01/02/10- Mickey's New Decade Brigade!

Thanks Mighty Mike. I almost forgot that too.

I did figure out the FE list. I never realized it started with #2.

Everyone have a wonderful Merry Christmas and see y'all on the Cruise!

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited :banana::banana::banana: to go on our first cruise and putting together my loot bags for everyone! Since we are flying out of Toronto, Canada, and customs is always a drag :headache:, I can't wrap anything in my suitcase, so it will have to be stuffed within our socks (their clean!) and such, and I will have to arrange "the loot" pirate: while on the road.

My count for the FE is 14 staterooms comprising of 28 Adults and 19 kids. I am not certain if I will be able to log in :surfweb: after the 21st, but will try to check in over the weekend to see if there are any changes!

I found some Navigators on this DIS site, but they are dated January, 2009. It gave me a pretty good idea of the fun filled time we will have!

We rented a car :drive: to get to Port Canaveral and will see you all at the terminal on the 2nd - we'll be the 3 :dance3: pale Canadians!!!

Hugs,
Monica, Mike and Kimberley (almost 13, wishes she was 21!)
Stateroom 2601

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited :banana::banana::banana: to go on our first cruise and putting together my loot bags for everyone! Since we are flying out of Toronto, Canada, and customs is always a drag :headache:, I can't wrap anything in my suitcase, so it will have to be stuffed within our socks (their clean!) and such, and I will have to arrange "the loot" pirate: while on the road.

My count for the FE is 14 staterooms comprising of 28 Adults and 19 kids. I am not certain if I will be able to log in :surfweb: after the 21st, but will try to check in over the weekend to see if there are any changes!

I found some Navigators on this DIS site, but they are dated January, 2009. It gave me a pretty good idea of the fun filled time we will have!

We rented a car :drive: to get to Port Canaveral and will see you all at the terminal on the 2nd - we'll be the 3 :dance3: pale Canadians!!!

Hugs,
Monica, Mike and Kimberley (almost 13, wishes she was 21!)
Stateroom 2601
Hi Monica! Your count is correct. One last thing about the FE list- I wanted to anyone who is thinking about upgrading rooms at the port. If you have any possibility of that, be sure to put a note on the door of your old stateroom indicating your new stateroom number so we can find you! I have seen people make a simple note like "The Smith's Have Moved to 5520", just stick a magnet on the back of it and stick it to the door of your old stateroom so when we deliver gifts, we'll know where you went. Hope this helps!

Okay, ya'll. Not feeling so well, so I may be spradically on between now and trip time.

I have developed a VERY tentative and informal itinirary based on the feedback we recieved. Now, those of you with kids, since I don't have kids, I did not really include any children activities. You may want to consult amongst yourselves a meeting time for the kids or whatever.

9:30-10ish pm until ? Saturday 01/02- The Official Meet and Greet- Diversions. I know 9:30 may be pushing it for those like myself who have late seating, but if you can get there around then, it would be awesome. According to the Navigators I've seen, Magic Quest starts at 10:15. That is definitely something I am interested in, so I did want to go to that. If anyone else wants to go, perhaps we can go down there as a group. Maybe we could participate! Haha.

10:30ish pm- Monday 01/04- Disney Karaoke- Studio Sea. This is an activity that I have found on this day at this time in most of the Navigators. You may want to check the Navigator and we can adjust accordingly. Karaoke is just fun, I think.

9:00 am- Thursday 01/07- Cove Cafe- thought this might be a nice time to relax and reflect on the cruise, maybe exchange contact information, things like that in a nice relaxing environment. I know for some, it may run into a character breakfast.

Recipe exchange- I did receive some interest in this. It would be really super informal. Just pm me fairly soon if you are for sure interested and we can coordinate room numbers and how many. Maybe just one person brings one recipe for each other person in the exchange. Put it on or under another participant's door or FE if they have one.

I plan to work out in the gym most mornings that I am there. If anyone is interested in having a workout partner, just let me know!

Do you know how hard it is to get up when you have a big fluffy puppy on your feet? Welp, I have Christmas cards to finish. Have a great day!

Okay, ya'll. Not feeling so well, so I may be spradically on between now and trip time.

I have developed a VERY tentative and informal itinirary based on the feedback we recieved. Now, those of you with kids, since I don't have kids, I did not really include any children activities. You may want to consult amongst yourselves a meeting time for the kids or whatever.

9:30-10ish pm until ? Saturday 01/02- The Official Meet and Greet- Diversions. I know 9:30 may be pushing it for those like myself who have late seating, but if you can get there around then, it would be awesome. According to the Navigators I've seen, Magic Quest starts at 10:15. That is definitely something I am interested in, so I did want to go to that. If anyone else wants to go, perhaps we can go down there as a group. Maybe we could participate! Haha.

10:30ish pm- Monday 01/04- Disney Karaoke- Studio Sea. This is an activity that I have found on this day at this time in most of the Navigators. You may want to check the Navigator and we can adjust accordingly. Karaoke is just fun, I think.

9:00 am- Thursday 01/07- Cove Cafe- thought this might be a nice time to relax and reflect on the cruise, maybe exchange contact information, things like that in a nice relaxing environment. I know for some, it may run into a character breakfast.

Recipe exchange- I did receive some interest in this. It would be really super informal. Just pm me fairly soon if you are for sure interested and we can coordinate room numbers and how many. Maybe just one person brings one recipe for each other person in the exchange. Put it on or under another participant's door or FE if they have one.

I plan to work out in the gym most mornings that I am there. If anyone is interested in having a workout partner, just let me know!

Do you know how hard it is to get up when you have a big fluffy puppy on your feet? Welp, I have Christmas cards to finish. Have a great day!
Hey Melissa,

Thanks for putting this list together, it will be awesome to have several opportunities for us to all meet and get together!

If you don’t mind, I have some feedback based on your tentative list you have so far:

1)For the official Meet and Greet- Diversions won’t work because after 9:00 PM it is for adults only, and some families might like to bring their kids along so they can meet too (at my meet last year there were several kids, so we met in the Promenade Lounge). Also, 9:30 is really cutting it close for late dinner folks—dinner is not until 8:15, so that would only be an hour and 15 minutes, that would be really rushing. I would suggest no earlier than 9:45 but really 10:00 would be better so no one is rushing, what do you think?

2)The Cove Café idea sounds really great—and I have a great suggestion—how about you schedule the 9:00 AM Cove Café thing for Sunday, Monday, and Thursday? This way it is scheduled on all three sea days, and if one interferes with someone’s Palo brunch or Character Breakfast, they can always have another day to choose from. How does that sound?

3)How about scheduling afternoon drinks on Secret Aft Deck 7 on the sea days, like maybe 3:00 PM on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday? Again, like the Cove Café thing, scheduling it on several days allows people to pick and choose what best fits their schedules.

How does this sound? Anyone else have any suggestions? We should probably try to finalize this and PM it out to everyone ASAP because some people have already said they will be traveling this week and not around for internet access.

-Nicole

Hey, great ideas - I like the informality and especially like the morning work out :yay: buddy 'cause if this menopause eating binge doesn't get any better, I will need an extra stateroom for my butt! :rotfl:

Would it make sense to leave messages in the various staterooms about these Get-Togethers? There are phones and you can get wake up calls, so maybe we can do the same with other activities - it would simply let others know and I am certain that rather than calling 18 staterooms, a group distribution could be created (hmmmmmm, something to ponder and ask the customer service group once we get on DCL)

Anyhow, I am trying to finish two papers :surfweb: due on the 15th of January, but instead, I am dreaming :rolleyes: of DCLs "MAGIC"

See you all soon.....
Hugs
Monica & the Moran Family :dance3:

It sounds like I am in the opposite situation as most of you. We have the early dinner seating and with the 5 year old, 10:00 is the longest we can last.

Would it make sense to hold the initial cruise meet from 9:30 to 10:30 Saturday? Some of us would be leaving early while others would arrive late, but perhaps between all the comings and goings, most would at least cross paths.

Another alternative would be a 3:00 meeting like many DIS meets do, but there is always so much going on that first afternoon.

1)For the official Meet and Greet- Diversions won’t work because after 9:00 PM it is for adults only, and some families might like to bring their kids along so they can meet too (at my meet last year there were several kids, so we met in the Promenade Lounge). Also, 9:30 is really cutting it close for late dinner folks—dinner is not until 8:15, so that would only be an hour and 15 minutes, that would be really rushing. I would suggest no earlier than 9:45 but really 10:00 would be better so no one is rushing, what do you think?

Yeah, I knew that about Diversions, but figured since most people were planning a late meeting time that most people weren't planning on bringing the kids. I didn't mean to leave anyone out. Also, with the time, I kind of thought maybe the early eaters could get the ball rolling till we late people could get there?

I think I explained about Magic Quest? I checked and Saturday night is the only night they have it. I just assume I won't be the only one wanting to go. Now, MQ is scheduled from 10:15 (and I think I read you have to get there early to participate) until 10:45. Maybe I (we) could swing by afterwards and see if people are still around?

An hour and 15 minutes for dinner is not rushing it for me, haha. It might rush our servers, but I think I can eat fast. Lol.

Anyway, if anyone has other suggestions, I'd appreciate it! We could always go with the 3 pm if that would be easier?

2)The Cove Café idea sounds really great—and I have a great suggestion—how about you schedule the 9:00 AM Cove Café thing for Sunday, Monday, and Thursday? This way it is scheduled on all three sea days, and if one interferes with someone’s Palo brunch or Character Breakfast, they can always have another day to choose from. How does that sound?

3)How about scheduling afternoon drinks on Secret Aft Deck 7 on the sea days, like maybe 3:00 PM on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday? Again, like the Cove Café thing, scheduling it on several days allows people to pick and choose what best fits their schedules.

Yeah, both those ideas sound fine with me. By the way, I don't think it would interfere with Palo brunch, as I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) the earliest Palo brunch is 10:30?

Yeah, I knew that about Diversions, but figured since most people were planning a late meeting time that most people weren't planning on bringing the kids. I didn't mean to leave anyone out. Also, with the time, I kind of thought maybe the early eaters could get the ball rolling till we late people could get there?

I think I explained about Magic Quest? I checked and Saturday night is the only night they have it. I just assume I won't be the only one wanting to go. Now, MQ is scheduled from 10:15 (and I think I read you have to get there early to participate) until 10:45. Maybe I (we) could swing by afterwards and see if people are still around?

An hour and 15 minutes for dinner is not rushing it for me, haha. It might rush our servers, but I think I can eat fast. Lol.

Anyway, if anyone has other suggestions, I'd appreciate it! We could always go with the 3 pm if that would be easier?

Yeah, both those ideas sound fine with me. By the way, I don't think it would interfere with Palo brunch, as I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) the earliest Palo brunch is 10:30?
Another option might be 3 or 4 PM the next day (Sunday) since it is a sea day, and even though it is the middle of the day, it wont be so hectic like the first day with boarding, lifeboat drill, etc...any thoughts on that? If we do decide to stick with Saturday night though, I think we should probably go with Promenade Lounge or another area that all ages are welcome--we aren't traveling with kids so it doesnt matter to me personally, but I know we have a lot of families with both young and older kids who might like to participate in the Meet, and I remember people brought their kids to our meet last year, so to be fair I think we should choose a location that fits for everyone.

As far as having it at 9:30 on Saturday night, I can see the other point of view of people with young kids not being able to be out late, so I guess 9:30 will have to be a compromise for everyone if decide on that. I personally think eating in an hour and 15 minutes is way too fast to be able to enjoy the meal and the atmosphere and having time to relax, but then again my family and I are "foodies" who routinely go out to eat and usually take 2 hours, we usually order our appetizers first and don't even order entrees until appetizers are finished! Of course on the cruise we don't do that since we are with tablemates and have to be considerate of everyone at the table and the difficulty the kitchen must face serving that many people at once ; ) So I guess for the first night for the meet we can compromise and leave dinner early if we have to, I'm looking forward to the meet and wouldn't miss it for anything!

Okay ya'll so I just decided to make the executive decision

Saturday 01/02- 10:15 pm- Diversions- Adults only get together- this won't be the official meet, but since there was a lot of interest in an evening time, this may be a nice option. I will try to swing by after MQ to see if there are still people around. If I don't get selected to participate, I may be over sooner. Again, if anyone is reading this and interested in MQ, let me know, and maybe we can form a team to compete!

Sunday 01/03- 3:30 pm- Promenade Lounge- The "Official" New Decade Brigade meet :) I checked the Navigators and this seems to be a pretty light period of the day. Hopefully, between the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, we'll all get a chance to be acquainted with one another.

Monday, Thurs- 9 am- Cove Cafe- Morning Coffee/reflections- for those of us early birds, this might be a nice non-hectic time for conversation, etc.

Monday, Thurs- 3 pm- Secret Deck 7 Aft- Drinks/Socializing- Another time for getting together.

Monday 01/04- 10:30ish pm- Disney Karaoke- Studio Sea. This does not have to be a meet activity persay. But, if anyone goes, maybe we can all get together and belt out a tune! Maybe we need a Meet Theme Song!

Informal- If anyone here likes a good game of cards (Uno, rummy, euchre, Phase 10, etc), let me know, and I will see if we can set some games up. Also, as I mentioned before, I will likely be working out in the morning time, so if anyone wants to join up for that, feel free!

Saturday 01/02- 10:15 pm- Diversions- Adults only get together- this won't be the official meet, but since there was a lot of interest in an evening time, this may be a nice option. I will try to swing by after MQ to see if there are still people around. If I don't get selected to participate, I may be over sooner. Again, if anyone is reading this and interested in MQ, let me know, and maybe we can form a team to compete!

Sunday 01/03- 3:30 pm- Promenade Lounge- The "Official" New Decade Brigade meet :) I checked the Navigators and this seems to be a pretty light period of the day. Hopefully, between the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, we'll all get a chance to be acquainted with one another.

Monday, Thurs- 9 am- Cove Cafe- Morning Coffee/reflections- for those of us early birds, this might be a nice non-hectic time for conversation, etc.

Monday, Thurs- 3 pm- Secret Deck 7 Aft- Drinks/Socializing- Another time for getting together.

Monday 01/04- 10:30ish pm- Disney Karaoke- Studio Sea. This does not have to be a meet activity persay. But, if anyone goes, maybe we can all get together and belt out a tune! Maybe we need a Meet Theme Song!

Informal- If anyone here likes a good game of cards (Uno, rummy, euchre, Phase 10, etc), let me know, and I will see if we can set some games up. Also, as I mentioned before, I will likely be working out in the morning time, so if anyone wants to join up for that, feel free!
Melissa, that sounds awesome! I think you made a great compromise of having an adults meet and then another meet the next afternoon for everyone, that is the best idea! I'm sure we'll all be able to catch up with one another at some (or various) points during the cruise with all these fun things scheduled!

Sounds great, I am excited about the meets. I will definitely bring my boys on Sunday to meet the other kids. Of course will also be at the night one as well. thanks Melissa for organizing this. I am so in need of this vacation. Hours and Minutes are flying by. Just finished my wrapping for Christmas. As I am working this week, my DH and DS's went to his families yesterday (5 hours away) and coming back tomorrow. Then we will have Christmas here the AM of 25th, my DH works nights on 25th. I just hope they make it back safe. The roads were absolutely terrible today. They got a major snowfall, and the highway was even closed there for a while. There were so many accidents today, it was pretty slow going due to the ice. Two more days of work for me, before we leave.

Anyways if i don't log on again in the next day or two, I want to wish you and your families a Very Safe and Merry Christmas.

Take Care everyone. :santa::grouphug: Karen

Merry Christmas New Decade Brigade! The Overly's look forward to seeing all of y'all on the cruise. Have a wonderful Holiday. :santa:

Merry Christmas everyone! Can't wait to see everyone soon, and please remember to bring the Fish Extender list with you on the cruise so you have everyone's stateroom numbers : )

I can't believe its almost here!!!

Well, here we go. When the kid wakes up this morning (Can you believe that it's 7:20 here on Christmas morning and he still hasn't woken up yet?) he will see that Santa has brought him a Disney Cruise and trip to Disneyworld in 5 days. It has been a chore keeping it a secret this long!

I love people whp make executive decisions. We spend more time in my house deciding than we do actually doing. :)

Minnesota has been bombarded with snow. I need sunshine and warmth very badly. Only a few more days. :)

Have a very happy and healthy holidays season!

Ruth

This time, next week folks...

If you are NOT participating in the FE exchange, but are interested in/planning to come to the meets, would you mind pm-ing me your stateroom number?

I have some cute itinerary cards for all that are interested.

I hope everyone's holiday is going well. I may need to try on my formal dress.....I feel like I have gained so much weight since I tried it on two weeks ago. If I cannot fit into it.....it will not be good! lol

This time, next week folks...

If you are NOT participating in the FE exchange, but are interested in/planning to come to the meets, would you mind pm-ing me your stateroom number?

I have some cute itinerary cards for all that are interested.

I hope everyone's holiday is going well. I may need to try on my formal dress.....I feel like I have gained so much weight since I tried it on two weeks ago. If I cannot fit into it.....it will not be good! lol
I know, as it is the 2nd day in a row of dreary, rainy weather in NJ, I am just dreaming away of we're we'll be this time next week like you said!!!

I'm a little confused though- why are you asking about those who are not in the FE exchange but want to do meets, asking them to PM you stateroom numbers? Are you going to deliver the cards with the meet itinerary to each person on the FE list and anyone else who is interested? Just want to make sure I understand correctly, I was going to print out the itinerary but if you are making up nice cards, I'll just wait for that!

I'm a little confused though- why are you asking about those who are not in the FE exchange but want to do meets, asking them to PM you stateroom numbers? Are you going to deliver the cards with the meet itinerary to each person on the FE list and anyone else who is interested? Just want to make sure I understand correctly, I was going to print out the itinerary but if you are making up nice cards, I'll just wait for that!

Right! I made up itinerary cards that I plan to put in all the FE's and to anyone else who is interested in the meets. I know most of the regulars here are participating in the FE exchange, but still, wanted to put it out there. I cannot guarantee how "nice" they are but still....

So, quote of the evening, from me to my mom: "So me and Jessie may have found me a boyfriend at church tonight. I don't know his name or how old he is or if he has a girlfriend, and I haven't figured out how to speak to him......but I like my chances." :rotfl2: oh too, too funny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter