05/24-05/31/14 - The Disney Fantasy, (Bob) Marley and Me on The FANTASTICAL VOYAGE!

Hey John :) ~ This may have already been discussed, but can please tell me if there is a rough date of when the FE group "assignments" will happen? I have ideas and am hoping to get a jump start as some of the ideas will take a bit of time. Also, I'll need to know the demograohics (i.e. adults vs, kids) for some items. Thanks :thumbsup2

Hey Kathy,

This is the one of the things about the job I dislike, trying to find balance of closing the FE list so we can split the groups vs keeping it open for all the people that don't find us until close to sailing. The prior lists were closed 6 weeks before sailing I think, which worked out pretty well. This would put the closing date at April 12th. Making it that Sunday (4/13) at midnight would mean I could have the groups defined on April 15th.

I know that can be short notice, but can you do some up front work now, and leave personalization until later? Doesn't help with gender/age specific gifts I know, but I hate closing off too soon. BTW - on our cruise two weeks ago, people were looking to have the list closed in APRIL! I thought 7 months was just a LITTLE BIT too early. I wasn't in the FE group for this cruise, but they didn't close the groups until about 6 weeks out and allowed newcomers up until about a week and a half out.

I'm going to put a note on the FE Exchange spreadsheet with this date for now and we can revisit after the New Year.

If anyone has any other ideas, let me know.

I don't have cabin numbers for the following folks that are participating in the FE Exchange. If you are GTY, IGT, OGT or VGT, please let me know so I'll know that we're waiting on your cabin assignment and not just waiting on you to get the number to me.

Thanks,
John

AbsyBabsy
mhopkins2910
pixie*duster
bearley

I don't have cabin numbers for the following folks that are participating in the FE Exchange. If you are GTY, IGT, OGT or VGT, please let me know so I'll know that we're waiting on your cabin assignment and not just waiting on you to get the number to me.

Thanks,
John

AbsyBabsy
mhopkins2910
pixie*duster
bearley

We're GTY. When we first booked, we had an OV but then immediately changed to veranda. So I will be sure and let you know as soon as I do!

Thanks,
Misty
pixie*duster

Who: Mike (45/DH), Kate (46/DW), Rob (17/DS), Cole (12/DS), Matt (6/DS)
Stateroom(s): 12506
Celebration(s): Nothing specific........always a celebration when on a Disney Cruise
Dining: Late
Participate in FE: YES
Prior Disney Cruises: This will be our 3rd Fantasy cruise, 5th Disney cruise.
A few words about you and your group: The kids love the clubs and Kate and I love getting a nice glass of wine or drink in the adult areas. Really looking forward to the dolphin experience on Cozumel at Dolphinaris.

Well, I think I've pieced together that your mom is Patt, of username PattPug! Either that, or you and your mom are sharing a room with another 65-year old female!!! :rotfl:

Please take a look at your profile in an hour or so (mass updates being made), and let me know of any further changes. Appreciate it!

Lol, thanks for making that catch. I've been in a cave this past month preparing for my thesis defense (which I passed this week!). Yes, Patt is my mom. Thanks to you and JohnPA for all the work you are doing on the group!

Hi all,

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. For those who have used the Navigator app, did the menus section include menus for Cabanas dinner offerings?

2. X-Men Days of Future Past opens on the 23rd of May and will be in theatres while we are on the Fantasy. Any idea if it will premiere on the ship?

Celebration(s): Nothing specific........always a celebration when on a Disney Cruise
A few words about you and your group: The kids love the clubs and Kate and I love getting a nice glass of wine or drink in the adult areas. Really looking forward to the dolphin experience on Cozumel at Dolphinaris.

:welcome: Got you on the spreadsheet!

Hi all,

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. For those who have used the Navigator app, did the menus section include menus for Cabanas dinner offerings?

2. X-Men Days of Future Past opens on the 23rd of May and will be in theatres while we are on the Fantasy. Any idea if it will premiere on the ship?

Johnathan: Not much help I'm afraid.

1. I didn't look for Cabanas dinner menus while on board, and can't see anything when you're off board.

2. Since X-Men: Days of Future Past is a 20th Century Fox production, it won't be shown on board. Only Disney properties are shown. If you come in a day early, you can probably catch it at the AMC Downtown Disney theater if you're staying at WDW.

Lol, thanks for making that catch. I've been in a cave this past month preparing for my thesis defense (which I passed this week!). Yes, Patt is my mom. Thanks to you and JohnPA for all the work you are doing on the group!

Oh . . . and GRATZ on the thesis defense. What's next?

Got you added to page 1 the other day, and didn't welcome you yet....sooooo.......

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Oh . . . and GRATZ on the thesis defense. What's next?

I was fortunate enough to be offered a full-time faculty position at my school- it's nice to have a job waiting! Doctoral program starts in the fall, so the cruse will be a nice respite in-between.

Thanks for your responses to my questions. I suspected that X-men wouldn't be offered due to the studio, but I had hoped!

DIS Name: Hillfam, which will automatically change to Team Hillman when we set sail!
Sweetie - In theory, I am 30/DW
First Sgt - lost count of his age/DH
Q2 - pre-teen going on 40/DS
PNut - depends what day it is/DS
Stateroom: 6082
Celebration(s) During the Cruise: Life, Love, and Family
Dining: Late (hopefully that will change)
Partipate in FE: ABSOLUTELY YES!
Prior Disney Cruises/ships: Wonder - 2009
A few words about you and your group: It feels good to escape to a magical place with no worries! Just to be a kid again for 7 days......

So, doing some cleaning, and preparing for Christmas décor. I realized to what extent we are Disney nerds. We have about 6 or 7 frames in one of our bedrooms that were purchased at parks, on a cruise, or DD. Only one of them has a genetic family pic in it. The rest have the pics that came of them of the rest of our family----Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, etc. But then again, they must be genetic family because Disney is in our blood!!!!

DIS Name: Hillfam, which will automatically change to Team Hillman when we set sail!
Sweetie - In theory, I am 30/DW
First Sgt - lost count of his age/DH
Q2 - pre-teen going on 40/DS
PNut - depends what day it is/DS
Stateroom: 6082
Celebration(s) During the Cruise: Life, Love, and Family
Dining: Late (hopefully that will change)
Partipate in FE: ABSOLUTELY YES!
Prior Disney Cruises/ships: Wonder - 2009
A few words about you and your group: It feels good to escape to a magical place with no worries! Just to be a kid again for 7 days......

:welcome: Got you guys on the spreadsheet. Gonna be a little tough personalizing FE gifts with those names and ages - but I guess they'll do! :rotfl:

I guess I was a little vague!.....lol

My name is Monique
DH - Quincy
DS - Quincy, II - age 12
DS - Bryce - age 7

Thanks!

Originally Posted by golfermike35 View Post

Welcome to my fellow AZ cruisers.- My daughter has started her first year up there at GCU.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter