• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

05/09/2009 May 9, 2009 7-Night Eastern St Maarten... Watch Out!

Well this is my last post from home. We are all packed and ready to go. We get into MCO at 3:20. This trip is going to be so fun I cant wait! Safe travel to you all and we will see you tomorrow on that boat!

:woohoo::cheer2::cool1:We are locking the doors and turning off the lights out West. We will see everyone tomorrow!!! :thumbsup2:banana:

Hey all we are here and have spent the night in the pool. We are now back in our room taken a bath and getting ready for bed. See you all at the port tomorrow!!!!!

Had a BLAST at the Magic Kingdom yesterday!!! Now we are on the magical express back to the airport and then to the DCL bus!!! Yeah!!!:thumbsup2

My daughter and I spent the day at Jetty Park Beach and stood on the pier waving as you pulled out of port today! Here are some pictures.

jettyparkMay2009121.jpg

jettyparkMay2009117.jpg

jettyparkMay2009108.jpg

jettyparkMay2009111.jpg

jettyparkMay2009107.jpg

jettyparkMay2009112.jpg

I wish I had zoomed in on the people on deck 10 who were waving like mad -- It might have been someone on this disboard! We sure wish we were going with you! Have a great cruise!

I have some friends sailing with you. Saturday they went to board and discovered that they had forgotten their birth certificates.
DCL told them if someone from back home could scan and email them, they would accept the copies. They had family scrambling to locate and send the email copies!
They made it aboard with minutes to spare before sailing! :scared1:

I just wanted to post and say that we had a WONDERFUL time sailing for the first time on the beautiful Disney Magic!! It was pleasure finally meeting most of you! We loved it so much...we went ahead and booked for a 2010 cruise while onboard!!! Anyways... see all of you soon here on the boards :thumbsup2

My daughter and I spent the day at Jetty Park Beach and stood on the pier waving as you pulled out of port today! Here are some pictures.

jettyparkMay2009121.jpg

jettyparkMay2009117.jpg

jettyparkMay2009108.jpg

jettyparkMay2009111.jpg

jettyparkMay2009107.jpg

jettyparkMay2009112.jpg

I wish I had zoomed in on the people on deck 10 who were waving like mad -- It might have been someone on this disboard! We sure wish we were going with you! Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the pictures! Great to see "our" boat leaving port :) We got home a few hours ago and am unpacking ... very sad :guilty:

Hi all - I can't believe how sleepy I am since I have been home. We had an "uneventful" trip home today - 9 hours worth. As some of you know, my mom is at my house taking care of YachtSea, our poodle. She had dinner ready when we got home. (Not quite as nice as Disney, but at least I didn't have to cook it.) Then I dropped right off to sleep. I have not unpacked a thing. Oh well.

Cal and I had a great time and loved meeting so many of you. I am wondering how long we can keep this meet thread going.

Back home now..and still unpacking. Can't believe our vacation is over....:sad2: Had lots of fun and it was great meeting some of you. Too bad couldn't meet all of you though.

Jeremy (MouseNDaHouse)- Tell Hannah we're sorry that Brandon kept on putting sand in her seashell bucket. He just wanted to play with her. ;) Thanks again for the arm floaties! I'm sure Brandon will be able to use them...he's soooo skinny. :rolleyes:

Steve and Amy (airtime247)- Thanks so much for letting us use the float! Brandon loved pushing it around....he was scared of getting on it though. Hahaha.

j2bmickey- That was pretty funny on the elevator! I was like...huh?? How does he know I'm from Houston??!!! Do I have it written on my forehead? :rotfl: See...the description I gave was pretty good eh? Short asian girl with 2 little boys... ;)

YenSid1222- Seriously?! More gifts?! :goodvibes

Anyway, we had lots of fun! Thanks again to all those who participated in the FE gift trading. We loved all the gifts! They were awesome!!! :thumbsup2

I'm sooooo sad that it is all over... But all good things really do have to come to an end. We had a fabulous time and my grandmother (who has been about every line) Says that this was one of the best cruises and food that she has ever had. I got to meet a few of you but I wish that I could have gotten to meet more.

The FE exchange was a blast and I think that it went really well. Thanks to everyone for your hard work and thoughtfulnesss in your gifts. I loved coming back and finding all the gifts at the end of the day,

Well I am at Kadani Village tonight even though we planning on driving back tonight. We were both really tired after taking my grandmother to the Sanford airport and getting up so early.

Back home now..and still unpacking. Can't believe our vacation is over....:sad2: Had lots of fun and it was great meeting some of you. Too bad couldn't meet all of you though.

Jeremy (MouseNDaHouse)- Tell Hannah we're sorry that Brandon kept on putting sand in her seashell bucket. He just wanted to play with her. ;) Thanks again for the arm floaties! I'm sure Brandon will be able to use them...he's soooo skinny. :rolleyes:

Steve and Amy (airtime247)- Thanks so much for letting us use the float! Brandon loved pushing it around....he was scared of getting on it though. Hahaha.

j2bmickey- That was pretty funny on the elevator! I was like...huh?? How does he know I'm from Houston??!!! Do I have it written on my forehead? :rotfl: See...the description I gave was pretty good eh? Short asian girl with 2 little boys... ;)

YenSid1222- Seriously?! More gifts?! :goodvibes

Anyway, we had lots of fun! Thanks again to all those who participated in the FE gift trading. We loved all the gifts! They were awesome!!! :thumbsup2

Hannah was FINE with Brandon pooring sand in her bucket - I have explained that it is just the first of many times a boy will bug her to show he cares! ;)

We just got home and I have every intention of keeping this thread going for quite a while - there are far too many of you I hope to keep in touch with and see again...as soon as possible.

I will post more tomorrow, but just know that this was easily one of the greatest experiences of my life and I have all of you to thank for that.
You'll hear more from me tomorrow as I said.
Much love!
J

Hannah was FINE with Brandon pooring sand in her bucket - I have explained that it is just the first of many times a boy will bug her to show he cares! ;)

We just got home and I have every intention of keeping this thread going for quite a while - there are far too many of you I hope to keep in touch with and see again...as soon as possible.

I will post more tomorrow, but just know that this was easily one of the greatest experiences of my life and I have all of you to thank for that.
You'll hear more from me tomorrow as I said.
Much love!
J

I just wrote "pooring" - Jeez, I'm tired. I'm going to "pour" myself into bed VERY shortly.

Hi all - I can't believe how sleepy I am since I have been home. We had an "uneventful" trip home today - 9 hours worth. As some of you know, my mom is at my house taking care of YachtSea, our poodle. She had dinner ready when we got home. (Not quite as nice as Disney, but at least I didn't have to cook it.) Then I dropped right off to sleep. I have not unpacked a thing. Oh well.

Cal and I had a great time and loved meeting so many of you. I am wondering how long we can keep this meet thread going.

Tell Cal that I'll email him that pin information I told him about. I sure had a super time and my daughter left the ship looking happy and healthy ... the best she has looked in over a year!! It did her a world of good and of course that made me very happy. She loved the Disney cruise so much that she is planning to come east again next March for another one. My husband and I will be on the Magic again in September and October and I can't wait.

Off to the BC for work this morning ... now it's my turn to make everybody's Disney vacation magical!

we are sad to no longer be on the ship! We had a blast! This was our first 7 night cruise and we were so impressed with the staff and service!

The French in-laws had a fantastic time. The staff on the Magic did a wonderful job at making them feel at home. We had French speaking servers, French speaking staff in the kid clubs, a special galley tour in French, and the chef even came out to speak to us one night! They were very impressed. There was hardly no language barrier. They even enjoyed the theater shows, despite not understanding the words. They knew the tunes to the songs and it was enough. The only issues I had were nudity a couple times (the adults understood to be modest in front of Americans, but the kids never) and a couple times when they tended to talk over someone giving a presentation because they didn't understand the person was giving a presentation and not just chatting with people.

The kids loved the Fish Extender gifts (and so did we) and couldn't get over all the goodies. Thanks so much to everyone for their generousity! I'm so glad we signed up. After having been through it once now, I now understand it better. We will do it again next time.

I hope everyone else had a great time, as well!

Valerie

Thank you everyone for being so wonderful to all of my family... Allie had a blast. She was so tried that she sleep all the way home on our flight back. Thanks for all of the great FE Gifts she loved getting all of the great surprises. Cal and Debbie it was wonderful meeting you both. Cal hope that you enjoyed a little bit of our Cajun Music on the way home. Scott, Jeff and Ken great meeting all of you. Jeff and Ken hope you had a great time for your birthdays. DisneyMommy1022 thanks for everything. It was great meeting all of you. If any of you are ever in New Orleans please give me a shout. I am a great tour guide. (lguidroz@cox.net). this was my first Disney Cruise but it won't be my last one. Well I have finished unpacking, washing clothes and ironed everthing and now it is time for me to sit and look at my 1400 pictures that I took... I will be checking the board and trying to keep in touch with all of you. Again thanks for everything I wish we could have meet more of you...
DisneyKricket
Linda Guidroz
lguidroz@cox.net

Until we Meet Again!!!!

Hi Everyone,

We finally got home after a 15 hour drive. Nice to be home and see the kitties.

It was great to meet so many nice people. The FE's were very cool....even if I did finish ours on board! My parents had a blast, and my dad - Brent - enjoyed our server - Mehendra - calling him the cruise director the whole cruise.

Ok going to procrastinate, then get something washed for the girls to wear to school tomorrow.

We miss you all already! Let's do it again soon!!!!

Take care,
Bonnie, Gerry, Morgan and Emma (and Lorraine and Brent)

Well we finally have most of the unpacking and laundry done. It was pretty depressing but helped that we had a couple of new music CD's to help out. :thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone for the awesome FE gifts. Some of you are waaayyy to crafty. :worship: The kids (young and grownup) got a big kick out of seeing the new pirate booty each day.

I also apologize for switching Ka-chow and our room numbers. :sad2: What a putz, I hope it didn't cause too much confusion. Rest assured that everyone received their proper gifts.

It was great to meet the people we did and wish we could have met more.

Steve (1stime74) : I still have the cigar, but I guess it will be a little difficult to set up a smoke session now. I will get you on the next trip. ::yes::

Josie (vtinkerbell) : Thanks for the glow bracelets on pirate night. :thumbsup2

Steve (airtime247) : Thanks again for the website work. We saw a group of CC 5k'ers but I didn't spot you. Did you end up running?

chubbyjen : Our kids were a little taken also. I have a confession that DW had already pointed you out so I knew the picture was a match. :rolleyes1

Dilma : It was great that you guys were like our pixie dust and kept popping up. It helped that our dining tables were close. :wizard:

lyn9856 : Hopefully I wasn't too much of the obnoxious American (which I can be) when I knocked on your door that first day. Also thanks for holding the door when I had the arm full of sodas.

Moebear : If you wouldn't have mentioned beer at CC, I might have noticed that you also had a bracelet on. :rotfl2:

Jeremy : I saw you several time across the pool or a couple of decks below but never seemed to get in the same spot. :confused3

ufcabear : Our second bag of pixie dust that was fun to run into many times. :wizard:

Yensid : It was close but we managed a quick chat before heading off. :goodvibes

And finally, many thanks to Scott, Kristen, and everyone else who helped organize and distribute the many aspect of this cruise. :yay::woohoo::yay:

Ok, I sound like I am at an awards show so I will sign off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter