• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

**I'll be back soon to finish the rest. DH replaced our printer recently with something (in my opinion) a tad excessive. He needs to print out some mortgage docs for us to sign and the new printer might trip the circuit breaker. :rolleyes2

**I'll be back soon to finish the rest. DH replaced our printer recently with something (in my opinion) a tad excessive. He needs to print out some mortgage docs for us to sign and the new printer might trip the circuit breaker. :rolleyes2
Good thing I heald off... The thing is a beast and tripped the circuit not 5 seconds after I posted. (He was trying to turn it on. :rolleyes2:rotfl2::confused3) He has since taken it to another room and hopes for success.

Our original plan after Illuminations was to hop over to Hollywood Studios for EMH so that DH could get a few rides in on TOT and we could try to catch the late show of Fantasmic. Unfortunately as our evening in Epcot progressed DH started developing more of a headache and by the time that Illuminations was done we decided that it was time to call it a night. So after hanging at our table till we were pretty much the last guests in the restaurant we started our slow mosey out of the park.

20150511_214515_zpstfh74qzu.jpg

20150511_214545_zpsidikmosm.jpg

20150511_214626_zpsajwgb94p.jpg

20150511_214853_zpsgubdf4fx.jpg

20150511_215138_zpshszu6fku.jpg

20150511_215305_zpsorztvmtk.jpg

20150511_215733_zpse21tvxoj.jpg

20150511_220142_zpsk6m60ao4.jpg

20150511_220309_zpsbdfhxq8n.jpg

20150511_220405_zps2w81cxt2.jpg

20150511_220559_zpsgjhjw1i4.jpg

20150511_221406_zpsmezuxod4.jpg

20150511_221715_zpskztntdlg.jpg

20150511_222243_zpssoxn3wru.jpg

20150511_222413_001_zpsti7uujsc.jpg

(Particularly Proud of this one! Remember I only used my phone to take pictures!)

20150511_222522_zpsasexvxuv.jpg

20150511_223154_zpskmlmrzbl.jpg

Soon we found our way to the practically Empty bus stop and made our way back to the resort. On our way back to the room the building just looked too pretty not to get a few pictures of.

20150511_230058_zpsvc86lv50.jpg

20150511_230403_zpsvwajaruy.jpg

****Bonus Time***

Where is our evening meal tomorrow?

**I may have made a mistake in re doing the totals after the circuit tripped last night (Thanks new beast of a printer! :P>:() If you see errors let me know!

Trip Report Game Points

@annie170 – 7pts R&C, Illuminations, No, bonus for only full correct answer

@mdsouth – 5pts; 1pt for catching mistake, 4 points for honesty

@vleeth – 3pts; Illuminations, no

@Dugette – 2 pts; R&C, Illumination, yes

@afwdwfan –1 pts; R&C, Fantasmic, yes

Totals:

Dugette – 40

annie170 – 31

Afwdwfan – 30

Chunkymonkey – 23

Cajunfan – 22

Princessesandpascal – 19

Vleeth – 15

NJLauren - 13

BlvInMagic – 12

Pkondz – 12

BibbitybobityLu – 11

Mdsouth – 10

Kadrachb – 7

LovesTheMouse – 6

ashw100 – 5

Rose and Crown is one of those places I always forget about. That was a good idea getting a later adr and watching Illuminations from your table. Were the fish and chips similar to the ones at Yorkshire County?

I love all of the parks at night, but Epcot is my favorite. POR is very lovely at night, too. Great pics out of your phone!

I'll guess Ohana as your evening meal.

Good luck with your closing and move!

Love the photos from Mickey and Minnie. So cute! Little Miss always looks so excited and happy. (Side note - I'm sorry people feel the need to make comments about your homeschooling decision.. Why people think that is their business is beyond me!)

Rose and Crown looks like a great meal. I love the QS fish and chips from next door and I have always heard great things about Rose and Crown. We will definitely have to try it sometime!

Great Spaceship Earth pics, I love the way it is lit up at night.

Rose and Crown looks great. We also love the QS fish and chips that is right there. In fact it is penciled in as our main lunch choice for our first EPCOT day.

It also looked like a great place to watch Illuminations from, and is it bad to admit that I don't think I have ever seen the full thing, I get bored halfway through. I like fireworks, the whole show part though, I can be walking back out to my car or bus and getting ready to go and still see them. I have the same issue with getting bored at parades too.

Those are great end of the night photos.

I've miss a few updates!:sad: But I am caught up now. :cutie:
Your day sounds like a whirlwind but so much fun. I love park hopping.
That's a great seat that you have at Rose and Crown! Did you have to go there early to request that table or were you guys just lucky?

I'm thinking...tomorrow's dinner is at Ohana!

:laughing: Little Miss's expression!

One must always keep in touch when one is famous.

And with fingers crossed for a good view we were lead to what the hostess proudly boasted was her favorite seat in the house and it was clear why.

Wow! Nice score on the table!

Of course if you are eating in a British pub for dinner DH felt he just had to get a British beer to go with it.

This only makes sense.

DH and I each got a Scottish Egg

What's that???

Soon it was dark and time for Illuminations to begin. This was just a fabulous place to view them and I can now say that I am a fan of this show.

Pretty hard not to with primo seats like that!

We both agreed that this was probably the best Fish and Chips we’ve ever had.

Huh! I'm trying to remember if I felt the same way.
I think I was just enjoying myself so much that I didn't even notice!
I do remember that I liked the the fish & chips, though.

Late... but still smiling.

Very nice shot.

20150511_222413_001_zpsti7uujsc.jpg

(Particularly Proud of this one! Remember I only used my phone to take pictures!)

Even before I read your comment, I was already planning to say that this was my favorite shot!

Where is our evening meal tomorrow?

Considering how much I'm sucking at this contest, maybe I should just say "WDW!"

But I'll go with DHS since you were hoping to get there that night.
And then I'll go even farther and say Mama Melrose.

Which of course means that you'll probably wind up in MK at Tony's.
(Which rules that out too, now)

What a wonderful view! I think that would make me an Illuminations fan as well.

I'm going to go way out and say Hoop De Do Review for the next night.

Rose and Crown is one of those places I always forget about. That was a good idea getting a later adr and watching Illuminations from your table. Were the fish and chips similar to the ones at Yorkshire County?
According to our waiter it was the same fish and chips.

I love all of the parks at night, but Epcot is my favorite.
It's one of my favorites as well. You should have seen the number of shots I ACTUALLY took that night! :rotfl2:

POR is very lovely at night, too. Great pics out of your phone!
:thanks:

I'll guess Ohana as your evening meal.
:rolleyes1

Good luck with your closing and move!
:thanks: I found a tool this afternoon on the builder's site that allows you to put properly sized furniture in the floor plans and then print them. My little Diser heart filled with Joy and accomplishment today. I've now worked out where all the furniture is going. I feel a smidge less frantic about what is still left to be done.

Love the photos from Mickey and Minnie. So cute! Little Miss always looks so excited and happy.

(Side note - I'm sorry people feel the need to make comments about your homeschooling decision.. Why people think that is their business is beyond me!)
:thanks: I'm just blown away that I have to justify why I don't have my 3 year old in school! :rolleyes2

Rose and Crown looks like a great meal. I love the QS fish and chips from next door and I have always heard great things about Rose and Crown. We will definitely have to try it sometime!
Apparently according to our waiter the qs serves the same fish.

Great Spaceship Earth pics, I love the way it is lit up at night.
Its a favorite of mine as well.

That is a great view. And all your food looked delicious! I wanted to try Rose and Crown last year, but we never got to.
Its totally worth it! Wouldn't want to eat a lunch out there though. :sunny:

You have a right to be proud of this one! It's fantastic!

Rose and Crown looks great. We also love the QS fish and chips that is right there. In fact it is penciled in as our main lunch choice for our first EPCOT day.
Oooo Good choice!

It also looked like a great place to watch Illuminations from, and is it bad to admit that I don't think I have ever seen the full thing, I get bored halfway through. I like fireworks, the whole show part though, I can be walking back out to my car or bus and getting ready to go and still see them. I have the same issue with getting bored at parades too.
But the finale is the best part! :confused3

Those are great end of the night photos.

I've miss a few updates!:sad: But I am caught up now. :cutie:
:yay:

Your day sounds like a whirlwind but so much fun. I love park hopping.
It really wasn't that bad. It it really hadn't been for DH's headache we would have been fit to go to HS. I just didn't want to do that by myself.

That's a great seat that you have at Rose and Crown! Did you have to go there early to request that table or were you guys just lucky?
A little of both. We had an adr of 7:50 (for a 9pm show) and requested that we be seated somewhere for the fireworks view and that we were willing to wait for it.

I'm thinking...tomorrow's dinner is at Ohana!

:laughing: Little Miss's expression!
:rotfl2:::yes::

One must always keep in touch when one is famous.
::yes:: Absolutely!

Wow! Nice score on the table!
We were amazed at how nice it was!

This only makes sense.
:drinking1

What's that???
A hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage, and then deep fried.

Pretty hard not to with primo seats like that!
::yes:::wizard:

Huh! I'm trying to remember if I felt the same way.
I think I was just enjoying myself so much that I didn't even notice!
I do remember that I liked the the fish & chips, though.
Mmmm they were so good!

Late... but still smiling.
What can I say, she's quite the night owl! :thumbsup2

Very nice shot.

Even before I read your comment, I was already planning to say that this was my favorite shot!
It's one of mine as well! I have almost mistaken it as one of the Photopass Stock shots!

Considering how much I'm sucking at this contest, maybe I should just say "WDW!"

Which of course means that you'll probably wind up in MK at Tony's.
(Which rules that out too, now)
:rolleyes1:rotfl2:::yes:::scratchin

What a wonderful view! I think that would make me an Illuminations fan as well.
:wizard: It was pretty magical!

I'm going to go way out and say Hoop De Do Review for the next night.
:scratchin Hint... look back at day 4! :thumbsup2

A hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage, and then deep fried.

How the heck to you wrap a sausage around....

Wow this is really starting to sound dirty.

Anyway... Yay Google!
Now I know how to make Scottish Eggs.
Maybe I'll make them tomorrow.

How the heck to you wrap a sausage around....

Wow this is really starting to sound dirty.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: If you make them let me know what you think. From the one that I had I went in expecting to just LOVE them. Instead I was distinctly left the impression of "meh"

Wow amazing pictures!!!

We love Rose and Crown as well its one of our favs! Especially when you get lucky and get a table like yours!!! Looks like little miss had a blast playing around and taking some cute pics!

I'm sad you didn't hit 4 parks in one day mostly because it a bucket list item for me.

I have to say I never even knew there was a play area by/inside Mission Space - have to remember that for the future (I think because Mission Space is something we've done and while we didn't dislike it, just not something we need to do again)

I love how kids think everything is a phone :rotfl2:

Wow, you guys got the best table! We love doing Rose and Crown for dinner though have never eaten outside (even if you are seated inside you can go out on their patio/viewing area when the show starts) - it is a really nice view!

Love at night when the parks are empty and you can get a lot of nice pictures. Good job!

If you make them let me know what you think. From the one that I had I went in expecting to just LOVE them. Instead I was distinctly left the impression of "meh"

Oh, great. I watched a youtube vid and the guy was just gushing about them.
Now, I'm wondering if it's worth the effort!

Think I'll still try it... We'll see.
Lot on my plate right now (no pun intended.)

Okay, so here's the scoop.
I wanted to make those Scottish Eggs... but what goes with them?
I dunno.
That's okay, 'cause I don't care! :laughing:

So I decided to go European rather than Scottish.
So in addition to the eggs, I went with a German cucumber salad, spaetzle with mushroom gravy and wurst (sausages)

I made the eggs like what I saw on Youtube i.e. soft as opposed to hard boiled.

The verdict?
Well.... like you said. "Meh".
Ruby hated them right away.
Kay didn't really like it... but she ate half.
Elle was like me. "Meh".

Short story long, I won't make it again, I don't think.

scottish%20egg_zpsi5oibrt6.jpg

Okay, so here's the scoop.
I wanted to make those Scottish Eggs... but what goes with them?
I dunno.
That's okay, 'cause I don't care! :laughing:

So I decided to go European rather than Scottish.
So in addition to the eggs, I went with a German cucumber salad, spaetzle with mushroom gravy and wurst (sausages)

I made the eggs like what I saw on Youtube i.e. soft as opposed to hard boiled.

The verdict?
Well.... like you said. "Meh".
Ruby hated them right away.
Kay didn't really like it... but she ate half.
Elle was like me. "Meh".

Short story long, I won't make it again, I don't think.

scottish%20egg_zpsi5oibrt6.jpg

Interesting. I wonder what it is about them that makes it meh? It has so much potential for greatness going in.

Interesting. I wonder what it is about them that makes it meh? It has so much potential for greatness going in.

I actually jokingly mocked Ruby about it.
I told her next time she wants me to make breakfast for her I'd say no,
since she obviously doesn't like sausage and eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter