• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

07/22/2006 - The Oh-Seven Double-Deuce Double Dip Desperados!

Why can't it be July of this year. We are going crazy since discovering these message boards which is making us really excited about the trip. We are looking into a holiday cruise to tie us over.

Hi Bethipooh4! We haven't been to Disneyland in 8 years! Have never been to California Adventure - so I'm really looking forward to that! My brother-in-law & family lives about an hour from DL. We've been to DL about 8 times - this has been the longest stretch without going. At least I'm getting in my Disney fix for this year - it will hold me over until next year! The only bad thing is that we'll be there before & after the 17th - which will probably make it more crowded than ever! But we usually work our way around the crowds with the fastpass, etc. I'm too excited to worry about crowds!
The cruise seems so far away, but it will be here before we know it! And the week will be gone before we blink our eyes! We went on the 3 night cruise in 2003 for our 25th Anniversary. Had never been on a cruise before - so we thought we'd try it to see if we would like it - well the 3 days went by so fast... I felt I missed so much! But we loved it! My DH just loved CC and the snorkling! We were trying to figure out how to go there 2 times, possibly doing back to back 3 & 4 Night cruises, like some people suggested. Disney must have heard us & took our comments seriously! We went on a 7 day cruise to Alaska on the Princess Sapphire, last August - the 7 day was so much more relaxing & we really enjoyed the ship. Hopefully this will be too! Disney can't be beat when it comes to cruisin!
The kids got out of school on the 16th - the teachers had to go 2 more days - til the 20th. We go back on Sept 6th. I'm originally from Yonkers,NY & we never got out before the 25th of June - so it wasn't too bad this year! Of course we only had 2 snow days to add on. That usually makes a big difference!
My DD is already making our disboard magnets for our doors - I'm looking to get red & white striped shirts for our group for pirate night! We'll see! Sure is fun planning!

Just got back from the 6/18 - 6/25 Magic Cruise to Mexico - where we signed up for the 7/22/06 Double Dip. My in-laws went on the Eastern in 2004, booked the Mexican Riviera for this year (which was my first Disney cruise) and we're all going, with the addition of family friends, next year - 13 of us total.

Really looking forward to it - all the CMs onboard for the Mexico cruise mentioned that they missed CC...so it must be better it to go there twice!

We had a small, but enthusiastic group of DisBoarders (we met at Scoops), but given the group for this cruise, I don't think we'd all fit there!

Rooms for our group: 2116 (MIL and FIL), 2120 (SIL and her family), 2130 (my family)

Less than 13 months!

DBinMV

Did anyone read some of the trip reports from the repositioning cruise DISers - they used "fish extenders" to leave small dollar store type gifts...(and did other cool things I can't recall just now). When it gets closer, I hope we might be able to get a list of room numbers going and some plans for a meet, pirate night etc etc (and I know I am not the only one dying for a glimpse of the Walt Suite)
You guys are great and it is terrific that we can meet this way!
Barb

Welcome to all our new cruisers....

Its been a few days since I have posted a picture..so just to get everyone going.....

Here is the sail away party...

100_0629.jpg

I just saw the date on this thread. This is really really early. We are booked on this cruise as well. It is myself (Donnetta), mother (Helen) and DD (Clarke-who will be almost 13 when we travel). We are about to leave for LA next week as we are also doing the 7/17/05 cruise.

Welcome aboard! :wave:
you can see that we are a small group but we are growing...and it is never too early to start celebrating a cruise that is a year away :rolleyes: :teeth: see ya in cali!!

Bye everyone i'm leaving for california for the celebration, though i am not going on the 17th but the next day. :3dglasses

Have a safe trip and enjoy the park!!!!

Hope you can find some Golden Mickey Ears...WDW was sold out of them while we were there.

I'll be at Disneyland on the 17th. My friends and I are planning on lining up no later than 5 AM. It will be a crazy day, but one to remember I'm sure.

Melissa

Have a wonderful time!! Take lots of pictures to share with us all.

Be sure to catch the fireworks....more specifically, make sure you have a view of both the castle and the Matterhorn during the fireworks. I don't want to give anything else away - but it's a FANTASTIC show.

DBinMV

hi guys, well we made it to cali, and i found out i have internet so , i will be updating my trip!

Our daughter will be 12 too. We're on deck 2. Hope there's a sail away party get together planned so they can all meet. :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter