06/24/2006 - Twice the Magic Trip Report

Day 10 – July 2nd DTD/Sea World – We woke up early this morning as we had a character breakfast at the Nickelodeon restaurant. When we arrived we were seated right away. Some of the characters were already out walking around. The characters for the breakfast included: Tommy, Angelica, Patrick, and Dora. Sponge Bob was upfront and you had to go up and see him separately. We got settled at our table and then headed to the breakfast bar. They had all the usual breakfast foods: eggs, bacon, omelets, donuts, cereal, etc… We grabbed our favorites and headed back to our table. The first to stop by for pictures was Tommy.

IMG_0158.jpg

Next came Dora, my youngest DD use to love Dora but I think she has out grown her. Next they put on a Nick song and the characters/waiters started dancing and singing. Patrick headed by next. Then I took the girls up to see Sponge Bob as there wasn’t a line anymore.

IMG_0161.jpg

Finally all we had left was Angelica and that was when the characters took a break. I told our waitress that we were done and all we needed was Angelica and she told us that the characters have a set path through the dining hall and would get to us when she could (not like Disney where they would bring the missed character right to you :sad1: ).

IMG_0165.jpg

Finally we got to see Angelica and then we headed back to our room. I had made reservations at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique for 11 am and we needed to head over to DTD. If you have DDs you need to take them to this Boutique it is amazing. We got to DTD early (around 10ish) so we had time to shop. The girls went around and picked out a few things and I went to get some new Disney shirts (my old ones were starting to fade). We also needed to pick up some birthday gifts as it was my niece’s birthday when we got back. Finally it was 11 and the girls were brought back to their chairs. I had read on the Disboards about this place and someone recommended the Pop Princess style (you can chose from 3) so that is the one I told them to do. I am glad that I did. This style is amazing. Most of the girls in the store were getting some type of princess style where their hair was put up in a bun and they got a little crown. This is good for girls under 6 but not really for tweens. The Pop Princess is more outrageous as you can see from the pictures. The girls could not see what they were doing to their hair but they could see what the other one was having done.

IMG_0168.jpg

They also got makeup, a lot of glitter (I was still getting out of their hair when I took down their braids yesterday), and fake nails.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

After they finished with their hair they were turned around so they could see their reflections in the mirror. As you can see they were very surprised.

DisneyPhotoImage7.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage13.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

We then headed out of the store and everyone was looking at them. I didn’t see another girl with this style of hair and makeup the whole time we were in DTD. We had planned on going back to the hotel and the pool but decided to head to Sea World instead. The girls didn’t want to get their hair wet and ruin their makeup. It was about 1:30 and so we piled into the car and headed to Sea World. Everyone at Sea World loved their new hairstyles, needless to say they were hard to miss. The skies were starting to get really cloudy but we decided to make a go of it. We bought our tickets and headed to the dolphin show. I hadn’t been to Sea World since I was a kid so it was great to see how the place had changed. The dolphin show was amazing. I heard some people talking about how they had just redone the show to make it more entertaining. It was great. It was hard to see everything as they had a bunch of different stuff going at the same time. They had the dolphins doing jumps and tricks while divers were diving off platforms. Different types of birds were released and flying over our heads throughout the show and they had performers doing things on stages and platforms as well as some wire acts. I really enjoyed this show.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

After the show was over we headed over to see Believe which is the Shamu show. The line for the show was long and we were headed to the end of it when they opened the show for seating. We were right near an entrance and the lady told us to just go on in. What luck, we got great seats right in the center of the theater. It started to really rain while we were waiting for the show but that was OK because we were under a cover. This show was also amazing. It didn’t have as much going on as the Dolphin show but what they did with the whales was outstanding.

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

After the show we went to see some of the other animals they have in the park: stingrays, baby dolphins, sharks, and other animals. My DDs really don’t like rollercoasters so we didn’t try to do any rides. Also, since we didn’t get to the park until 2 we didn’t have much time to do both the shows and the rides. Next we headed over to the “Clyde & Seamore Take Pirate Island” show. This is a funny show with Sea Lions, a Walrus, and an otter. The mime that comes out before the show is amazing. He is down at the front “helping” people into the show. If you go to this show make sure you get there early enough to see him as he is a riot. The Clyde and Seamore show is also very good but people around us were saying that it is outdated. Since I don’t remember it from the last time I was there, I really enjoyed it.

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

At the end of the show they tell you to come back for the evening show called “Sea Lions Tonight!” where they recap all the shows at Sea World. Of course we had to come back for that show as well. Again if you are at Sea World make sure you go and see this show, it is very funny. They dress up like the different trainers/performers from the other Sea World show and use the Sea Lions, Walrus, and otter to act them out. The mime is also involved. I don’t think we stopped laughing through this whole show.

By 9:30 we were all very tired and done for the day. We started heading out of the park. The fireworks show had begun, so we watched it as we left (we didn’t want to get caught in the traffic on the way out of the park). By the time we reached our car the fireworks were finishing. The smoke from the show started spreading across the parking lot and car alarms were sounding from the fireworks that made the loud booming sound. It was pretty funny. Once we found our car through all the smoke we climbed in and headed back to the hotel. We were all very tired. We took the girls hair down and washed off the glitter the best we could and called it a night.

End of Day 10

Susan,

Great report!!! We really do miss all of you--as you stated before, making friends with all of our group really did make this cruise something special. Anyone up for another in 2008?

John

Day 11 – July 3rd Chillin’ at the Nickelodeon Hotel

Today was the last day of our vacation and we decided to just chill out at the hotel pool, I mean the reason we wanted to stay at this hotel was to try out the pool. After the long day at Sea World yesterday we were all pretty tired so we slept in till about 9:30. The kids got up and watched some TV while my DH and I started packing the bags. Around 10:30 we put on our suits and headed to the pool. The pool area is huge. It is laid out in a sort of L shaped pattern. The slide tower is at the short end of the L and a wading pool and deeper area are on the long end of the L.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

There is also a little stage area on the side of the long L end which is where they put on slime shows. They select kids from the pool area to participate in games which involve slime. It was pretty fun to watch. There is also a basketball court and putt-putt course that lines the pool area. They have a snack shop where you can order food and drinks and this is also where the bathrooms are located.

It was already pretty crowded and most of the chairs were taken. I lucked out that a family was leaving near the slides so we put our stuff down and the girls headed to the big slide tower. I put on suntan lotion as it was the last day to work on my tan before heading back to work. It was very hot out already and it didn’t take long for me to jump into the pool. I headed into the pool area where they had the water sprayers and the deep water (around 6ft). After cooling off I headed over to the slides to meet up with the girls.

0045782-R1-022-9A.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

There were long lines for the slides but they moved pretty well. I tried out all the slides (they weren’t as fast as I thought they would be) and then headed back to my chair to rest. My DH came down and took the girls to the mall for food. A waitress finally made it around to our chairs so I ordered a Mai Tai and some food. The Mai Tai was really good.

We spent the next few hours just laying around and playing in the pool. The girls only did the slides for a short time because they didn’t like having to wait in line. Around 2ish the skies clouded over and it started to rain. We packed up our stuff and headed to the room. We all took showers and decided to hit DTD again and see a movie. I also needed to pick up a birthday gift for my niece and we had forgotten to get our pictures from the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique day. We stopped at the theater and decided to go see Nacho Libre. It was a cute movie and the girls really liked it. After the movie we headed over to Rainforest Café to see if there was a long wait for dinner. It was around 7 so I was thinking if we could get in by 8 that would be enough time to shop and get back for dinner. Well the wait was 3 hours so we decided to head for McDonalds.

After dinner we did some shopping and then found the place that had the pictures that Disney takes using the photo cards. We looked at the pictures and really liked them so we bought the CD. On the way back to the car we stopped by the Christmas store. Every time we have been to Disney we purchase a Xmas ornament for the tree that has Disney on it with the date. I wanted to get one for this visit as I forgot to purchase one on the ship.

We headed back to the hotel to finish packing and to get ready for bed. Our flight the next morning was around 11.

End of Day 11.

Day 12 – July 4th Time To Go Home

We woke up early this morning and called down stairs for a porter to help us with our bags. The girls got dressed and packed their backpacks for the plane ride. The porter came up and loaded our bags on his cart. My DH and the porter headed to the car while I made one last check of the room. I did TV checkout so I wouldn’t have to go to the front desk. We gathered our stuff and headed to the car. By the time we got to the car my DH had done a great job again of getting all of our stuff into this “SUV” that we had gotten from Budget. We piled in the car and headed to the airport. We arrived with about 1 ½ before our flight so we had plenty of time to check our bags and get some lunch. The flight was full but we found seats together. The flight was uneventful. We arrived in Baltimore on time and headed to our car. We drove home and spent the rest of the day unpacking and starting the laundry.

This is pretty much the end of my trip report. We had a great vacation. Of the things that I brought and did on the cruise here is my list of musts:

• Bringing an extra suitcase with you to put all your souvenirs in
• Using a glow stick in the bathroom as a night light
• Bringing an envelope of one dollar bills to have handy for tipping on room service
• Decorating the door was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed it
• Having a white eraser board on the door so the family can let everyone know where they were
• Using hanging clothes pins for drying the suits
• Using suction cup hooks for hanging cover-ups and other things around the room.
• Bringing iTune cards for the kids club counselors
• Bringing air freshener for the bathroom (really used by the DH!!)
• Ordering gift baskets through Shirley for the DDs
• Bringing small scissors to cut off tags and other things
• Bringing ziplock bags for all the little things
• Allowing my DDs to check themselves in and out of the clubs allowed by DH and I time to hang out with our new friends and have a relaxing vacation
• And the number one thing: Meeting friends from the Disboards can turn a good vacation into a great vacation. The families that we met on the boards and hung out with on the ship really made this vacation special

Well that is the end of our trip. I hope you enjoyed it and hopefully we will be back in 2008 for a reunion cruise with our new friends from the Disboards.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I finally got a chance to read the rest of your trip report. I loved reading it and seeing all of your pictures. Hopefully we can all cruise together again. We all had a really great time with your family! Don't forget to call me when you get to Vegas!

I loved your report. And, those were fantastic pictures too. Made me relive our cruise of last year. Oh, we had a rollicking good time!

I cant wait to go on my first ever cruise, Im so excited.
How is Nassau Bahamas? We are a family of 4 (me(mom)34,DH 36,DD 10,DD 11 at the time of the trip. What should we do in the Bahamas. pirate: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter