“Find My Friends” iOS App in WDW

kaze1sd

If you see my Alien Green paint chip tags, say hi!
Morning DIS’ers!

We are going to be visiting WDW with two other families (12 people total) who all have Apple iPhones.

Was just curious if anyone has had any experience using the “Find My Friends” app in the parks to help locate people in your party? If so, any tips, tricks, or advice? Thanks in advance!

There's a Find My Friends app? Can't you just text your friends and say hey, I'm in front of the entrance to Splash Mountain, or wherever you are?

Download the app Life360. My best friend and her mom were in Disney over Thanksgiving, and I was not, so I was their fastpass maker. I had all day to sit and refresh and make more FPs for them. We each downloaded the app Life360, and I could see where they were in great detail - I even texted her at one point "hey, I know you're near this store, could you please run in and buy me X shirt? It's only sold there" :rotfl: It worked perfectly.

Just be aware that it will track and show your location to your friends at all times, and friends just pull up the app to view it at any given moment, so tell them to disable the app after the trip if you don't want to always have access to each others whereabouts.

Last edited:
I use Find iPhone to track my family. I like to see when they are on their way home from sport or school events so I know when to pick them up. They often fall asleep and forget to text me until they are in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

There's a Find My Friends app? Can't you just text your friends and say hey, I'm in front of the entrance to Splash Mountain, or wherever you are?

Yeah we could and probably will. Just looking to see what other tools are available to help. There are going to be times that where we go separate ways (teenagers will probably go ride the more thrilling rides, dads will probably take the little kids around, and moms will go shop). It would be nice to just to be passively see where everyone is at the moment (even if we aren't trying to meetup). Yeah, I'm a "mother" hen.

Download the app Life360. My best friend and her mom were in Disney over Thanksgiving, and I was not, so I was their fastpass maker. I had all day to sit and refresh and make more FPs for them. We each downloaded the app Life360, and I could see where they were in great detail - I even texted her at one point "hey, I know you're near this store, could you please run in and by me X shirt? It's only sold there" :rotfl: It worked perfectly.

Just be aware that it will track and show your location to your friends at all times, and friends just pull up the app to view it at any given moment, so tell them to disable the app after the trip if you don't want to always have access to each others whereabouts.

That's pretty awesome! That sounds like it could be a business.

I use Find iPhone to track my family. I like to see when they are on their way home from sport or school events so I know when to pick them up. They often fall asleep and forget to text me until they are in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

We use it all the time within our family also. Just have never used outside our own family. Have never used the find my friends app but imagine it's pretty similar.

That's pretty awesome! That sounds like it could be a business.

That’s what they said! I honestly had a lot of fun doing it. I got to live vicariously through them!

I think the app would be perfect for what you’re trying to do.

Hi! You def can just text but that depends if they can hear the text and calls... I mentioned to my BIL it's a nice surprise I don't hear people's phones going off in Disney! Anyway, my BIL totally used the Find My Friends App in Disney and it's pretty accurate! We found my sister a few times with it. We got out of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and she wasn't answering us but we saw that she was just behind the ride! HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter