02/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy

whats the castaway cay 5K?? this sounds like fun!!

Welcome Jenn! Sorry this is a little late of a response, you'll find its quieter in here than on FB, hence why I don't check as much! Disney Cruises are so awesome for families! Everyone will have a blast! I think Kristie is trying to work you into the FE's! (Crossing fingers) The more the merrier! You'll be in my group! As for tips for younger people I recommend making sure that the kids visit the kids club at least once or twice, when I went on my first ( a long time ago) I was afraid to go but when I finally did I had a blast and met lots of great friends! And it also ended up giving my parents lots of free time! I would also say make sure you go to some shows. When I was younger I didn't go and I regret that because they are awesome! If you can't make it to some shows, I say at least make it to the final one, it is usually the best. As for the Cast Away 5k, I am not super informed on that. I am participating this year though! Last time when I got on the Island I saw participators and it looked exciting. Since then I have done some research and its a fun and friendly race for all ages! Just a simple 3 mile run around the island. They have water stops along the way (most runners say it is a hot race) and in the end you get a tee-shirt. I hear its a great pre-activity before you head for water activities! I plan to snorkel and find the hidden Mickey statue after! Anywhoo....sorry I wrote a book! Congrats on your first DCL and can't wait til we board! 37 days and counting!!

Hi Kaitlin!
My name is Courtney and my 13 year old daughter Keenan will be on the same cruise! It would be fun for you guys to text/email before the cruise! I bet you are getting excited...we are!

So it's official already! Were in! Woo-Hoo!

FE info!

Cabin #9568

Names of Family: DM: Andy (Andrea) and DA: Bobbi

Location: Mom and I are from Frederick, MD and Bobbi is from Glenn Allen, VA

Food Allergies: None!

Favorite Character: Me/Patsy: Ariel, Andy:Maleficent, Bobbi: Minnie Mouse

Celebrations: DM/Andy's birthday!

Also...is anyone doing the Castaway Cay 5k in the morning?

Thanks!!
Patsydust

hey we are from columbia md and are a dozen roooms or less away! 9598 i think. just me and hubby

Hi we are new to the world of Disney cruises and are super excited. It will be myself, husband and 2 daughters Maya (6) and Teagan (5). Any tips, advice or excursions we must do would be greatly appreciated! also, we would love to do the fish extenders-how do we get involved with this? I already ordered my extender:) Can't wait to meet everyone!
Jen K
cincinnati, oh:cheer2:

One of the first posts says to sign up by December 1st.

My friend and I have just discovered FEs and would like to start a small group. Any late comers are welcome to join us. Private message, please.

Hi,
this is our first cruise NOT on the Wonder or Magic (well, we've been on 2 carnival and one royal, but my company sent us on those, they dont count LOL). Very excited to see the new ship! We are just us - me and DH, just having turned into our 60s, so no kids with us. soon as we have a grandkid that is old enough (or just have one) we'll do this with them!! We live outside Baltmore, anyone else from there? Having just booked this cruise, i dont know if i'll have time to go through more than 10 pages of this thread - anything i should know? any activities being planned? meet ups or wine tasting or whatever?? thanks@ oh want to add, been on a 3 day, 7 and 15 (panama canal) on the wonder/magic.

anyone know if there's away to make newest message show first?? thanks!

Sherri (and Alan who doesnt hardly get on the computer):love:

HI Sherri,

We're in the same boat as you . . LOL. First time not on the Magic or Wonder. Don't forget to check out the FB group. They seem to be much more active than the Disboards. And 10 pages isn't much if you've been on the Panama Canal cruises. We had to start THREE separate Disboard listing because of the thousands of postings . . .LOL.

I think it's cool to start running into the same people on the cruises :)

Looking forward to 33 more days . .woot!

Theresa 8-)

HI Sherri,

We're in the same boat as you . . LOL. First time not on the Magic or Wonder. Don't forget to check out the FB group. They seem to be much more active than the Disboards. And 10 pages isn't much if you've been on the Panama Canal cruises. We had to start THREE separate Disboard listing because of the thousands of postings . . .LOL.

I think it's cool to start running into the same people on the cruises :)

Looking forward to 33 more days . .woot!

Theresa 8-)

Hi Theresa!
I dont get on this much - i'm on THREE disney fb pages - disney addicts, DVC and this cruise! I know this isnt much esp compared to the pc cruise. and not even close to the fb pages. but it's fun. I didnt find that i ended out meeting many or really hardly any from the disboards. i hope to meet more from here and fb. but, it appears that people are meeting up and doing stuff. so it'll probably be more of an informational thing for me. i hope not. we should have done lanyards or something, but i know people didnt wear them much on pc cruise so i guess thats why folks said no this one. but i'm hoping to meet people. was hoping to meet some of our age - grown children and on our own! but it has been fun! Hope to meet you on the ship ina month!! :yay:

Just found this DIS forum for our cruise! We can't wait to go on the cruise especially with 10 inches of snow falling in the Chicago area. Steve (52) and Robin Solomon (52) cabin #5026!

Just found this DIS forum for our cruise! We can't wait to go on the cruise especially with 10 inches of snow falling in the Chicago area. Steve (52) and Robin Solomon (52) cabin #5026!

Hello we are in the cabin right next to you (5024). I see we are also in the same mixology class lol. We are Dave and Janice. We live just outside Detroit and it has been snowing since Tuesday night.

Hi everyone, I am also going to be on the disney fantasy sailing feb. 1st. We have 2 rooms my husband (first disney cruise but has sailed on about 5 other cruises, me (3rd disney cruise and about 7 cruises sailed), my mother (3rd disney cruise and about 9 cruises total), neice (age7) (her first cruise ever), my daughter (age 4) 2nd disney cruise and 3rd cruise in general, and my son(age2) this will be his 2nd disney cruise also.

Im googling (spelling?) ideas for our cruise door right now, I want to make this a magical cruise for the kids

from michigan

We will be on board and can't wait. Myself, my husband Larry and my sister Aurella, 60, 61 and 62. My sister and I did this same itinerary last year but 2 weeks earlier. I actually celebrated my birthday (Jan 23) at Remy and enjoyed fireworks after. What a way to spend your birthday!

I'm not interested in participating in the FE but would be up for a cabin crawl if anyone is up for it. I'll head over to the FB page later

Melinda

I have never did FE's, but on my last cruise it was fun watching what gifts people had at their door. I am trying to find out more or join a group. I can't find the fb page everyone is talking about. PLEASE HELP!

I am a little late to the boards but my family and I will be on that ship in less than 30 days! My hubby, Joey, and two daughters, Alyssa-12 and Jolie-9, along with 19 other friends are super excited about this trip! Just joined the FB page too. This is our second Disney Cruise and fourth overall cruise. First time on the Fantasy! Can't wait to meet you guys.

We will be on board and can't wait. Myself, my husband Larry and my sister Aurella, 60, 61 and 62. My sister and I did this same itinerary last year but 2 weeks earlier. I actually celebrated my birthday (Jan 23) at Remy and enjoyed fireworks after. What a way to spend your birthday!

I'm not interested in participating in the FE but would be up for a cabin crawl if anyone is up for it. I'll head over to the FB page later

Melinda

Where are you from? we're from baltimore. We are same age. This boat seems so big compared to magic/wonder - and i used to get lost on those!
on our 15 day pc cruise we did a room crawl - saw from small inside cabin to the WD suite! amazing. I would LOVE to do that again, but would have no idea how to organize it. On first stop we are doing stingray city and next day the segway tour and nothing else planned so far. Alan (husband 61) doesnt drink so not doing mixology. i guess i could but i like so little! LoL! We are in a cabin starting with 9___ - i cant remember the number. Am looking for some people to hang with a bit. ...
Sherri (and Alan)
:dance3: {except i wont remember any names - that is my horrid memory for names and so i wont recognize from here or fb - please tell me if we've met on here or fb when we meet!!}

Hi Sherry. We're from Saint John, New Brunswick in Canada. We are actually a port of call and get quite a few cruise ships from June till October. I love to head down and watch them sail away.

I was going to see about a cabin crawl but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. The FE gift exchange seems to take over the boards. We are not interested in participating in that but would certainly be up for a cabin crawl. We have done it in the past as well and they were a lot of fun. It's great to see the different types of cabins. We are in a verandah on Deck 7. I would love to see what the "magic porthole" looks like and would certainly love to see a suite.

I think I'll throw it out there on the FB page and see if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to chatting.

Can't wait to be on that boat!!
Come on over to the facebook page... Just search for Disney Fantasy February 1
It should come right up.

By the way, I am totally jealous of all of your previous cruises! I feel that my posts are so naked!

Does this help?
:beach::wave2:pixiedust::dance3::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter