04/28 Podcast - Bob Varley

My dh and I have only been on the Disboards for a few years but have heard Pete and others speak so fondly of Bob Varley. We really enjoyed the stories and videos of and about him. It was a nice way to remember someone that meant so much to all of you. Thank you for sharing.

Bob seemed like a great dude and while I never listened when he was alive, I’ve gone back and listened to some of the older stuff with Bob. Always a joy to hear. I’m glad they keep his memory alive with episodes like this and the studio’s name.

And for those who never heard it, the Best of Bob episode from just after he died is essential for every DIS Unplugged fan. 5/20/08.

Just need to get the links to the "Best of Bob" show and the 2011 Bob Memorial show fixed. They don't work on my end and I love going back to listen to those, especially at this time of year. I didn't find the podcast until early 2012, so going back to "meet" Bob has always been a joy.

Thank you Pete and company for letting us get to know about this interesting man. The podcast was an excellent tribute, as most of us on the dis probably haven't heard the story. I always wondered why your studio was called The Bob Varley studio, and now I know:) Thank you !

Great episode. I can't believe it's been that long. Then again, I can't believe I've been listening that long either! Thanks for the fantastic memories. Ya, I still miss those days......

Bob seemed ahead of his time coming up with the idea of strapping a video camera to his ECV and filming in the parks that way. :scratchin

Yes,thank you for sharing. I especially enjoyed when he was at the park. While he was funning with the cast members, poking them with his light saber, reminded me of my uncle Bob. It made me smile. : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter