• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

02/12/2012 4 Night Dream Valentine's Cruise - The Love Boat Sails Again !

I just booked a couple of nights pre-cruise at the Beach club! :banana: We are so excited, it will be our first time staying there! It is coming quickly...162 days. Now I just have to book flights!

As for weather, anything will be better than the weather here in New England:)

Only 154 days away! I am so excited!

Any seasoned cruisers out there want to organize our FE? I've read a lot but this is our first cruise and we definitely want to participate in it!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Hello!
I wouldn't say I am a seasoned, but I am glad to organize the FE group. I have participated in 1 (last Jan/Feb). It was fun for the kids and I want them to experience it again. The Holidays are fast approaching and the cruise will be here before we know it, so we should get this started! Here it goes...

Please respond if you are interested by listing your:

passengers in your room and the ages of the children
Room #
Allergies or other important info.
Special celebrations while onboard (ex:birthday)

I will try to keep this up to date and closer to the time I will title it "FINALIZED". The cut off for joiners will be January 6th. There needs to be a cut off, because gifts are made, ordered, etc. There are several threads on here regarding ideas and what exactly a FE is for those of you wondering. It is kind of like a secret santa gift exchange.

Moffboyz2- 2 adults, DS 11 and DS 6. Room# 10548. Several severe allergies: all nuts, milk and egg.

Now who wants to be in charge of the meet and greet??? (not me :))

Moffboyz2 thanks so much for doing this!! This is our first cruise so I am new to FE but we are looking forward to it.

as for our group:
Hopare
Cabin 7618
5 people in room 2 adults and DD(11) DS(7) DD(5)
No allergies

Hi

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I'm back with a bit more time now :)

I don't mind sorting the meet & greet - though this wil be our first cruise on the Dream so could do with some suggestions on the best venue.:confused3

Details again for the FE list

Cabins 8641 & 8642

Judy -me
Brian - DH (welsh speaking welshman !)
Joe - DS 14
Vyrnwy DD 10

Its our 4th Wedding Anniversary on the 12th Feb (we married on Grand Caymman during a Disney Western cruise !- see signature picture ...we had great fun doing 'Trash The Dress' photos in the sea in our wedding stuff) :love:

We are also doing a back to back (B2B) with the next cruise.

we are booked and so excited for our first cruise... not sure what to expect so any advise from the pros would be great... traveling as a single dad with 2 teen daughters :scared1: so not sure if im spending with them or on my own.. any other single cruisers going Feb 12 2012??????

we are booked and so excited for our first cruise... not sure what to expect so any advise from the pros would be great... traveling as a single dad with 2 teen daughters :scared1: so not sure if im spending with them or on my own.. any other single cruisers going Feb 12 2012??????

No worries - I'm sure you will have a great time with the adult company on here whether, you are single, or not......while your teens will make plenty of new friends at the clubs. :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard.:banana:

Hey everybody ...let's not get too quiet in this corner !!

.....not long until our 100 day mark now :cloud9:

Just wondered if there were any other gold CC members doing on line booking tonight. :banana:

...Just done my activities, but the on line check in doesn't appeared to have opened up ...unless I'm doing something badly wrong ?! :confused3

...a bit gutted there are no family cabanas left on CC :sad1:...if anyone who already has one, wants to share the cost... or decides to give one up please, please, could you PM me ??:worship: ....it was the one thing I really wanted to try this trip.

Incidentally, for anyone else interested, there are still cabanas at Serenity Bay - but we would much prefer CC to be family time (though I very much doubt that DS14 will want to join us this time !).

Just wondered if there were any other gold CC members doing on line booking tonight. :banana:

...Just done my activities, but the on line check in doesn't appeared to have opened up ...unless I'm doing something badly wrong ?! :confused3

...a bit gutted there are no family cabanas left on CC :sad1:...if anyone who already has one, wants to share the cost... or decides to give one up please, please, could you PM me ??:worship: ....it was the one thing I really wanted to try this trip.

Incidentally, for anyone else interested, there are still cabanas at Serenity Bay - but we would much prefer CC to be family time (though I very much doubt that DS14 will want to join us this time !).

Sent PM. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Not new to DIS but new to the boards!! Excited to find this thread as we are on this cruise!!! :)

First time cruisers: DH, Self, DD (14) and DS (11).
Cabin - 7134

Interested in FE and need info on how it works!!

Looking forward to meeting more "love boat" cruisers!! :love:

I noticed that Day 4 (the 15th) is a day at sea - anyone interested in Palo brunch?

-Ken

Hello!
I wouldn't say I am a seasoned, but I am glad to organize the FE group. I have participated in 1 (last Jan/Feb). It was fun for the kids and I want them to experience it again. The Holidays are fast approaching and the cruise will be here before we know it, so we should get this started! Here it goes...

Please respond if you are interested by listing your:

passengers in your room and the ages of the children
Room #
Allergies or other important info.
Special celebrations while onboard (ex:birthday)

I will try to keep this up to date and closer to the time I will title it "FINALIZED". The cut off for joiners will be January 6th. There needs to be a cut off, because gifts are made, ordered, etc. There are several threads on here regarding ideas and what exactly a FE is for those of you wondering. It is kind of like a secret santa gift exchange.

Moffboyz2- 2 adults, DS 11 and DS 6. Room# 10548. Several severe allergies: all nuts, milk and egg.

Now who wants to be in charge of the meet and greet??? (not me :))

We did the FE for the first time on our Magic Med cruise in May/June and loved it so we are definitely on for this one!

We are 3 adults (myself, DH and wonderful mother-in-law), DS 14 and DD 11. We are in cabin 8668 and have no allergies.

This is my mother-in-law's first cruise but the fifth Disney cruise for the rest of us. We have always gone on longer cruises, but were dying to experience the Dream so we are preparing for 4 whirlwind days!!!

We are doing AKL for 4 nights after the cruise, but flying in just on the Fri. evening before. Getting nervous about that because in past we've always come in several days before. We're coming from Ottawa, Canada so the weather can present all sorts of surprises!!

We're all getting very excited! :yay:

Hi everyone! I just booked this for us a couple of days ago. :cool1: DH and I will be celebrating our 11th anniversary :lovestruc :love: and my birthday. We would love to be a part of the FE, too. Here is our info:

Jason (DH)
Jennifer (me)

No allergies.

So excited!! :banana:

We can't make any reservations until the 29th, since this our first cruise. I saw in an earlier post that cabanas were still available. Can anyoen check the status as of now? Or would anyone be interested in sharing one? It's just DH and I (DD is staying home for this trip), and we are fine with the family or adult cabana.

Thank you,
Jenn

Hi Everyone-

Looks like we (me (44), DH (54), Mom(64) and Step-Dad(69)) will be joining you for our "Adults Only" Disney Dream Cruise. This will be our second adults only Disney cruise with my parents. We were originally scheduled to do this Dream Cruise November 6-10th but my Dad developed a subdural hematoma and we had to cancel at the last minute. He has now had surgery and is recovering and I am so sure he is going to be just fine that I booked this one!

So we've paid our final payment and are looking forward to booking our Palo ressie's tonight. I'm a little concerned about the temps though. I know several people on this cruise have been on previous Disney cruises during this week in the past and have not had problems but I wonder if anyone did cruises this short and limited to these latitudes (i.e. only as far South as the Bahamas). I am afraid that Castaway Cay is going to be chilly if not downright cold. Please reassure me.

One more request for Judy since I know she is Gold and we are just Silver (though this cruise will make us gold - yea :cool1:).... Can you (or anyone else) tell me if there are still Palo brunch ressies available?

Thanks Everyone. We are so happy to be able to join you!

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter