01/02/10- Mickey's New Decade Brigade!

Good news - at least for us - my son really enjoyed this live band in Rockin' Bar D (or is it Wave Bands - whatever) on our May cruise - and he confirmed with them (via Facebook) that they will be on this cruise as well. Pretty much assures that we will be wherever they are, for the most part!!

Good news - at least for us - my son really enjoyed this live band in Rockin' Bar D (or is it Wave Bands - whatever) on our May cruise - and he confirmed with them (via Facebook) that they will be on this cruise as well. Pretty much assures that we will be wherever they are, for the most part!!
that's awesome to hear! I love live music, its definitely on my to do list for the cruise!

Well, here we go. When the kid wakes up this morning (Can you believe that it's 7:20 here on Christmas morning and he still hasn't woken up yet?) he will see that Santa has brought him a Disney Cruise and trip to Disneyworld in 5 days. It has been a chore keeping it a secret this long!

What a great surprise! Would love to hear how you "gave" him his special gift and what the reaction was :goodvibes

Well everyone, this is is! I am flying out at 7:00 AM tomorrow for 3 nights in WDW and spending New Years Eve at Magic Kingdom, I am so excited!!! And then after the excitement of that, to have this wonderful cruise to look forward to- this is really a dream vacation. See you all soon!!

-Nicole

Well this is it, getting ready to fly out in the AM. A nervous wreck trying to get everything done. Will be at Sea World for New Years Eve. I am so excited. See you onboard. Everyone travel safe..:dance3:

Well everyone, this is is! I am flying out at 7:00 AM tomorrow for 3 nights in WDW and spending New Years Eve at Magic Kingdom, I am so excited!!! And then after the excitement of that, to have this wonderful cruise to look forward to- this is really a dream vacation. See you all soon!!

-Nicole

p256802670-4.jpg

BTW - I am usually carrying my camera - and ALWAYS willing to take a picture, upload to web, and send link. If you see me, don't hesitate to ask!

p256802670-4.jpg

BTW - I am usually carrying my camera - and ALWAYS willing to take a picture, upload to web, and send link. If you see me, don't hesitate to ask!
Wow that is such an awesome picture!! Are you going to be in MK on New Years Eve too? If so and you take pictures like that, I would love if you could send me a link later for me to download them!

Wow that is such an awesome picture!! Are you going to be in MK on New Years Eve too? If so and you take pictures like that, I would love if you could send me a link later for me to download them!
This trip, we are flying in and out on the day of the cruise - no parks this time! See you on the ship.

This trip, we are flying in and out on the day of the cruise - no parks this time! See you on the ship.

Oh man....are you stressed?

Between the weather and flight security stuff going on, I would be awful.

If I am passed out the first 3 days of the cruise, please excuse me......I am thinking I need to pull a couple of all nighters to get things done.

I still have about 2 hours worth of work up at the office to get done. Need to get all our magnets in order. Make sure I am completely packed. Get all the FE stuff in order. Have a nail appointment at 1. Still have a couple of last minute Christmas gifts to grab for the family we are visiting before we fly out. A Walmart run. Gonna work out about 5ish. Make sure we have all our tickets and paperwork. I have been preparing for the last 2 weeks and I still feel not ready! All of this before tomorrow morning.

Is there a pulling my hair out emoticon?

We made it out of Canada! It took an extra 3 hours as they searched EVERYONE prior to boarding the aircraft. And this is after a number of security checkpoints.

My SIL who left earlier (but after us) this week said they were NOT allowed carry-ons for departures to the US (out of Montreal).

I am relaxing now, looking out over the water at the blue sky here in St. Pete's and reading over the posts from the last few days! This is going to be exciting and I can't wait!

We are so looking forward to hooking up with the rest of you. My husband thinks I am completely nuts as I have a suitcase just for the FE stuff!!! But I can't find all of the tags for your staterooms (aaargh!) I know I packed them somewhere, but if I can't find them, I will have to check the list again. Oh well, if that's the worst part, no big deal, eh?
mmackeymouse, I am looking forward to seeing your project (itinerary cards)

ehagerty, your picture is AWESOME - I'll also have my camera so maybe you can teach me a few things! Hopefully we can connect!

GeneralMax, don't worry about snow, it'll all melt vary soon... and you'll enjoy some Caribbean sunshine in the meantime!

See everyone on board....
Hugs,
The 3 Canadians from Ontario!!!

Oh man....are you stressed?
Actually, not stressed at all. Working from home. When I knock off for the day, I'll dig out the suitcases and start sorting out my summer clothes. I travel often enough to had a couple of dedicated toiletry ziplocks. Used to worry about having the "right stuff" - now I shrug - vacation is for me. All I need is enough lightweight black workout pants, capris and enough changes of shirts / underwear / socks for 7 days. Couple of layers to get to / from airport (temp around 20F) and for deck - and a bathing suit. I usually do carry-on only. No way I want to be tired for my vacation!!

I did worry about the weather a little - but forecast for departure looks good enough (for Buffalo) - we're taking the first flight out and the plane stays overnight the night before. Non-stop. Bit of a risk, but manageable one. If it looked bad, we'd just cancel flights and jump in the car tonight.

I have lots of pictures - some are linked through my signature (below). I'll work on the DCL ones tonight.

mmackeymouse, I am looking forward to seeing your project (itinerary cards)

Oh Lord, I hope you do not put too much stock into my "project" as it was not much of one. Just a little thing I threw together.

NBD, as the youngins say these days.

Haha, see you guys soon!

Happy New Year!

Excited to be sailing tomorrow, and spending the time doing last minute packing and printing a few new door magnets. We do recycling prior cruise magnets including Moms Panel door magnet.

The plan for tomorrow is to get out the door early, first stop Starbucks then Beach Line to the start of our 7 day cruise.

See you on board!

I am at the Tampa airport and just wanted to let everyone know what a great first cruise we had! It was also nice to hook up with many of you. And if anyone is going to Alaska in 2011 (August 16, 2011) let me know as we are booked!
Monica

Great trip y'all. Thanks for all the wonderful FE gifts. We didn't get around to meeting everyone but I met a few. It always seemed like we were involved in something. I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had as great of a cruise as I did! It really flew by, I can’t imagine how I survived only having done 4-night Wonder cruises before, because this 7-night felt like it went so fast. I had planned on being able to do so many activities like spa, seminars, tastings, etc but I didn’t get to do as much as I hoped, probably because I’m a sun worshipper and spent most of my day time by the adult pool…when you know that back home it is freezing cold and will be for the next several months, you just cant help but want to soak up all the sun while you can! I am so excited now to do the 15 night Panama Canal in January to have so many days to have plenty of pool time AND time for the other activities. I’m already counting down until January 6, 2011!

So I’m curious, what were everyone’s highlights of the trips and their opinions on the positives and negatives about the cruise. Here are mine:

Positives:

• Overall great weather—a few clouds here and there, but overall great temps and plenty of sun for a January trip, and so glad our cruise wasn’t the day we debarked—that weather was horrific in Orlando on January 9!
• Improved food—on my 2004 cruise I really didn’t care for the food at all, on my 2009 cruise I enjoyed it much more, and this cruise I enjoyed it even more, so I think it gets better each year!
• Great dining team and table mates—I’ve never had bad servers or tablemates before, just got along fine. This cruise, our servers were exceptional, and our tablemates were really fun—maybe it was because it was a longer cruise, but we seemed to really hit it off and got to know each other better each night and had a lot of fun conversations.
• Loved the adult entertainment—loved all the comedians except that Heath Hyce guy who I thought was terrible, but the others were really fun. Match your Mate, Karoake, and the live music were fun nights too!

Negatives:

• I am still surprised to say this, but I wasn’t that impressed with the ports of call. I had never been to St. Maarten before, but I guess my expectations were unrealistic—I thought it would be really cool having the Dutch and French sides, and some real culture, like the French Riviera (I’ve been to Nice, Cannes, and Monaco, and loved that area). But to me, it seemed just as dodgy as Nassau…same repetitive shopping of duty free liquors, perfumes, jewelry, etc and the tacky tourist stands of the same tshirts and such. We had a private tour guide which was nice to get some more insight to the island, but overall I was not impressed. The beaches were just okay, in my opinion again no different than the Bahamas. I guess I just don’t get how people always seem to criticize Nassau and say how its not even worth getting off the ship, when I feel the opposite—I love doing Atlantis in Nassau, or even just a beach there, but if I did the Eastern again, I would stay on for St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Which brings me to St. Thomas—I was even more disappointed here because I’ve been to St. John for vacation and loved it, so I guess I had unrealistic expectations, because St. Thomas was nothing like St. John. It was much more dirty, rundown, and full of abandoned areas and sketchy people as we drove through town to the beach. St. Thomas was just annoying from the start, having to get herded like cattle into those long taxi trains right off the ship, waiting around to fill it, only to drive less than a minute to another stop where we again had to get off, get in another small taxi bus, and wait again for more people to fill it up, then drive around town making multiple stops along the way. I should have known then to get off and just enjoy the ship for the day. Our first stop was Coki Beach for a family who wanted to go there, and I cannot believe how dirty and sketchy it was!! There was hardly any sand on the beach, the water came all the way up and there was trash strewn everywhere, and a big shack with about a dozen sketchy people hanging around outside, it was scary! I couldn’t believe the family actually got off there. Luckily we got on our way again soon to Sapphire Beach, which was much more beautiful—wider beach, serene waters, servers bringing drinks, and no scary people loitering around. However, a few hours later when more cruises came in, it became really crowded and loud so we decided to call it a day. Unfortunately we were then shown to another taxi again to wait for other people, and again for another 45 minute ride back to the ship. If I did an Eastern again, I would absolutely stay on board for those two ports as it was just a hassle to get around in St. Thomas, and neither St. Thomas or St. Maarten had anything more special to offer than the Bahamas or any other island I’ve been to. I’m curious to hear about your experiences in these ports though?
• Disappointing character variety—I was really, really bummed by this as character experiences are a big part of my love for Disney vacations. On my 4 night cruises we had lots of character variety, so I was expecting the 7 night to be even better—but instead I felt so bombarded with the same “crew” of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald all week long! Don’t get me wrong, I love all characters—but I love meeting different and rare ones too! Every night I would get the navigator and hope for a better selection the next day, and when I saw the same names over and over, I was really frustrated. I really hope Disney improves this on future cruises since I’m sure I’m not the only one who really values the character experience.

Overall I had a wonderful time, and I look forward to many more Disney cruises to come, especially on the new ships which have some amazing new offerings on board. Hope you all had a great trip as well, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this one too!

-Nicole

Hello again. Yes vacation is definitely over. After this week at work, ready for another one. Thank you to all for FE gifts.

I enjoyed meeting some of you. Highlights for me included the Rainforest Room. I can not believe I relaxed enough to fall asleep for 2 hours on the warm lounger one day. I loved the extra sea day. Of course Castaway Cay is always awesome. Entertainers were ok, not as good as first cruise. I was disappointed with the Eastern Ports. I much prefered the Western ports. Next time I want to do the Mexican Riviera. St. Maarten was ok, but really disliked St Thomas. Taxi service was terrible, and I really did not feel safe. It was not a clean port, that is for sure.

Overall it was a wonderful vacation. Cruising Disney is makes life good!!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter