“Disney Drop” mystery box from Disney+?

Well thanks for posting about this. We use an old email for Disney+ that I don’t check often. And we’re on vacation at WDW so I wasn’t checking any emails. But I just checked & we got the email. We had Hulu already & added Disney+ bundle when it came out. We pay month to month, no term .

we purchased the original 3 year deal and did receive a box email. We normally don't get anything from Disney, so at first thought the email was a scam.

Same here--- 3 year original subscription the first day it was available. No box.

I signed up for the three-year plan with the Disney Visa discount. My renewal is scheduled for November... No offer for me.

We got a box last year. They must randomly select subscribers for the promotion. It was worth about $150 worth of nice stuff. None of it is left over park merchandise except maybe the lollipops that were in our box. We picked a Mickey Mouse themed box.

In an effort to get a bit more info with respect to getting and/or not getting boxes, my research led me to a recommendation to do a chat on the Disney+ website. I did that this morning and was told the following verbatim (grammar/spelling issues and all): "Upon checking with my teams only the Box was available only to those have restart their subscription, or renewed theyre Disney+. Since you still have an Active subscription and your subscription lasts up to November, rest assure that you will receive one when you are nearby expiration of subscription. The Promo is available up to December 31, 2022."

I then proceeded to point out that I knew of several individuals with the exact renewal date as mine that have either been offered the Mystery Box, or have received the Mystery Box already. The response to that was, "If that is the case rest assure that I will take this as a Feedback and make sure to bring the issue to my higher lever of support."

Anyway, I'm not at all confident that I'm ever going to receive a Mystery Box once my auto renewal occurs in Novermber. My recommendation to anyone else that posted here about not receiving the email is to initiate your own Chat on the Disney+ website to see what answers you receive. Please post here if you will. I'm really curious to see what others are told.

The link to chat is at the bottom of their Help page. Go to Disney+ and login. Click on your profile, select Help and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Based on the above suggestion, I gave the chat a try but I received a totally different response.

Upon checking here on my resources that they will send an email for the Disney Drop Box to the customers who are eligible for that offer, once you received an email you will need to claim it so that they will deliver it to you, We currently don't have information about who is eligible for the drop box since Walt Disney is the one who decided and send an email for the customer who are directly billed on Disney+. Nothing to worry just make sure you will keep your account active and in a good standing for you to be eligible for the next round of Disney Drop Box.

Based on the above suggestion, I gave the chat a try but I received a totally different response.

Upon checking here on my resources that they will send an email for the Disney Drop Box to the customers who are eligible for that offer, once you received an email you will need to claim it so that they will deliver it to you, We currently don't have information about who is eligible for the drop box since Walt Disney is the one who decided and send an email for the customer who are directly billed on Disney+. Nothing to worry just make sure you will keep your account active and in a good standing for you to be eligible for the next round of Disney Drop Box.
Thanks, I hope more initiate the chat. I want to see just how many different answers we receive.

Thanks, I hope more initiate the chat. I want to see just how many different answers we receive.
If it helps, when I signed up originally, I believe it was through a promo I got either from D23 or my DVC (I can’t remember which). I wonder if the boxes are tied to that versus all signups. :)

If it helps, when I signed up originally, I believe it was through a promo I got either from D23 or my DVC (I can’t remember which). I wonder if the boxes are tied to that versus all signups. :)
No, I don't think that's it because I did the D23 3-year promo and the OP for this thread, who has received a Box, did this same promo.

Last edited:

This seems to confirm that Walt Disney himself is the one sending these emails. May explain why the giveaway is frozen at the moment…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter