• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

03/30/08 4 night Wonder, 30th March 2008

Wayne, your magnets from 2005 look fabulous:cheer2: I showed them to Adam and now we are off to walmart for supplies.

I also looked for those chocolates on the disney gifts site but didn't see anything similar.

Wayne those chocolates and bubbly look wonderful! My folks are celebrating onboard, their anniversary is April 1st and I would like to surprise them with somethng like that, where do I go to order it?

Can't see the chocs this year :confused3 http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/myCruise/giftsLanding?name=AmenitiesAndGiftsLandingPage
This is what Disney provide but there is also the store Shirley owns, she is a Dis member http://theperfectgift.cc/ You have probably come across her on here sometime.

Welcome Bev and family!:) I have a dd 14 and a ds 10. We are also traveling with neighbors who have a dd 13 abd a ds 10. Another family has a ds 11 and a ds 8.
We had snow last weekend but only 5 inches. Looking forward to the sunshine. Dh just said he is not bringing any warm clothes no matter what.:)

Wayne, your magnets from 2005 look fabulous:cheer2: I showed them to Adam and now we are off to walmart for supplies.

I also looked for those chocolates on the disney gifts site but didn't see anything similar.

Thank you.
Just updated the info page, I missed Victoria and Adam's names. Have a look and make sure your info is now correct.
www.astersflorist.co.uk

yup no chocs:mad:

Hi Denise,

I just went on Wayne's website and it looks like alot of kids around the same age. I just started packing my clothes and I am trying not to take warm clothes but I am having a hard time not putting in all my warm sweats. Hard to believe that this time next week I will be in Florida. :yay:

Welcome Bev and family!:) We had snow last weekend but only 5 inches. Looking forward to the sunshine. Dh just said he is not bringing any warm clothes no matter what.:)

Had email from my Brother this evening, he has been in Orlando for conferences this past week, says he will be glad to get home, no sunshine all week. He does not like theme parks so he went for work and sunshine, at least he will have got more work done than he expected.:goodvibes

Wayne,
Thanks for making the list on your website. If you get a chance could you add my ds 10 (William) to it? dd 14 is named Elizabeth. My dh's name is Chuck. We are getting to be a large group so it is a big help.:)

Bev and Wayne,
It looks like you guys will be the first to arrive in Orlando. You will have to report in if you can.

Denise

Wayne, thanks for putting the list together. It was fun to see all the ages of the kids - my girls were excited to see that, yes, there would be kids their age (they are so funny!) :goodvibes Am looking forward to meeting all of you!! Pray for good weather!!

Updated names. I knew I would miss someone, Sorry William:goodvibes

We have had so much trouble the past 24 hours trying to sort Daniels cruise docs. With his Parent or Legal guardian not cruising there is a form to fill in and signed, then witnessed by a Notary Public. We rang DCL for info, they said a bank would be the place to go. Not in UK, eventually we have found somewhere it can be done but its a lot of hassle (no idea on cost).
Can't believe we can take him to US and back with no problems but to go on a 4 day cruise its difficult. We don't have this hassle to get passports in UK, they only have to be witnessed by someone who has known you for 2 years can be dentist, doctor, funeral director, list is endless.
I think its very extreme for a cruise but has to be done.
7 days from now we will just be landing in Orlando:banana:

Wayne, good luck getting all of that sorted out, I think it's so nice that you all let your son have a friend travel along, my DD is just getting of the age where she is starting to ask if her friend can go EVERYWHERE we do, I feel like I have a newly adopted daughter!! Lol!!

Well, I can't believe we are finally getting down to the last week or two. :goodvibes We are already thinking about re-booking another cruise while we are onboard to get the onboard room credit and 10% discount.

Anyone else thinking of rebooking yet? It's so darn addiciting! :rolleyes:

Wayne- That was SO great of you to put that list together of everyone's names and ages etc. Our girls are Cassidy (6), Gabrielle (4) and Emily (9 months) We are Carl and Carrie and too old to list our ages, HA! Looking forward to seeing everyone in less than two weeks! We leave this Thursday, we are driving from Michigan to Marco Island, then over to the cruise, YAY!

I love your door magnets, this is our first Disney cruise so I am so ignorant to everything, where do you get the cool supplies to make them? Thanks Wayne. I think our girls would be SO excited if we made them some magnets for the door! Is cruising Disney really as great as everyone is raving about? We have done RCCL and Norwegian in the past and loved it. How often do people get motion sickness? I was thinking about getting some Dramimine or something from the Dr. Thanks again! Cannot wait! It has been the longest winter ever here! See everyone soon...Carrie.:cool1:

Will update names tonight.:goodvibes
Done 3 Disney cruises no motion sickness. Done 1 RCCL (Sovereign of The Seas) and I was not good:sick: bought something onboard which helped (Bonine?) I think Disney ships must have a much better stabalising system.
For the magnets just messed with Microsoft Word, printed laminated and cut the shapes then bought self adhesive roll of strip magnet. this is a large roll, but we bought a small one http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGNET-MAGNETIC...ryZ28103QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you like Disney parks then you will love Disney cruising. Soon find out:goodvibes

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the great list.

Please add my DD name is Rachael.

Did I miss any information on a place and time for the meet and greet?

This is going to be so much fun. On our other cruises, the "group" decided to wear beads or lei's on board so that we could identify one another more easily.

Wayne: Thanks for compiling a list of folks on this thread. I had been writing some of that info on a notepad with intentions of doing the same thing. Thanks for saving me the trouble. I do have a DGS who is 6; but to include him you'd have to widen the field. That's what we get for bringing eight grandkids!

Carrie: Wal-Mart, Target, and some office supply stores carry Avery Magnet Sheets (#3270) that will feed through an ink jet printer. You'll find so many ways to use them! Just don't use good scissors on those thick sheets when you cut out images.

Just think, two weeks from today we'll be in Nassau.:cool1:

Jackie

Did I miss any information on a place and time for the meet and greet?

This is going to be so much fun. On our other cruises, the "group" decided to wear beads or lei's on board so that we could identify one another more easily.

I have meet down for 3pm at Goofy pool (sure thats what I read in previous posts) unless anything else is decided. Please don't have me wearing beads, just look on my website for pics of me, you can't miss me.:lmao:

Updated names. Anything else needs adding or changing just shout out, it only takes seconds to do. www.astersflorist.co.uk

I can't believe it is only four more days. Well guess what's happening here in Newfoundland again tonight and tomorrow. Yes, another major snow storm. Another 50 cm coming. Kids will be off school again tomorrow. I hope it stops snowing soon so I can get off the island on Friday.

We took the advice on Comfort Suites at Nassau (I believe Liz mentioned it) and booked it tonight. It is a fabulous deal for $199 and all four of us can use Atlantis Aquaventure Park. This is alot cheaper than booking it through Disney Cruise. I hope it all works out o.k. We did call the hotel directly to make sure it was all on the up and up. They said we would have full access to the park.

See everyone soon!:flower3:

Looking good for Toy Story, guests on March 20th should be 1st to see it:)

Yay!! I'm so excited, sure hope we are one of the first to see it!
:jumping1:

We took the advice on Comfort Suites at Nassau (I believe Liz mentioned it) and booked it tonight. It is a fabulous deal for $199 and all four of us can use Atlantis Aquaventure Park. This is alot cheaper than booking it through Disney Cruise. I hope it all works out o.k. We did call the hotel directly to make sure it was all on the up and up. They said we would have full access to the park.

We are really looking forward to Aquaventure too! :beach: Sorry about your cold weather :cold: but you will be in Florida very soon, just to get you a little excited, it was sunny and 80 degrees here today! :sunny: Not much longer now! :woohoo:

Hi there Bev and Family, We too booked the Comfort Suites for the $199/night to have full access to the Atlantis Water Park. Someone mentioned this and it sounds like a great way to save some dollars! They even said we can check in at like 9 a.m. to get our wristbands if we want to to use all of the activities... Cannot wait! Hope that it all works out OK! See you all on the ship...take care only a few more days! Carrie:cool1:

Hi there Bev and Family, We too booked the Comfort Suites for the $199/night to have full access to the Atlantis Water Park. Someone mentioned this and it sounds like a great way to save some dollars! They even said we can check in at like 9 a.m. to get our wristbands if we want to to use all of the activities... Cannot wait! Hope that it all works out OK! See you all on the ship...take care only a few more days! Carrie:cool1:

We were wondering if we could check in early and get our wristbands. That's great.

Does anyone know if you can change your dinner seating when you get on the cruise? The early sitting was all taken when we booked. I believe I read somewhere that you can put in a request when you board. We are not used to eating that late but maybe that will work out o.k. on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter