• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

I was holding out for the purple, too. Why oh why can't it be added?

I do love the purple glitter choice for DD. So is the Small World one!

I vote Little Miss: Green MB with the scales You: Pink MB with multicolored
:thumbsup2

And I wish I'd seen the scales earlier I'm having my mermaid make-over for my birthday this weekend!
:bday:

Absolutely love the Small World design!! That would be precious on Little Miss, and especially since she's seen it... I bet she would be over the moon to have it.

I also think the style 9, Perfect Lilly, is really sweet and pretty -- it would look fab on a pink band for you :)
I think I am 99% decided on that one.

Glad to hear your plans are coming along. It's exciting planning a trip. I've stayed at Pop once and had no complaints.

I like the Small World Magic Band designs better than the Frozen ones for Little Miss.

The rose (style 9) is really pretty. Personally, I'd go with the chevron design in fuschia. DH's band is really cool.

I really like the Small World band! Not a fan of the ride so much, but that band is cute.
SHe loves the ride and the book.

The Blue one is pretty! But I also really like the black one. :D

I like style 5 and style 7 would go good with a pink band.

I like that Tron look! If I hadn't already bought premade magicbands I could see my DH wearing that.
You could always order them for the bands that come with the reservation. Tron and Small world came from Magicyourband.com the others came from myfantasybands.com

I don't know what to pick, but wow - lots of cool Magic Band designs!
Too many too choose from! If you are looking for a way to change up some of the bands that you have this is an easy way to do it!

Izzy has also been wishing for purple. Wonder why they don't make one?
:confused3 Because they can make more money making it a custom only band?

i am zero help with the magic bands I purchased a whole bunch of decals before our May trip and didn't use them for either trip....so I'm useless!

But I do wish they would get purple!
:rotfl2::thumbsup2

Yeah... my input is useless. I like the one you have for your DH though.
:thumbsup2 Yeah he was easy. I pinned a few options for him and he was quick to choose this one without hemming and hawing.

I was holding out for the purple, too. Why oh why can't it be added?
:confused3 Because they can make more money making it a custom only band?

I do love the purple glitter choice for DD. So is the Small World one!

ADRs

Due to when we started making these decisions I completely missed the 180 day mark. However this turned out alright because with our decision to stick mostly to qs meals and using the qs plan we don’t really have that many ADRs.

20150514_103251_zps87ckjjvn.jpg

ADR #1: As soon as it was decided to go with the QS plan I hopped on to MDE and grabbed us a ADR for lunch at BOG. This was great last time and I am thrilled that we can do it again. This will also be a great way to get an in park break when it gets hot.

I actually recently realize that I some how got my hands on 2 ADRs for Lunch at BOG. One at 11am and one at 1:10 now that I have FPs locked in and working with our schedule I'll probably let the 11am one go soon.

20150506_200448_zpszxj23l82.jpg

ADR#2: with only 1 park day and us not thrilled with the idea of exhausting Little Miss in a park the same day as the wedding itself, DH and I thought that this would be the perfect time to try out a breakfast Table Service. On trips with heavy park time, getting to a adr at another resort adds a layer to the challenge.

I first grabbed us a 10:30 breakfast adr at Kona Café. Somewhere we have never been and have been curious about for awhile. However, I was still worried that with such a late night in the parks the night before if even 10:30 would be pushing it. Especially because this is the day of the wedding and we certainly don’t want her to crash while at the wedding.

However when @afwdwfan posted a picture of their impromptu dinner at 1900 Park Fare, Little Miss saw the picture and started in on a conversation about how wonderful our meal there was and how much she enjoyed it. That got me to thinking and due to our limited time in the parks she won’t have a huge amount of character interaction. {Which would clearly be a shame considering how much she loves meeting them.} While more park time might be a tad too much to hope for I can get her some time with some good characters. I took a glance at the menu and I was sold. I now have us booked for an 11:30 “Breakfast”. It should be late enough to act as more of a “Brunch”. I think I am getting very excited about this one. I just hope it lives up to how wonderful our dinner there was. This breakfast will also give Little Miss the chance to get 3 new signatures for her autograph book.
The Characters at Breakfast are Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Tigger, and Pooh. Mary Poppins and Mad Hatter were high on our hope to come across list for our trip in May but we never did meet them.

At this meal I am most excited to try out the Cheese
Blintzes. I have only ever found them at Ihop and used to just love them but they went missing from Ihops menu a while back and haven't had any since. We will also of course be loading up on the yummy strawberry soup! Yum!!!

ADR #1: As soon as it was decided to go with the QS plan I hopped on to MDE and grabbed us a ADR for lunch at BOG.

I first grabbed us a 10:30 breakfast adr at Kona Café.

I've heard many good things about that...

1900 Park Fare ... I now have us booked for an 11:30 “Breakfast”.

To heck with Kona! :rolleyes:

Little Miss will probably enjoy this one better anyway.

At this meal I am most excited to try out the Cheese Blintzes.

Something I don't think I've ever had.

We will also of course be loading up on the yummy strawberry soup! Yum!!!

We love the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I actually plan on making an ADR for it for our 2017 trip. :D We did the Dinner and the breakfast there on our very first trip. I couldn't wrap my head around the cold soup so I never did try it... :rolleyes: Maybe next time.

I booked a breakfast at Kona on Sunday! I'll let you know how it is. :thumbsup2 Sounds like everything is lining up for you.

Your plans seem to be coming along nicely. That will be a great interaction with Mary Poppins! As far as your magic band choices, they all seem great!

I think adding 1900PF is a good idea. That is pretty much the exact reasoning for why we decided to grab a last minute ADR. I mean, we didn't have park tickets, we were about 20 minutes away and we had to eat dinner somewhere. Why not take advantage of a chance to see some characters?

I'm glad to see that despite being inside the 180 day window that you were able to get a couple of BoG lunch ADR's that could possibly work for you. Maybe that means the popularity of the place is finally at least leveling off a little bit.

I just made an ADR at 1900 Park Fare too! We're going for dinner this time. Not the ideal time as we could only get a 4:30pm ressie but I'll be on the lookout for some better ADR times. I'm so excited for that strawberry soup!!!

BTW, I LOVE that small world decal for the bands. I totally want one now!

I've heard many good things about that...
So have I. I guess I'll get there eventually!

To heck with Kona! :rolleyes:

Little Miss will probably enjoy this one better anyway.
She really will. I'm now super excited for it as well.

Something I don't think I've ever had.
I don't ever see them around much. I'm not sure why. but if they are as good as I remember than I'll be asking for the recipe so I can finally make them at home.

We love the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I actually plan on making an ADR for it for our 2017 trip. :D

We did the Dinner and the breakfast there on our very first trip. I couldn't wrap my head around the cold soup so I never did try it... :rolleyes: Maybe next time.
I was at first as well but you really have to try it! Here is the recipe for it if you are curious about it. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/...berry-soup-from-disney-worlds-1900-park-fare/

I booked a breakfast at Kona on Sunday! I'll let you know how it is. :thumbsup2 Sounds like everything is lining up for you.

Your plans seem to be coming along nicely. That will be a great interaction with Mary Poppins! As far as your magic band choices, they all seem great!
I hope so! I'll decide eventually I'm sure! LOL!

I think adding 1900PF is a good idea. That is pretty much the exact reasoning for why we decided to grab a last minute ADR. I mean, we didn't have park tickets, we were about 20 minutes away and we had to eat dinner somewhere. Why not take advantage of a chance to see some characters?
::yes:: And she'll be over the moon about it too!

I'm glad to see that despite being inside the 180 day window that you were able to get a couple of BoG lunch ADR's that could possibly work for you. Maybe that means the popularity of the place is finally at least leveling off a little bit.
maybe.:confused3 I didn't question it. LOL.

I just made an ADR at 1900 Park Fare too! We're going for dinner this time.

Not the ideal time as we could only get a 4:30pm ressie but I'll be on the lookout for some better ADR times. I'm so excited for that strawberry soup!!!
Good luck! Mmmmm Strawberry soup!!! popcorn::

BTW, I LOVE that small world decal for the bands. I totally want one now!
:rotfl:Its hard to say no isn't it? lol!

I think you made good ADR choices given the circumstances. Lu ch at BoG is the perfect way to cool off in May.

My mother and I loved our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The food was good (can't say how it compares to dinner) and the Mad Hatter was awesome. I'm not even an Alice in Wonderland fan but Mad Hatter was one of the best character interactions I've ever had. I really hope it's the same for you all. I'm sure DD will love the interaction since she won't have as much time in the parks.

Late to the party but I vote for either the Mermaid scales or Small World bands! I'm going to have to go to the site and look at covers for us. Is shipping fast?

And those ADRs sound like great choices! I would love to try the 1900 PF breakfast one day!

I think you made good ADR choices given the circumstances. Lu ch at BoG is the perfect way to cool off in May.
It should be a good opportunity for a break without leaving the park. At least that's the goal. Besides, after Little MIss's reaction last trip to eating at BOG how could I not get us an adr there?

My mother and I loved our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. The food was good (can't say how it compares to dinner) and the Mad Hatter was awesome. I'm not even an Alice in Wonderland fan but Mad Hatter was one of the best character interactions I've ever had. I really hope it's the same for you all. I'm sure DD will love the interaction since she won't have as much time in the parks.
I keep hearing this about the mad hatter. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Late to the party but I vote for either the Mermaid scales or Small World bands! I'm going to have to go to the site and look at covers for us. Is shipping fast?
I haven't ordered from magicyourbands.com yet before (But thanks to your reminder I'm going to go do it now.) However, myfantasybands.com sends them in a regular envelope in the mail and I generally get them within a week 2 at most.

And those ADRs sound like great choices! I would love to try the 1900 PF breakfast one day!
I'm looking forward to it!

Awww, so sorry your trip had to come to an end!! I love the Royal Room pics... they look lovely. The Port Orleans resorts are themed so well.

OH my gosh. Poor Little Miss, she's like "We can't stay here forever... what do you mean we have to go home?"

This trip was one dreams are made of. We had anticipated it for so long and then to have it be such a magical trip it was beyond amazing. One of the best trips I’ve ever been on anywhere. With that said here are our take-aways from the trip

I am so glad you had such a magical trip! Not being a mom yet I don't know how it feels to see it through a child's eyes but I'm sure it was so magical taking her to your favorite place!

~Travel with 2 outfit changes/ park day minimum for each person INCLUDING adults. It was just so refreshing to be able to put on a fresh set of clothes before striking back out for our evening park.

This is such a good idea. I'm always an over-packer, but on our last trip I packed way more long sleeve/ 3 quarter length sleeve stuff, and it was so hot that I pretty much ran out of options! Nothing better than changing out of sweaty Animal Kingdom clothes and into some fresh ones, haha.

~Brought our potty seat/stool from home for Little Miss to stand on around the room where needed. We ended up coming home with not only no setbacks in the potty training, she hit a few milestones while we were there.

When I saw that in your Royal Room pics, I thought, man you guys did bring everything! But I'm sure it was a great help to have that handy.

~Bring different sandals. While I am a flip flop fan and my Rainbows are my daily foot wear DH and I both found that our feet and ankles needed the extra support of the sneakers. However, I ended up with some killer blisters because of it.

Have you ever tried Skechers Go Walks? I bought a pair on Amazon with the GogaMat inserts and they are heavenly. I didn't have any foot problems at all last trip.

~ Rope Drop Animal Kingdom to help cut down on the amount of time we are exposed to the intense heat of that park.

YES! I can't stand being in that park after like 1 pm because it is hotter than the surface of the sun, for real.

Why: We have a close family friend’s wedding to go to in Orlando and I just couldn’t be THAT close to Disney and not get at least a taste of it.

:banana::banana: Yay for another trip! Any excuse to go to Disney, right!? I would NOT be able to be within an hour and not go!

Having read so many positive things about Pop here on the disboards, and the fact that it is a simi-sister resort to Art of Animation so we could still spend some time browsing around and enjoying that food court should we want to, we decided that Pop was the better option.

I LOVE Pop. We have stayed there twice, just for a few nights each time, but honestly I really enjoy it. Their food court is fine, Art of Animation's is even better, and the whole resort is just fun. I don't think our rooms have ever been too far from the main building which was nice. A couple times we've caught the bus back to AOA and walked back to Pop. The surf and surf burger at their food court is delish.

MFB_Shop_Lilly.jpg

I’m seriously leaning toward this rose pattern (Style 9) while not very Disneyish it is very pretty and fun. I could also see Styles 1, 2, or 5 working for Little Miss. Little Miss has also seen these and has commented that she liked them all!

OMG how have I never seen these!? How cute! I have a pink Magic Band that could use some Lilly... :cheer2: For Little Miss I like the Lilly and I also really like the Small World one.. how fun!

I took a glance at the menu and I was sold. I now have us booked for an 11:30 “Breakfast”. It should be late enough to act as more of a “Brunch”.

That is an awesome idea! I totally agree with taking it easy the day of the wedding.

Awww, so sorry your trip had to come to an end!! I love the Royal Room pics... they look lovely. The Port Orleans resorts are themed so well.
Trips ending is never fun. But it helps that our blisters were so bad that we wouldn't have been able to enjoy much more anyways.

OH my gosh. Poor Little Miss, she's like "We can't stay here forever... what do you mean we have to go home?"
::yes:::rotfl: The only pouty pictures the entire trip! LOL!

I am so glad you had such a magical trip! Not being a mom yet I don't know how it feels to see it through a child's eyes but I'm sure it was so magical taking her to your favorite place!
Seeing magic through any child's eyes is special. What I found is, seeing the magic through YOUR OWN child's eyes... there really aren't words.

This is such a good idea. I'm always an over-packer, but on our last trip I packed way more long sleeve/ 3 quarter length sleeve stuff, and it was so hot that I pretty much ran out of options! Nothing better than changing out of sweaty Animal Kingdom clothes and into some fresh ones, haha.
There isn't much worse than feeling gross and not having something to change into.

When I saw that in your Royal Room pics, I thought, man you guys did bring everything! But I'm sure it was a great help to have that handy.
Keep in mind also we were traveling for 10 days with a nearly 3 year old. toddlers come with an obscene amount of stuff.

Have you ever tried Skechers Go Walks? I bought a pair on Amazon with the GogaMat inserts and they are heavenly. I didn't have any foot problems at all last trip.
Sketchers don't come in my size. I've got big feet. LOL. :rotfl:

YES! I can't stand being in that park after like 1 pm because it is hotter than the surface of the sun, for real.
As the Dis Unplugged crew says, That Park is Africa Hot! :sunny:

:banana::banana: Yay for another trip! Any excuse to go to Disney, right!? I would NOT be able to be within an hour and not go!
::yes:: yeah the wedding hotels are only 30 minutes away. I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

I LOVE Pop. We have stayed there twice, just for a few nights each time, but honestly I really enjoy it. Their food court is fine, Art of Animation's is even better, and the whole resort is just fun. I don't think our rooms have ever been too far from the main building which was nice. A couple times we've caught the bus back to AOA and walked back to Pop. The surf and surf burger at their food court is delish.

OMG how have I never seen these!? How cute! I have a pink Magic Band that could use some Lilly... :cheer2: For Little Miss I like the Lilly and I also really like the Small World one.. how fun!
:rotfl2: The band decals on Myfantasybands and MagicYourBand are fun. Heck Magicyourband even has a custom option!

That is an awesome idea! I totally agree with taking it easy the day of the wedding.
We should all have some big fun that is for sure!

At the end of last week we paid off our balance and completed our online check in. We also put in our order for our magic bands and our orders for the decals. There are now only 37 days till our trip, and it has finally hit me that we are actually going back to Disney soon!:hyper:

FP+ Choices:

So unless someone is very nice and surprises me with an extra day of park tickets for my birthday:wizard: (Feb 21st) we right now only have 1 day tickets for Magic Kingdom (Kind of a no brainer choice when you only have one day if you ask me.) And yes blatant hints to DH and my mother on what I would like have been made. :rotfl:

In planning our park day there were things that made it easier and things that added a challenge to it.

Easier:

-Little Miss is for sure above the 40” cut off now. Last we measured her with shoes on she is 42”.

-Since we were just there and we weren’t expecting to be back this soon this trip feels more like bonus Disney time and the list of MUST DO’s is a bit smaller.

Harder:

- I am currently on fertility drugs to attempt for our second child and so the chances of me being pregnant while we are down there is greater however not guaranteed (I'll know my chances on this better at the end of the month). I don’t see this being too terrible of an issue because most of the rides that are prohibited while pregnant aren’t rides on my must do list anyways.

As for choosing our actual FPs, I tried to narrow it down so that the Fast Passes will work with all (Count ‘um)
4 itinerary options {I'm not over planning or anything!:rolleyes2:rotfl2:} I have created. That way we can flex between the options as we please with as little disruption as possible. I knew that none of the mountains were a high priority for any of us and after the two meh visits with Anna and Elsa last trip I wasn’t up for fighting for one of those either. As fun as the Mine Train was it really did cause issues when it came time to get in and out of the ride vehicle and with the potential of me being pregnant and possibly not even knowing it yet I just feel better skipping that as well. After narrowing those down and waffling I have narrowed down our picks to the 3 following:

~ Cinderella & Rapunzel Meet:

- 11am - 12pm

~Buzz Lightyear Spin:

- 12:25pm - 1:25pm

~Peter Pan:

-3:15pm - 4:15pm

We tried for a better Peter Pan time but this was all we could get that was closest fit to the itinerary planed. THe timing on Buzz also cause a few headaches that had to be resolved.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that I've been reading your report and then HAD to go read your PTR so I could see your autograph book. TOO cute! We go quite often and last year I made everyone a smash book for signatures. This year I am going to copy your idea and go with a bound book, what a great idea! I also love the magic band covers. Any advise on them? We have 14 in our party, with 9 of those being "kids". My oldest is 25, but he's still a kid at heart. The youngest is 5.
wd022wdw201416285224628_zps5d3416f6.jpeg

We'll be at AKV from June 6-13 and then Vero Beach from June 13-15. I have about every day packed with something.
I can't wait to read your next report. You'll be back by the time we get to leave. So I'll live vicariously though your adventures once again.
Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself and say that I have enjoyed your report and think your little one is too cute.

I just wanted to say that I've been reading your report and then HAD to go read your PTR so I could see your autograph book.
:wave2: I'm so glad you enjoyed my TR and PTR!

TOO cute! We go quite often and last year I made everyone a smash book for signatures. This year I am going to copy your idea and go with a bound book, what a great idea!
:thanks: Little Miss loves her autograph book. Not only that but it really did create opportunities for great character interaction throughout the trip. I had to be sneaky in gathering it up so I would have it with the stuff for March.

I also love the magic band covers. Any advise on them?
My big advise is to be careful what you put on top of them. THe acrylic sealer I used on the painted bands never 100% dried. Once we got them in the pool they became sticky and picked up all kinds of dirt and junk. I had to strip my black and red one this past weekend because it was so gross. If you stick to the decals alone you should be fine. Little MIss just had a decal and some paint on the mickey head and it was fine the whole trip and is still in good condition for March. If you decide to paint any try dunking them in a pool with chlorine before you leave. That way if they get sticky you have a chance to fix it before you leave.

At the end of last week we paid off our balance and completed our online check in. We also put in our order for our magic bands and our orders for the decals. There are now only 37 days till our trip, and it has finally hit me that we are actually going back to Disney soon!:hyper:
Awesome! Always nice to have it paid off and watch the days tick down.

So unless someone is very nice and surprises me with an extra day of park tickets for my birthday:wizard: (Feb 21st) we right now only have 1 day tickets for Magic Kingdom (Kind of a no brainer choice when you only have one day if you ask me.) And yes blatant hints to DH and my mother on what I would like have been made. :rotfl:
Good luck! I hope they get them for you!

Little Miss is for sure above the 40” cut off now. Last we measured her with shoes on she is 42”.
That's great! Now she can ride all of the rides that you're planning to skip anyway!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Since we were just there and we weren’t expecting to be back this soon this trip feels more like bonus Disney time and the list of MUST DO’s is a bit smaller.
::yes:: I definitely know the feeling. There are still a lot of must do's, but you just don't feel quite so bad if you can't do them all.

I am currently on fertility drugs to attempt for our second child and so the chances of me being pregnant while we are down there is greater however not guaranteed (I'll know my chances on this better at the end of the month). I don’t see this being too terrible of an issue because most of the rides that are prohibited while pregnant aren’t rides on my must do list anyways.
Good luck!

We tried for a better Peter Pan time but this was all we could get that was closest fit to the itinerary planed. THe timing on Buzz also cause a few headaches that had to be resolved.
Not a bad plan. Too bad you couldn't get better times. It would be nice to have them all done earlier in the day so you can get a 4th FP+ and beyond to do more rides, but you've gotta take what you can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter