remembered from my TR from last October, but we encountered a LONG boring wait for Soarin in the FP line too. :confused3

Oh yes I do remeber reading about and thought of it many times....

I'm going to add the Kodak Lab to our list of things to do at Epcot - it looks like something my boys would love. It is a great boredom buster if you need it, and not to mnetion a great place to burn off some steam! just go in the side entrance like walking toward the HISTK
entrance. Oh ps for any stroller Mom's out there, no strollers!

I hope we get to see Spectro (I've never seen it :eek:) - we aren't big parade people - mostly because of Alex - he can't stand the wait. Hopefully he'll be big into card games still and we'll have something easy and portable to keep him occupied. We barely made it through the MNSSHP parade - which was great - but one was enough for that trip. I wish I'd seen Spectro when I went with my mom. :sad2: I guess it will depend on whether we go to a P&PP or not... we'll probably only plan on one parade for the trip. The boys like fireworks though so we may try to see Wishes - again, probably depends if we go to a P&PP or not. I love that you got to watch Wishes from the Poly beach and then just walk to your room.

OH you must really see it one of these times! I just love it. Truly my FAVORITE!!! Maybe try the hold spot and then do a attraction w/ the ______ it worked for us and cut down on the waiting for the kids....have a snack too.

You guys definitely had a very long day - but you got a lot done too.

Can't wait for more!

PS - We were at WDW last year at this time - it was a week earlier last year, but we were there for Columbus Day weekend.

J-

Ok so as I said in my promise I don’t want to keep you hanging for too long here….

IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY….

7 PEOPLE JOURNEYED FROM AFAR TO THE PLANET, "HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS" (FORMALY KNOWN AS MGM) WITH A MISSION TO SEE CHARACTERS AND CREATURES FROM OTHER DISTANT GALAXIES AROUND THE WORLD….

BUT THE WOULD BE EVIL SUN, AND MANY THOUSANDS OF LURKING TOURISTS FILLED THE PASSAGEWAYS CAUSING HEAT, SWEAT, AND FRUSTRATION….

WOULD ARE 7 DISNEY GUESTS MAKE THEIR JOURNEY W/OUT FURTHER DEFEAT?

WOULD THEY MEET ANY STAR WARS FRIENDS OR FOES?

WHAT IS TO AWAIT OUR FRIENDS?

It is now Day 4), Sunday June 8th 2008 and it is the last day of SWW at DHS and that is where we are headed….

We ended up getting off to a late start, with morning wake-up, clean-up and a quick bite to tide us over today and we didn’t end up leaving for the TTC to get a direct bus to the Studios until around 8:50 ish am. UGH!!!! :headache:

Which in turn we didn’t make it to the Studios till about 9:15 am! And the crowds were already present as well as Mr. SUN and his HEAT RAYS!!!!!

This is what greeted us as we headed toward the gates:

100_1903.jpg

100_1906.jpg

100_1907.jpg

And we stopped to do this:

100_1904.jpg

100_1905.jpg

We were pretty siked for the day thinking so far SWW looked good...this will be fun....or would it? :confused3

Once inside we headed toward TOT for me to ride

100_1908.jpg

100_1910.jpg

And everyone else got 2nd Breakfast at Starring Rolls Café! But before we got there, (as we had actually passed it up), we met this fine Hollywood Gent:

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

100_1913.jpg

Both Aldine and Mae got a fancy ring, he and his fellow Hollywood Actors were fun! (Oh and see Michael's excellent shirt he's wearing today? I found that last March at a huge kid resale! :thumbsup2 )

So then I made my way to TOT and basically walked all the way in, hardly a line till in the elevator area. It did slow up here a bit, but not terrible. I did some people watching and conversation snooping (well don’t be shocked it’s hard not too, when you all so close to each other) Though I was surprised by the # of small children in line…don’t people know this ride is called tower of TERROR for a REASON!!:scared1:

I ended up riding w/ a family and their adult children (I hope to be still coming w/ my kids like that!) and some teenage girls which one who had never rode before, she was a bit freaked, needless to say and had no wear to stash her sunglasses so I graciously held on to them for her.

But yes it was super FUN and I had fun screaming with the rest of them. Once off I quickly headed back over to SRC to meet up w/ everyone else and to my dismay they had just started eating their muffins and such. It was crowded and my Mom was still in line. I don’t think this little plan of my was working quite right…

But eventually we got out of there and headed over to TOY STORY MANIA for some fun together!

I’ll leave you with that for now and be back w/ another update soon!

J-

[SIZE="3"
[IMG]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/Dizmama5/image048.jpg[/IMG]
J-[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]I know this was posted awhile ago but that is such a good picture usually there are hundreds of random people looking at you in the background ruining the picture but it seems like you were the only ones there. I reallu like your trip report and your kids are very cute, I love you shots of the Poly! I can't wait to read more[/FONT]

Great update! And so soon... :rolleyes1

The Hollywood Actors looked like fun - love that the girls got rings! I hope we slow down and take in some of the sights this time. We probably would have run right by the actors on our way to ToT - only to find we didn't need to rush. :headache:

Can't wait to hear about TSM!! It's at the top of my MUST SEE list for April. :thumbsup2

I know this was posted awhile ago but that is such a good picture usually there are hundreds of random people looking at you in the background ruining the picture but it seems like you were the only ones there. I reallu like your trip report and your kids are very cute, I love you shots of the Poly! I can't wait to read more

:welcome: ThePin Princess !!

it's never to late to say hi...I really do love this pic too, it's one of the few I have of just DH & I from this trip...it was proably almost 2 am in the morning so hence the lack of crowds, but it turned out awesome. The POLY was blissful, hope someday we could pull that off again.

Great update! And so soon... :rolleyes1

I'm trying....;)

The Hollywood Actors looked like fun - love that the girls got rings! I hope we slow down and take in some of the sights this time. We probably would have run right by the actors on our way to ToT - only to find we didn't need to rush. :headache:

I know I have seen them before, but this was the 1st time we actually stopped w/ them.

Can't wait to hear about TSM!! It's at the top of my MUST SEE list for April. :thumbsup2

It's coming soon! There will be some good tips for all, including Heidi riding w/ Liam!

J-

off to scrap some Disney pages now :goodvibes

It's coming soon! There will be some good tips for all, including Heidi riding w/ Liam!

J-

off to scrap some Disney pages now :goodvibes

OOHH does that mean that there's hope that we don't have to baby swap Toy Story Midway Mania?!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter