• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

02/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy

Thanks for approving me to FB group shanny :)

We are Eric (33) and Liz (28). Currently reside in "officially the middle of nowhere" Northwestern Ontario and this will be our second Cruise. Both aboard DCL. We are hooked.

See you guys in February. Another crazy Canuck, checking in. :)

Yet another bunch of Canucks for you all.
6 more in total from Thunder Bay, ON. Thinking soon that we'll need to fly the maple leaf on board!

Dave, Yvonne, Hayley (9 at cruise time), Ben (almost 7 at cruise time), MIL and FIL

Cruised B2B on Dream Feb 2012, and ready for another cruise.

We booked a GTY 5E, so will be anxiously awaiting our aft room assignment for a big veranda!

MIL & FIL have room confirmed, but I'll let them introduce themselves.

Will let you know about FE information, but you can add us to the list.

Superbowl on deck will be cool! I can taste the chicken wings already! :-)

Huh, you're in T-Bay eh? We're from Sioux Lookout a mere 4-5 hours away, which in our neck of the woods in N.W. Ontario is just a hop skip and a jump! Where do you fly out of? We're doing direct flights through Winnipeg.

We are flying out of T.Bay. I used to live in Dryden so know all about where S/L is. Perhaps us NWO folk can tip a beverage together at some point!

Sailing with you guys! would like to join the Facebook page too, can someone send me an invite.

Did a western on fantasy in march this year and it was so great we are doing another!
Excursions/activities we did
Costa m : chacchoben ruins
Grand caymon: aqua boat and snorkle
Cozumel : secret river
Ccay: bike rentals, and mats
Onboard: new wine tasting, tequila tasting, bbb, sports simulator, 5 night deluxe wine package, rainforest room
Watched all evening shows and watched some poolside movies

Things we didnt do and want to try
Parasailing
Palo
Pirate night fireworks

This will be my first cruise ever. Glad I picked Disney.

I am from Markham (just north of Toronto) Ontario Canada. I will be traveling with my boy who will turn 5 on February 6th.

Can’t wait!

P.S., where is the FB info?

I'm in Oshawa. I'll be easy stalking.

We were in stateroom 10610. We are in the same on this trip.

I also loved Castaway! I loved the 2 for 1 cocktails at Castaway just as much. I fall asleep every night dreaming I am still there.

Wow! So many Canadians here! I am from Markham. Room # 10564. We are going to be neighbors!

Love it! Haven't been out here in a while to see the activity but am constantly on fb...just thought I'd check in here! We are in serious planning mode...working on our flights! So excited!

Hi! This is probably my first post on her. You may know me from my mom (kristieseem1) or my dad (sseem76)! My friend, Ashlynn, is coming on the cruise with us. This is her first cruise! Since it is her first cruise I am going to do a Scavenger Hunt for her! If you would like to join in contact my mom or I through DIS Boards or FaceBook!
Thanks,
Kaitlin
:):woohoo::wave2:

We would love to join the FE list, here is our info:

Cabin #'s. 5520 & 5522

Names of family members:
Trisha DW
Ben DH
Alexandra DD9
Zachary DS7

Any Food Allergies? None

Everyone's Favorite Character?
Trisha, Ben & Zachary -- Mickey
Alexandra -- Minnie

Celebrating anything on this cruise? Trisha's 40th!

2nd Family:
Cabins 2534 & 2536
Vince DH
Benita DW
Kierstyn DD7
Avery DD4

Celebrating anything on this cruise? Benita's birthday February 5th

Sometime you read on the board some people upgrade their stateroom after they booked their cruise for just a little extra. How do they find those deals? (I am not talking about upgrade at the port.) How does DCL calculate the upgrade charge? it is the price different of the different categories when you make your reservation? or it change constantly depending on the inventory? If I want to change my reservation (to upgrade) will I have to pay the current price (which has gone up since we booked). I am all confused!

Hello Theresa....although I am one of the Canadians on board...I just happen to be in your neck of the woods this last week, and will be leaving Wednesday. I am staying in Chester, working at the papermill in Hopewell. Been enjoying this nice weather the last few days! Nice to see so much greenery!

Sorry I missed your post! Hope you enjoyed your time away from the chill of Canadian winter and into the spring of Virginia!

Theresa 8-)

Hi All,

Hubby and I were talking about how excited were starting to get about the cruise. Summer is winding down way too quickly.

Has everyone been able to join the FB group? It seems a lot more chatty than here (at least for now!)

Can anyone who has cruised on the Fantasy recently, let me know what the cost of the whole week in the Rainforest Room is? What's the new one like?

Have a super start to your week

Theresa 8-)

Hello all!

Introduced myself on the Facebook page but thought I should here as well, as very likely not everyone is in both places just yet.

We recently booked, after much going back and forth over when we should cruise (note....not if!). This will be our 10th Disney cruise.....just one more and we'll finally be Platinum. Yes, I'm very goal-oriented, lol!

Sailing on the Fantasy will complete our "set" of sailing on every DCL ship....so far. I'm sure there will be more. And we do like a challenge.

It will be myself, husband, Joe, and daughter, Keighley, who is currently on the Disney College Program in WDW. We live in Phoenixville, PA, and I understand there's quite an eastern PA contingent on this cruise, as well as lots of Canadians -- love Canadians as they have access to REAL Cadbury chocolates, hint! hint! :worship:

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Is anyone planning a meet on the first day aboard?

Hello all!

Introduced myself on the Facebook page but thought I should here as well, as very likely not everyone is in both places just yet.

We recently booked, after much going back and forth over when we should cruise (note....not if!). This will be our 10th Disney cruise.....just one more and we'll finally be Platinum. Yes, I'm very goal-oriented, lol!

Sailing on the Fantasy will complete our "set" of sailing on every DCL ship....so far. I'm sure there will be more. And we do like a challenge.

It will be myself, husband, Joe, and daughter, Keighley, who is currently on the Disney College Program in WDW. We live in Phoenixville, PA, and I understand there's quite an eastern PA contingent on this cruise, as well as lots of Canadians -- love Canadians as they have access to REAL Cadbury chocolates, hint! hint! :worship:

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Is anyone planning a meet on the first day aboard?

What kind of chocolate bars do you like? I can bring you some if you want.

What kind of chocolate bars do you like? I can bring you some if you want.

Oooooh, how kind of you to offer. If you can find any Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish, those are my absolute favourite. I used to live in England and usually beg anyone coming/going to bring me some.

I will be very happy to reimburse you.

Thank you!

Oooooh, how kind of you to offer. If you can find any Cadbury Dairy Milk Turkish, those are my absolute favourite. I used to live in England and usually beg anyone coming/going to bring me some.

I will be very happy to reimburse you.

Thank you!

Laura, I sent you a private message regarding this. Can you confirm you received it. I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

In the home stretch now!! Just over 4 months away :) I really want to start a packing list lol. Yes I'm a tad bit excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter