• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

My original plans had me taking Little Miss's Belle dress back off after meeting Belle so that she wouldn't get overheated, but she wouldn't hear of it so we let it go.
You made plans? For her? That's funny! :rotfl2:

As we were exiting we realized that the girls took much longer than we had accounted for and we wouldn’t be able to get to the Guys now and stay on schedule so we decided to skip them.
But it looks like she had a great meet with the ladies so I guess that's what counts!

From there we could tell that Little Miss was getting a tad on the overheated side so after coaxing Little Miss out of her Belle Dress, I stayed with the stroller and our phones and I sent DH in to the splash area with Little Miss.
Lucky DH... :rolleyes1

She had big fun with that and soon it was time for our next FP.
Wet and smiling. Yes, a very successful visit to the splash area. Although I still see some dry spots, and that seems a little bit uncharacteristic for anyone I've ever seen in that splash area.

- What is the last thing we do before leaving the park for break?
Um... Dumbo?

Those pictures with Minnie and Daisy are just precious! It's things like that the make the trip worth every penny.

I'll guess your next FP is for Dumbo and you have lunch before leaving the park for break.

As we left the Gift Shop (Holy Cow does it smell good in there!)
It smells AMAZING in there. On our first trip in, it was right before we ate lunch and I was so hungry before I went in, all those treats looked so good to me...

And the pictures with Daisy and Minnie are cute! We ended up seeing them too, and their line took A LOT longer than Goofy and Donald. I also found Goofy and Donald spent a lot more time per person, because their line wasn't as long as the girls.

I'm going to say you eat lunch?

I'm thinking you were insane and went to see Anna/Elsa or Cinderella/Rapunzel with your FP+...yeah never doing that again! :)

The pictures of Little Miss with Minnie and Daisy are absolutely adorable!! The excitement, fun and pure pleasure just radiates out. You have excellent photo journalism skills as well!

My guess for what you did with Little Miss and your husband would be stop for the parade for a bit and leave to take naps! Or take a stop at one of the stores on Main Street. paw:

Clearly you have a very shy and unassuming child on your hands who does not like to meet characters. That's really too bad, as I'm sure it would have made for some great photos ; )

My daughter loves the Casey Jr. splash area too (and it's her namesake so we doubly love it). I'll never understand kids fascination with being fulling clothed and getting wet, but at least it keeps em cool.

I'm gonna vote you take the train to the front of the park before leaving.

I some how missed you last two updates!!! :( Great up dates and pictures, love the pictures of the met with Minnie and Daisy. :love:. Little Miss looks So thrilled!! And also great family photos taken in front of the Beasts castle too.
Sorry about the rude couple at Tales With Belle, smart move not getting into a confrontation with them. You have to wonder why you run across nasty rude people at the happiest place on earth. :confused3
I missed a couple of questions, I will take a stab at the bonus question. Did you stop at the Starbucks bakery?

My original plans had me taking Little Miss's Belle dress back off after meeting Belle so that she wouldn't get overheated, but she wouldn't hear of it so we let it go.

Good idea. Some battles can be bypassed.

we wouldn’t be able to get to the Guys now and stay on schedule so we decided to skip them.

One look over towards barnstormer showed that going there would probably cause problems for our schedule as well and we just decided to cut it as well.

That's the nice thing when they're at that age.
You can skip things or target things and they never know.
All they know is they're having fun at Disney.

As we left the Gift Shop (Holy Cow does it smell good in there!)

:lmao:

Dumbo?

Wonderful pics of Little Miss with Daisy and Minnie! The costumes and backdrops captured here are so elaborate -- very cool!! We also stopped by to visit the gals and guys in the Silly Side Show, but the wait time was wayyyy longer than the 15 minutes that they had posted out front -- so we ended up scooting out of line to make our ADR at Be Our Guest, and never did get back to see them. That's Disney though, sometimes you have to adjust your plans :) Can't wait to see what happens next!

Petes silly sideshow pics look great! It's so funny to me how these girls will wear those dresses to the point of overheating! They sure love being their favorite princess!
Looks like little miss had fun cooling off in the water!

Cute pictures! It looks like Little Miss had a ball meeting Minnie and Daisy.
And yes, it does smell great in the tent!

I'll come back and do responses soon. I've been really busy. However I have been on a roll on getting the TR typed up before things slip away. I have everything written through day 7 at this point. Only 3 days left to type up. I'll still probably stick to one or two updates a week though. Gotta preserve that magic some how right?

Smart move to not mess with a toddler's clothes preferences! ::yes::

MK_SBCSIDESHOWMINNIECHAR_7300375900_zpstrkmb5us.jpeg
This picture is so cute! :lovestruc Looks like she had a great time meeting the girls and playing/dancing with them. Super cute!

One look over towards barnstormer showed that going there would probably cause problems for our schedule as well and we just decided to cut it as well.
Also smart - I think that ride was the longest wait on our trip. :faint:

I'll go out on a crazy limb and say bathroom break. :rotfl:

I have everything written through day 7 at this point.
Wow, I am impressed! :worship: If I get 1-2 updates written ahead of time I'm impressed with myself. :rotfl2: I agree about spacing out the posting, though - too many at once is just intimidating to read and comment on, I think.

I'll come back and do responses soon. I've been really busy. However I have been on a roll on getting the TR typed up before things slip away. I have everything written through day 7 at this point. Only 3 days left to type up. I'll still probably stick to one or two updates a week though. Gotta preserve that magic some how right?

Right.

Just joining your trip report and loving all the pictures. Lil Miss is such a cutie and seeing her reaction in these pictures is what Disney is all about! :love:
So sorry for your losses and I can only imagine the stress you have been going through. This is the time for friends and family and glad that they are there for you!

You made plans? For her? That's funny! :rotfl2:
:rolleyes: I know right! :rotfl2:

But it looks like she had a great meet with the ladies so I guess that's what counts!
::yes::

Lucky DH... :rolleyes1
:thumbsup2

Wet and smiling. Yes, a very successful visit to the splash area. Although I still see some dry spots, and that seems a little bit uncharacteristic for anyone I've ever seen in that splash area.
I believe DH kept her out of the bulk of the area.

Um... Dumbo?
:rolleyes1

Looks like she really enjoyed getting wet!! And her other outfit is adorable too as always!
Indeed she did.

I haven't really gotten in the game here yet but...gonna go with...eat some ice cream :)

Those pictures with Minnie and Daisy are just precious! It's things like that the make the trip worth every penny.

I'll guess your next FP is for Dumbo and you have lunch before leaving the park for break.

It smells AMAZING in there. On our first trip in, it was right before we ate lunch and I was so hungry before I went in, all those treats looked so good to me...
:rotfl: We were still full from our cinnamon roll but still ended up debating whether to get something! :rotfl:

And the pictures with Daisy and Minnie are cute! We ended up seeing them too, and their line took A LOT longer than Goofy and Donald. I also found Goofy and Donald spent a lot more time per person, because their line wasn't as long as the girls.
My gut had told me to go to them first but I went with the popular decision.

I'm going to say you eat lunch?

I'm thinking you were insane and went to see Anna/Elsa or Cinderella/Rapunzel with your FP+...yeah never doing that again! :)

The pictures of Little Miss with Minnie and Daisy are absolutely adorable!! The excitement, fun and pure pleasure just radiates out. You have excellent photo journalism skills as well!
Well the pictures with the characters are photopass pictures not my own, but thank you!

My guess for what you did with Little Miss and your husband would be stop for the parade for a bit and leave to take naps! Or take a stop at one of the stores on Main Street. paw:

Clearly you have a very shy and unassuming child on your hands who does not like to meet characters. That's really too bad, as I'm sure it would have made for some great photos ; )
::yes:: Indeed! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

My daughter loves the Casey Jr. splash area too (and it's her namesake so we doubly love it). I'll never understand kids fascination with being fulling clothed and getting wet, but at least it keeps em cool.

I'm gonna vote you take the train to the front of the park before leaving.

I some how missed you last two updates!!! :(
Meh, It's happened to me a lot lately.

Great up dates and pictures, love the pictures of the met with Minnie and Daisy. :love:. Little Miss looks So thrilled!! And also great family photos taken in front of the Beasts castle too.
:thanks:

Sorry about the rude couple at Tales With Belle, smart move not getting into a confrontation with them. You have to wonder why you run across nasty rude people at the happiest place on earth. :confused3
Its not a trip without at least one rude couple right?

I missed a couple of questions, I will take a stab at the bonus question. Did you stop at the Starbucks bakery?

Good idea. Some battles can be bypassed.
::yes:: And I figured that getting a tad overheated would prove a point and teach a lesson.

That's the nice thing when they're at that age.
You can skip things or target things and they never know.
All they know is they're having fun at Disney.
::yes:: Planning will be so much harder when Opinions get involved! :rotfl:

Wonderful pics of Little Miss with Daisy and Minnie! The costumes and backdrops captured here are so elaborate -- very cool!!

We also stopped by to visit the gals and guys in the Silly Side Show, but the wait time was wayyyy longer than the 15 minutes that they had posted out front -- so we ended up scooting out of line to make our ADR at Be Our Guest, and never did get back to see them.
Yeah we never did get back to see the boys.

That's Disney though, sometimes you have to adjust your plans :)

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Looking forward to sharing.

Petes silly sideshow pics look great! It's so funny to me how these girls will wear those dresses to the point of overheating!
:rotfl: She just loves being a princess that's for sure!

They sure love being their favorite princess!
::yes:::wizard:

Looks like little miss had fun cooling off in the water!
:umbrella: Indeed!

Cute pictures! It looks like Little Miss had a ball meeting Minnie and Daisy.
And yes, it does smell great in the tent!

Smart move to not mess with a toddler's clothes preferences! ::yes::
Speaking from experience are we? :rotfl::thumbsup2

This picture is so cute! :lovestruc Looks like she had a great time meeting the girls and playing/dancing with them. Super cute!
Big fun for sure!

Also smart - I think that ride was the longest wait on our trip. :faint:
Not worth it really. The line was LONG!

I'll go out on a crazy limb and say bathroom break. :rotfl:

Wow, I am impressed! :worship: If I get 1-2 updates written ahead of time I'm impressed with myself. :rotfl2: I agree about spacing out the posting, though - too many at once is just intimidating to read and comment on, I think.
Well part of it is that once I get writing its easy to keep the flow up and keep it going. Also, the sooner I get things written out the fresher things are in my mind. Thirdly, I am hoping to do a Shutterfly Photobook with the TR once I get things written out I can start work on that.

Just joining your trip report and loving all the pictures.
:dogdance::welcome::thanks:

Lil Miss is such a cutie and seeing her reaction in these pictures is what Disney is all about! :love:
It really is! :wizard:

So sorry for your losses and I can only imagine the stress you have been going through. This is the time for friends and family and glad that they are there for you!
Thank you.

but she wouldn't hear of it so we let it go.

... I see what you did there ;)

Tons of great pictures of Little Miss with Minnie and Daisy!

The splash area is really cute - though calling it a splash area is kinda underselling it as pretty hard not to get really wet if you spend any sort of time in it.

I'm going to guess you stopped for a snack of some sort ... Mickey bars if I need to be more specific

... I see what you did there ;)
Huh...:upsidedow That was not intentional. :rotfl:

Tons of great pictures of Little Miss with Minnie and Daisy!
I was very pleased with Photopass this trip. We ended up with some fabulous pictures!

The splash area is really cute - though calling it a splash area is kinda underselling it as pretty hard not to get really wet if you spend any sort of time in it.
DH managed to keep Little Miss fairly dry.

I'm going to guess you stopped for a snack of some sort ... Mickey bars if I need to be more specific

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter