01/02/2014 Disney Magic 3 Night - Miami

YAY! THat's great!

But good luck trying to rent DVC :worried: I'm having no joy at all for the 27th to the 2nd. It's waiting list only.

:grouphug:

Good point, I wont bother then. We will probably stay at one of the offsite hotels in Lake Buena Vista right accross from DTD. It will be close enough to the parks without a ton of driving after the party. We are flying down that day so it will be a tiring day but lots of fun too.

My TA told me :) She said there were a ton of options available but the prices were higher. :)

There were not a "ton" of options available, even for parties of 2 and 3, as I worked pretty hard to find two staterooms reasonably near one another only about two weeks ago... and cruisefish says we only have 40% of categories available... which indicates pretty high occupancy.

New to board and board groups. Not good at this tech stuff. First cruise with DH, dd 10, ds (is that a son??) 12.

JoTheBookish said:
Anyone have a dd around age 9-10? My younger (6yo) daughter can make friends with anyone, anywhere, but my older one is more socially hesitant. It would be nice for her to have a friendly face onboard.

Also - What age is a good age for giving your child independent ship roaming privileges? Thinking that since this is our third cruise, and dd is 9.5 that it may be time for this mama to let go a bit...

I am new yo board, have a friendly. 10 yr old dd.

Ok....let me try again, This will be our first cruise. DH, me, ds 12, dd 10. 40th bday celebration, 15 wedding anniversary. I added our info to goggle doc. It was my first time I think I added our dd to another family, sorry. Not sure how to fix. I also added us to FE. Is it closed? How do we know when it closes. So a month before anchors ahoy what will a late joiner be able to grasp. Soooo overwhelmed...stay on in Nassau??? Get off?? Explore??? Help!!!!

Ok....let me try again, This will be our first cruise. DH, me, ds 12, dd 10. 40th bday celebration, 15 wedding anniversary. I added our info to goggle doc. It was my first time I think I added our dd to another family, sorry. Not sure how to fix. I also added us to FE. Is it closed? How do we know when it closes. So a month before anchors ahoy what will a late joiner be able to grasp. Soooo overwhelmed...stay on in Nassau??? Get off?? Explore??? Help!!!!

Welcome!!! :beach: You will have a great time on your trip! I am sure we can fix the google doc, I don't think the FE has closed yet although maybe it should. Getting off the ship is a personal choice so I would look around and decide if any of the shore excursions sound good otherwise stay on board, there will be activities running throughout the day on the ship so there wont be any time to be bored. :) Just take some time to reflect on the experience you want to have as a family and then make a plan.

Welcome again!!!

I am new yo board, have a friendly. 10 yr old dd.

That's great! My dd9 is definitely looking forward to finding other kids around her age. As we get closer to sailing, we can figure out a way of doing a meet & greet.
Can't wait :beach:

:wave2: Welcome to the group! There is so much to do on a cruise & much of it comes down to personal choice. This will be our third cruise & I can honestly say that our first two were completely different from each other, as I imagine this one will be as well. The only thing that seems to be consistent for us is how the kids cannot get rid of us fast enough to get into the Oceaneer Club/Lab. :)
Re: Nassau - Have you been before? If you have not, it might be worth checking it out. We chose not to for this cruise, but we have also been to Nassau several times already (Atlantis 3x, DCL 1x, and 1x other off-site vaca way long ago) & we feel like the restful day on the ship will better meet our needs. I have heard good things about the butterfly excursion on Key West, so we will be doing that.

YAY! THat's great!

But good luck trying to rent DVC :worried: I'm having no joy at all for the 27th to the 2nd. It's waiting list only.

:grouphug:

We did get a DVC rental!! Woo Hoo!! It's only 1 night so we probably lucked out. We have a savannah view at AKL. I have always wanted to buy DVC but DH is not on board (yet). Maybe after this experience he will change his mind... :bitelip:

Hi Guys,

When do you think we should close the FE group? I am making FE gifts and I don't want to miss anyone if they sign up after we leave for FL. They have to be made at home before we go.

Hi Guys,

When do you think we should close the FE group? I am making FE gifts and I don't want to miss anyone if they sign up after we leave for FL. They have to be made at home before we go.

After a brief discussion on the FB page, I think that we have agreed to close the FE list. Perhaps if the cruise was not directly after a busy holiday season, I could prepare extra gifts at the last minute, but I cannot speak for anyone else, but if I don't finish them up asap, they will not get done!

I don't know if there is an official way to close the list, but I guess at this point if there were more who wanted to join, they could start a second group? It's all new to me.

I was just puttering around on Disney's website and when I searched for our cruise date it came up that our ship was sold out! Wow! Don't think that has happened to us before.
Has anyone else been on a ship that is at capacity? Does it feel overwhelmingly crowded?

If you have not added your info to the gogle doc ie cabin number, names, childrens ages etc... please do. Or reply to this message and we can add you if you are not on the FB group.

I was just puttering around on Disney's website and when I searched for our cruise date it came up that our ship was sold out! Wow! Don't think that has happened to us before.
Has anyone else been on a ship that is at capacity? Does it feel overwhelmingly crowded?

Our sailing is not sold out, it might just be sold out of cabins that can hold the number of people you attempted to book? I was able to get a number of ocean view and verandah categories for three people just now.

Don't know firsthand how crowded it will feel... Hopefully not very!!

Wow, I've been so crazy with work and kids! :crazy2: Don't think I've been away from the DIS this long since I've joined.

How is everyone? Crazy like me?

Our cruise is not sold out, that's true, but it's screwy. Somedays only the bottom cats are available like today and some days only cat. 4's are available.
And before you say that it depends on the kids and such, I'm just putting in 2 adults when I check. And when you go further to book a specific stateroom, very few numbers are coming up. 9A's and 11's were available today when a couple of days ago only 4's were available.

It's past the final payment date so its not people cancelling. Hopefully for them.
The ship is almost full, I'd say.

I've been on a bunch of sold out DCL sailing and have not noticed the difference between that and low sailings. I think they add extra staff or such. Everything's the same as usual-the pools are crowded, the chairs are full, the dining room in Animator's is still really loud!:rolleyes1

I'm looking forward to the adult pool on the Magic but I'll miss Satellite Falls. I really love that area on the Dream and Fantasy.

We should make a list. (Another List, I know) Of when people are heading down, out, etc. Its coming up fast!

We are driving as prev. stated :eek:and leaving Christmas Eve around 11 PM and driving as much as possible Christmas Day.

btw- I noticed alot of us have late dinner. If anyone wants to sit with me and my 19 year old DS (the other DS's don't join us for dinner) and talk Disney, pm me. I'd be thrilled! Or link tables so that we are near and can chat. I like to have other adults to chat with at dinner.

Well, I'm off to do more cleaning and packing, wrapping and baking, then working. Ahhhhhhh! Doing Disney at CHRISTMAS is HARD!!!!!

btw- I noticed alot of us have late dinner. If anyone wants to sit with me and my 19 year old DS (the other DS's don't join us for dinner) and talk Disney, pm me. I'd be thrilled! Or link tables so that we are near and can chat. I like to have other adults to chat with at dinner.

Well, I'm off to do more cleaning and packing, wrapping and baking, then working. Ahhhhhhh! Doing Disney at CHRISTMAS is HARD!!!!!

We were planning to dine alone (had it noted on our ressie, planning to call to reiterate) but would love to attempt to sit nearby you guys... Ihonestly would love to convince my family that table-mates would be a good thing, but I don't think I'd be successful!

PM me your "grown up" name, and we can both request nearby tables if you would like... just as a reminder, I have a dd turning 19 on the cruise, a ds 16 (going on 17) and a ds 5 who rarely dines with us (by mutual choice). And hey, if all goes well, maybe we can shift our kids around and enjoy an adult table one night while they enjoy a teen table!

Hello everyone. Packing everything in order to leave this coming friday for sunny Florida.

We changed our plan and will tell the kids prior to xmas. We have schedule the " call" for december 22nd at 6hpm. Cant wait ! It will be their first character call telling them of a cruise.

Can we get an updated FE list so that i can print and make sure everyone is on it or do i take the last one on our board ? I would want to make sure i don't skip one update and ending missing a family.

Cant wait to be on board. So proud of my FE .. i am almost as excited to deliver them then to cruise … i know, i should grow up maybe a little :rolleyes1

"Sea" you soon,

Josee.

Bon Voyage Josee! the google doc is updated except for 2 families cabin numbers. There are 11 families participating. Have a great trip! We leave the following Friday. Can't wait!! Our countdown chain is shrinking and so is the amount of sleep we are getting! :rotfl2:

[QUOTE="krazy4crusing;50230971" Our countdown chain is shrinking :[/QUOTE]
We have a countdown chain too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter