• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

08/08/07 Well, Olbia Monkey's Uncle! We're cruisin' on the 10nt Med Cruise!

Excellent, Gina - sounds perfect. :yay: 8:30 is great for us, the train schedule is 8:42, 8:50, 8:58, 9:16 - plenty to hop on when we arrive. I read the same - that you can get a guide there!

Have a great day everyone! Jocelyne

Would you guys have room for 5 more?!

Deb

Deb...it would be wonderful to have you guys ! It would be fun for Jack (11) to have some boys on our tour !! We'll arrange a meeting place. Will you be at the Dis Meet ? :grouphug: GINA

Deb...it would be wonderful to have you guys ! It would be fun for Jack (11) to have some boys on our tour !! We'll arrange a meeting place. Will you be at the Dis Meet ? :grouphug: GINA

I have every intention of being there! Embarkation day at 1600? I will have to find my notes about the specific location; if I'm on the mark!

Deb

We'll try our best to be at the meeting. We'll fly into Barcelona at 2:50p.m from Paris the same day. I hope for a quick check-out at the airport, cab, and quick check-in at DCL counter. If for any reason we miss the meeting, we apologize in advance. By the way, is anyone planning a trip to Herculaeneum?

Welcome MVAN! Which airport are you flying out of? We are flying out of Dulles on 8/6 on BA.

Anyone packing yet?

UMTerp

We are flying out of DCA through Philly straight to Barcelona on US Air on August 6. We will arrive the morning of August 7 and are staying for one night at the Grand Marina. On our return, we are staying an extra day - but staying at the airport hotel and flying home via Amsterdam (where we visit for a few days). Looking forward to meeting you.

Marj

We are flying out of DCA through Philly straight to Barcelona on US Air on August 6. We will arrive the morning of August 7 and are staying for one night at the Grand Marina. On our return, we are staying an extra day - but staying at the airport hotel and flying home via Amsterdam (where we visit for a few days). Looking forward to meeting you.

Marj

What part of Metro DC are you from? We are in Bethesda and are flying out of Dulles on United through Frankfurt.

I have updated the list of cruisers with all the new information I have been provided. If I miss anything, I apologize. Just let me know and I will include it.

It is good to see people making plans with one another and getting to know one another. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and believe it or not, I am going to be the shy one. I do not do well in groups where I do not know people. Hard to believe with the type of job I have, but I am working on it and will try my hardest to relax and not stress out over everything working out. We will just relax and have fun.

Fabulous news! This is great!!!!:banana: Although now Mariah is completely outnumbered!!!:rotfl2:

WELCOME to MVAN!

Have a great day!

Jocelyne:surfweb:

Mariah will just have to be our princess !!
BTW, we will be out-of-town for a week with family at Myrtle Beach, my oldest Grandson is visiting this week, I'm having minor surgery next week, so I can't pack until right before the cruise :rotfl2:

We fly out of PHL Aug 4 and will be at the Hilton in Barcelona ! I can't wait !!! GINA :grouphug:

I am from Alexandria and my friend and her daughter are from Bethesda. I will send you the rest of our information about shore excursions when we finally make up our minds on what we are going to do. We are currently debating whether we should keep our Barcelona one on the afternoon of the 8th or do Barcelona on our own.

Marj (DF) and Chris (DF) and Katie (DD)

Hi Belle 2002! I believe there were some bloggers on the first Med Cruise who did successfully visit Monreale on their own. :thumbsup2 Also, if you go to TripAdvisor, I believe someone posted bus information. You can also go to the Palermo tourism website and look at the bus schedule. There is definetly a public bus that takes you to Monreale from Palermo, although it sounded as if you do make one bus change at the bottom of the hill to Monreale. Also, I did read on TripAdvisor that the public buses to Monreale and Mondello beach do have local pickpockets -- they aren't dangerous, but supposedly they will snatch your wallet if you don't keep your stuff in a safe place. Monreale was recently named the most beautiful cathedral in all of Europe, and I would love to see it, but I don't think our family will have time this trip. So, if you do get to see it (oh, and I also read to pay the extra Euro to get into the cloisters), please take lots of pictures for the rest of us to enjoy!! Good luck!!

We have a Tour of Pompeii & The Amalfi Coast out of Naples on 8/11 booked with DriveAmalfi and they still have Driver/Guides and Vans available if anyone is interested and they can be contacted at info@driveamalfi.com.

We have a Tour of Pompeii & The Amalfi Coast out of Naples on 8/11 booked with DriveAmalfi and they still have Driver/Guides and Vans available if anyone is interested and they can be contacted at info@driveamalfi.com.

Welcome! Would you like your information added to our list of cruisers? See thelink in my signature or post one page one. We are a very friendly group that is getting to know one another and havestarted planning things together.

What part of Metro DC are you from? We are in Bethesda and are flying out of Dulles on United through Frankfurt.

I have updated the list of cruisers with all the new information I have been provided. If I miss anything, I apologize. Just let me know and I will include it.

It is good to see people making plans with one another and getting to know one another. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and believe it or not, I am going to be the shy one. I do not do well in groups where I do not know people. Hard to believe with the type of job I have, but I am working on it and will try my hardest to relax and not stress out over everything working out. We will just relax and have fun.

We are from southern, southern Maryland (anyone ever heard of Point Lookout?). NO airport is convenient, so we'll fly out of my favorite. We leave IAD on 07 AUG on LH, go through FRA, and get to BCN on 08 AUG.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter