• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

03/29/08, March 29, 2008 Eastern Magic - Who else?

Hi Everybody we are still with you on the cruise. Kids were sick, PTSA had me running for the last couple of weeks and then FCAT. But we are getting suitcases down soon and starting to get thing pulled out.

We want to still do the fish extenders too if it's not to late. We are in room 2584 and 2586. And our friends are in 7048. We have late dining and are sitting at the same table.

CHUCK We were with you at Thanksgiving. Are you going to link it so everybody can sit at the same area of the diningroom like you did before. If you are we would like to be included. Let me know.

What is up with the rotation. I see Cruisecrazy had some info. Do we repeat the second dinner rotation rest night two and three. Thanks for any info you might have. Can't wait to meet everybody. Lynn and family:banana:

Michelle,

Thank you, I will let Torey know. I appreciate the information.

John

I would LOVE to join you in one (or 2 ;) ) of these classes with you! I enjoy spinning classes - anyone interested in walking/running some mornings along the deck? Let me know - I need someone to hold me accountable to getting my exercise in for the day (husband not to reliable for that task :) )
Let me know! We are counting down in our house too :banana:

Dana:cheer2:

Hi there cruisecrzy,

Could you please email the door photo picture thingy like you've done for others?

I believe I enabled e'mail....

If my board name will fit, you can put it on there...as well as my wifes'
stevenpensacola
susanpensacola

although, based on where our room is located, I doubt anyone will see the sign...except for maybe the guys working in the engine room....:tilt:

also....I know we're doing a Palo dinner some night....but I can't keep up with all the applaapplslll dining codes....:confused3

I remember awile back someone talking on how they had planned on a certain dinner rotation. I cannot remember who or the specifics. Just that they have had this on previous cruises.

For those that are not aware they have changed the rotation on the Magic effective last week. I have confirmed that the change will still be in place on March 29. I also confirmed that Pirate night will be Tuesday, Formal Sunday, and Thursday is Semi-Formal.

Just thought I would share for those that are obsessive planners.

Not that I am an obsessive planner but do you know which of the old dining rotations is replaced: APL, PLA, or LAP???

Not that I am an obsessive planner but do you know which of the old dining rotations is replaced: APL, PLA, or LAP???

You know you're getting pretty addicited to DIS when you answer your own posted questions -- but for the record I just found this info on another thread:

5:30 and 8:00 LAAPLAP
5:45 and 8:15 APPLAPL
6:00 and 8:30 PLLAPLA

Hey, I have talked to Disney twice since this new dinning rotation thing has come up. Both times they have told me Pirate night is on Wednesday night. This is all so confusing.:confused3

Disney also said the week we will be on the Magic, the first two nights will be in the same restaurant. I don't think we will ever figure out what is going on till we get on the Magic in 12 days:yay:

Pirate night IS scheduled to be Tuesday on our cruise. Formal night is Sunday and Semi-Formal is Thursday. That is for the March sailing and is of course subject to change.

We want to still do the fish extenders too if it's not to late. We are in room 2584 and 2586. And our friends are in 7048. We have late dining and are sitting at the same table.

. Lynn and family:banana:

It is not too late to add to the FE list. I have room numbers can you give me names and ages (of the kids) in each room so I can correctly assign them to the list.

I would LOVE to join you in one (or 2 ;) ) of these classes with you! I enjoy spinning classes - anyone interested in walking/running some mornings along the deck? Let me know - I need someone to hold me accountable to getting my exercise in for the day (husband not to reliable for that task :) )
Let me know! We are counting down in our house too :banana:

Sure. I do not guarantee that I will make them to any of the classes, but my DD tends to get up bright and early so I should have had breakfast by 730am and ready to spin by 8am. :yay:

The way we make ourselves do that horrible E thing is we never take the elevators and only use the stairs. So if you do not have time to walk or run I say do the stairs as much as possible.

Sorry I made a mistake. Disney said Pirate night was Wednesday night.:confused3

Are you sure they realized you were on the Eastern?

The email I got today said Pirate is on Tuesday.....and that info came from the ship. I will check again tomorrow to make sure the info I was sent is not wrong.

You know you're getting pretty addicited to DIS when you answer your own posted questions -- but for the record I just found this info on another thread:

5:30 and 8:00 LAAPLAP
5:45 and 8:15 APPLAPL
6:00 and 8:30 PLLAPLA

I am SO confused how this dinner thing works, can someone just clarify a few things.... :confused3

1. If I chose late seating, I could be eating either at 8, 8:15 OR 8:30 nightly?
2. Do they put you in the earlier of those IF you have small children?
3. Can I make a preference or change to early seating before or at check in?

I just am concerned that if we are waiting until 8:30 with the girls, it COULD be more of a nightmare and more crankiness at the dinner table? I selected late seating, knowing it was going to push them to their limits as it is, but that extra 30 minutes could make or break the patience levels....:eek:

Any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks:thumbsup2

Hi Cruisecrzy

We are still on the main list. But I gave you the wrong stateroom numbers. We are in room 2582 and 2584.
Daytonamom2 Room 2582(fish will be on this door)
Frank(15)
Nikki(11)

Friends Room 7048
Austin(11)
Ryan(16)
The boys think I am crazy including there names but everybody likes a little candy.

I called Disney also to ask about any changes in dinner rotation and got two different answers. Anybody know of any new movies coming out while we are on the boat. I called but they only gave me the current movies running.

Hey, I have talked to Disney twice since this new dinning rotation thing has come up. Both times they have told me Pirate night is on Wednesday night. This is all so confusing.:confused3

DH called yesterday and the girl told him she was not aware of any change, but she made a note that we would like our Palo night to be on Parrot Cay night.

I did call Disney Cruise Line(1-800-326-0620) Found this number on the back of my doc info. I called three different times and spoke to three different people. I made sure they understood what cruise I would be taking. Was told by everyone of them Wednesday night would be pirate night. I also saw this info listed on a main thread several days ago and that is why I started calling. So who knows what will happen:confused3 I just keep reminding my self, only 11 more days till we leave for PC:cheer2: I guess it doesn't really matter to me, lets just get this party started.:cool1:

I am SO confused how this dinner thing works, can someone just clarify a few things.... :confused3

1. If I chose late seating, I could be eating either at 8, 8:15 OR 8:30 nightly?
You are correct Typically but not always the earlier is the one for families with young kids, middle is families, and late is adults. Now that is not to say you will not see kids at all of those.

2. Do they put you in the earlier of those IF you have small children?
Not always. If you requested late you will be on late. Look at your last copy of your reservation. If it says Main you are the first seating and Late are the times you posted above. You can have your reservation faxed to you and it will say Main or Late if you do not have a copy.

3. Can I make a preference or change to early seating before or at check in?
When you arrive on the ship you can go to Rockin' Bar D to make dining changes. You may get put on a waitlist for Early if Early is full.

Any info would be greatly appreciated - thanks:thumbsup2

I hope that helps you.

Does anyone know if it is possible to and how to make dining room server requests?

Also, we are trying to assess this dining rotation change to see if we need to change our Palo day. For us, Palo meets our needs: Wednesday night. We've guaranteed one night in each dining room. We also are guaranteed seeing the AP light show. We make formal and semiformal night with our kids.

Does anyone know ramifications of this switch? Is any single rotation (of the new rotation) bad for any reason? I suppose that ideally, you get formal night in Lumierres, Pirate night in Parrots Cay - again, this is pretty picky but, just wondering if anyone has done the "new dining rotation analyis"....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter